The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #51
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Yeah I'll listen to the critics over the stubbornness of overzealous fanboys and girls that aren't getting everything their way. I cannot wait for IM3, but seriously BRING ON THOR! wahooo!
Contrary to what everyone seems to think here, people are entitled to their own opinions. If they can justify their reactions to something, if they can honestly justify their own reactions, or really think they can, well then that gives them a damn opinion, and they have every right to have it, regardless of what others think, it's still an actual opinion, just because it differs, doesn't mean they should be stepped on. I personally prefer similar to the comics, but I am open for change. I will make this clear, I don't have a problem with the supposed twist, I just have a problem with the twist being, it. because it seems too obvious, and I would expect that there is more to it than we think, because it just doesn't make full sense, based on what I've heard and fiege's words, I am convinced there's more to that.

and dude, honestly enough now lol I know you have your opinion, but god, you don't have to call out and label the people like that EVERY freakin time it gets brought up, ..jesus, it comes off very condescending

Old 04-19-2013, 02:18 AM   #52
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

I've never once called people out or acted like their opinions are wrong, I think you read my posts in the wrong way. My criticisms being brought up in that post you quoted was that people are jumping to giant conclusions due to a context change from comics to film without having seen the film at all. if you're arguing a point and standing on that ground of not seeing the final product then the opinion one presents is basically invalid.

I haven't brought my opinions into the boards much, I like to wait and see, watch the final product then form an opinion and thats the mindset I post with. People jump to giant conclusions from a behind the scenes picture or early reviews of a movie that they haven't seen themselves yet. Granted they are allowed to do that, I'm not saying they can't. But it's a bit silly to essentially judge a book by its cover.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-19-2013, 02:31 AM   #53
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I've never once called people out or acted like their opinions are wrong, I think you read my posts in the wrong way. My criticisms being brought up in that post you quoted was that people are jumping to giant conclusions due to a context change from comics to film without having seen the film at all. if you're arguing a point and standing on that ground of not seeing the final product then the opinion one presents is basically invalid.

I haven't brought my opinions into the boards much, I like to wait and see, watch the final product then form an opinion and thats the mindset I post with. People jump to giant conclusions from a behind the scenes picture or early reviews of a movie that they haven't seen themselves yet. Granted they are allowed to do that, I'm not saying they can't. But it's a bit silly to essentially judge a book by its cover.
Ok. We'll leave it as a misunderstanding. I thought you were referring to the people who just didnt like the twist cause he's different from 616. Didnt realize you were talking about the people using that as the deciding factor of how good the movie was... My bad :P but even for them so, I don't think labeling in a bit of a condescending way is really necessary, it is still just as much as an opinion, ya know?? Anyway... How bout that poster!?

Old 04-19-2013, 02:35 AM   #54
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Ok. We'll leave it as a misunderstanding. I thought you were referring to the people who just didnt like the twist cause he's different from 616. Didnt realize you were talking about the people using that as the deciding factor of how good the movie was... My bad :P but even for them so, I don't think labeling in a bit of a condescending way is really necessary, it is still just as much as an opinion, ya know?? Anyway... How bout that poster!?
I'll admit, I took a minor jab with the stubbornness comment, but yeah wait and see then judge is my main point. but yeah, poster!! hope it's desktop background worthy

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-19-2013, 02:38 AM   #55
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I'll admit, I took a minor jab with the stubbornness comment, but yeah wait and see then judge is my main point. but yeah, poster!! hope it's desktop background worthy
Thinking the same thing. Bet my ass I have a dream about the movie tonight lol

Old 04-19-2013, 03:40 AM   #56
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
The Iron Man 3 threads are hilarious. So many hands being wrung and pearls being clutched
I can't even open the IM3 News & Spec thread any more. Nobody in there has actually seen the movie, yet 99% of them know with absolute certainty that it's horrible. Once I caught wind of the massive surge of nerdrage on the horizon I cleared out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I love how movie reactions are nearly 100% glowing for IM3, and yet somehow the mood in there is nearing funeral levels.
And that's what's most ridiculous about it. People who have seen the movie love it, while a bunch of folks who've only read spoilers are going on about how awful it is. It's mind-boggling.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:17 AM   #57
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I can't even open the IM3 News & Spec thread any more. Nobody in there has actually seen the movie, yet 99% of them know with absolute certainty that it's horrible. Once I caught wind of the massive surge of nerdrage on the horizon I cleared out.

And that's what's most ridiculous about it. People who have seen the movie love it, while a bunch of folks who've only read spoilers are going on about how awful it is. It's mind-boggling.
Urgh. Wish me luck... I'll be diving in in about an hour or so.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:56 AM   #58
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Urgh. Wish me luck... I'll be diving in in about an hour or so.
Good luck. If you're not back in an hour we'll send a search party.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #59
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Back. That thread is currently the equivalent of Annihilus' mind. Arrrggghhh... buzzing!

Old 04-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #60
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

4 days

Old 04-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #61
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Boo! I hate new trailers!
...we haven't had one Thor 2 trailer yet...are we having a Superhero over load WT? lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Last edited by Vartha; 04-19-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #62
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
4 days
With that discription out of Mexico from the Disney trade fair I CANNOT WAIT

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #63
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
It's not looking to good for goldie locks, he's gonna have to do some seriously epic **** to compete with MOS.
Snyder can pull off crazy over the top action with MOS, which it fits. I think Thor TDW will have its own style of action. If they can top the frost giant fight in the first movie, coupled with some airborne attacks, I am in.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #64
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I expect MoS to have more stylized action while Taylor's TWD will probably have more brutal action. Both are okay by me.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #65
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Old 04-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #66
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

First trailer confirmed to release on TUESDAY, APRIL 23RD!

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #67
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post

OMG, to say that I love this feels like a severe and utter understatement....

*looks at current desktop wallpaper....looks back at image*

Sorry Wolverine, you've officially been booted

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #68
xeno000
Raining hell from above

That poster is gorgeous. Marvel delivered the goods once again. Somebody must have whipped their trailer department into shape after The Avengers had such lackluster ones.

Quote:
Thor is already swinging in this exclusive reveal of the "Thor: The Dark World" teaser poster

Iron Man might be the next Marvel super hero to hit theaters in May, but Thor is already making some noise.

As this exclusive reveal of Thor: The Dark World teaser poster shows, Chris Hemsworth's Nordic demigod is already ready for action in advance of the Nov. 8 release date.

"It doesn't get much badder than Chris Hemsworth as Thor," says Marvel president of production Kevin Feige of the solo image.

And that's bad for Christopher Eccleston, who plays the new foe Malekith in Dark World.

Feige says that the poster was taken from a typical shooting day during the second Thor solo adventure, this time directed by Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones).

"It's rare that you have a poster that is just Chris Hemsworth shooting on the set," says Feige. "But he just looks like Thor. We just put in some lightning, and he's got his hammer and you're there. It's just an incredibly striking image."

The Dark World will see Thor reunited with his love Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and his troublesome brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston).
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...worth/2096603/

Old 04-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #69
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Meh. Nothing at all special about the poster.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #70
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Love it.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #71
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

Music by Carter Burwell.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #72
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

That poster...I like it! Another!

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #73
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Meh. Nothing at all special about the poster.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #74
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Seriously that poster is all kinds of win.

I want to be Chris Hemsworth.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #75
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

wooohooo first poster! Love it!

Closed Thread