The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Stand-Alone Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,609
Default The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

I don't know if there's a thread for this or not, but here's one anyway.Since I heard that they were making spin-off movies in the Star Wars universe, I, along with many others would love to see a Revan movie. My concept for Revan's story would probably be a trilogy which runs parallel to 7, 8 and 9. The first movie would focus on the very end of the Mandalorian Wars, starting on Malachor V and shows the start of the Jedi Civil War after meeting the Sith Emperor on Dromund Kaas. The next two movies would then focus on events the happen in KOTOR. Here's an idea for an opening crawl.

STAR WARS: DARTH REVAN, FALLEN KNIGHT

Four Thousand years before the Galactic Empire, the GALACTIC REPUBLIC verges towards victory in its long and bloody war with the MANDALORIAN CRUSADERS.

On the world of Malachor V, Jedi Leaders REVAN and MALAK race to activate the MASS SHADOW GENERATOR, a weapon designed to end the Mandalorian threat once and for all and restore freedom to the galaxy.

Little do they know, a new evil plots within the shadows...

My own cast so far:

Christian Bale-Revan
Nathan Fillion-Carth Onasi
Keira Knightly-Bastilla Shan

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #2
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,409
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

I'd love a KOTOR and especially a Revan trilogy of films.

Bale as Revan is perfection. but no Keira Knightley. You need Jessica Chastain.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 AM   #3
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,609
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I'd love a KOTOR and especially a Revan trilogy of films.

Bale as Revan is perfection. but no Keira Knightley. You need Jessica Chastain.
So I had a look at Jessica Chastain. I'm not sure she would make a good Bastilla. Bastilla looks to me like "Princess Leia with Jedi training", she's young(about mid-20s by my estimate) and by the book, along with that there's a deep-dark hidden side to her which falls in love with the strong male lead i.e. Revan. She does not strike me as that.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #4
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,409
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Which movies have you seen her in?

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #5
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,609
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Which movies have you seen her in?
not so much movies, but I just think



looks nothing like



maybe as an older Bastilla, but I see Bastilla as younger not much older than Leia was in the movies.

Other choices for Bastilla include Emily Blunt, Rose Byrne as well as Josh Holloway for Carth

Oh and I would also have:

Emily Browning-Mission Vao
Avery Brooks-Jolee Bindo
Stephan Lang-Canderous Ordo

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,409
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Well, to be frank, I was thinking of older Bastilla from the "Revan" graphic novel.

Gimme Blunt and Byrne over Keira any day.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,609
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

I'm also going to put together a concept teaser trailer for a Revan movie

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 AM   #8
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,409
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Can't wait.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #9
Viral
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 126
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Well it's definitely a possibility now.


http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/02...vie-being.html

Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #10
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,609
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Well it's definitely a possibility now.


http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/02...vie-being.html
That's a rumour which is unlikely to happen. BTW I should be able to put together a Revan teaser trailer by today or something


Last edited by smallville fan; 02-24-2013 at 09:29 PM.
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #11
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Christian Bale is one of the most pretentious and self absorbed actors living today, I don't want him near Star Wars. This is the guy who said he wouldn't come back for a Justice League film because he wouldn't get top billing. Theres a lot of better actors out there, he's just in some good mainstream films.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #12
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubricklynch View Post
Um, did he really say that?
yeah, pretty douchey.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:21 AM   #13
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,409
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubricklynch View Post
Um, did he really say that?
No, he didn't.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #14
Jedi-Spirit
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 141
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

baseless rumor mill fodder

Jedi-Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #15
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
No, he didn't.
He said something along the lines of it a few years ago, maybe it was about robin and the extension was made to the justice league.

Besides Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan are hugely overrated, especially Nolan it's annoying how people think he's the second coming because he's king of deep unnecessary monologues, hans zimmer scores, shots that look blue and cold, and beards. There are so many other actors and directors out there besides the people that gave us one good franchise, it deeply bothers me the lengths people go to in order to put them on a pedestal and idolize them as cinematographic perfection.

Imo Jonathan Nolan should be much more attributed to the success of his brother.


Last edited by BenKenobi; 03-23-2013 at 01:08 PM.
BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #16
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,609
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Hey all, I finally made my own teaser trailer for a KOTOR movie. Watch it and tell me what do you think of it.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


Last edited by smallville fan; 12-01-2013 at 05:36 PM.
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 11,759
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
He said something along the lines of it a few years ago, maybe it was about robin and the extension was made to the justice league.
Nope. Never said that.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #18
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Nope. Never said that.
Alright believe whatever you want, ignorance is bliss i suppose.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #19
OptimusPrime114
Side-Kick
 
OptimusPrime114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,768
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

I nominate Henry Cavill as Revan.


__________________
Classic Trilogy + Prequel Trilogy + Expanded Universe = STAR WARS!
OptimusPrime114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #20
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,609
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
I nominate Henry Cavill as Revan.

That could work too!

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #21
Joker's Lackey
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 474
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Star Wars
Knights of the old Republic

Episode 1
New Beginnings

Plot
Would follow the first game story somewhat closely. I would take out Juhani completely. I would condense the Star Maps to 3 (Dantoonie, Korriban and Lehon). I would also remove Jolee Bindo and restrict Canderous's role to Taris.

Cast
Revan - Kit Harington
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban
Malak - Armie Hammer
Mission - Molly C Quinn
HK-47 - Kristoffer Tabori
Saul Karath - Rufus Sewell

Episode II
Broken Force

Plot
This would deviate from KOTOR II quite a bit. In this Episode, five years after the events on the Star Forge, Revan has disappeared. Meetra Surik an exile Jedi who once served with Revan goes on a quest to find the truth behind Malacor V and find the whereabouts of Reven after his disappearance. Treia's role would remain the same except she would turn Atris who would then Kill Treia and Become the New Darth Treya. Nihlus would remain but not Darth Sion (too many villains). To condense the Cast Mical and GOTO would be removed completely and Brianna restricted to Telos, Mandalore to Onderon and Mira to Nar Shadaa.

Cast
Meetra - Gemma Arterton
Rand - Sam Claflin
Atris - Jessica Chastain
Treia - Cate Blanchett
Bao Dur - Dane DeHaan
Visas Marr - Grace Park
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban
HK-47 - Kristoffer Tabori

Episode III
Empire in Shadows

Plot
After 3 years, Surik along with HK-47 and T4 catches up with Revan who has been captured by Darth Scourge. Surik able to Convince Scourge to release Revan and betray the Emperor start a Journey thru the Unknown regions combating various Dark Council Members to bring down the Empire. They also gain the helped of Kira Carson a young force sensitive sought out by the emperor to be his new "Voice". During the Final battle Scourge betrays Revan when he kills Surik only to see his choice is the wrong side as Revan Defeats the Emperor but had suffered Fatal wounds. Scourge tries to flee but is Killed by Carson. The film ends with T4 returning to Bastilla who has a child and tells her Revan's fate, that he prevented an invasion and died a true hero.

Cast
Revan - Kit Harington
Meetra - Gemma Arterton
Emperor Vitiate - Micheal Shannon
Kira Carson - Saoirse Ronan
Darth Scourge - Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban
HK-47 - Kristoffer Tabori


Last edited by Joker's Lackey; 06-06-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Joker's Lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:32 AM   #22
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,609
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker's Lackey View Post
Star Wars

Knights of the old Republic
Episode 1
New Beginnings

Plot
Would follow the first game story somewhat closely. I would take out Juhani completely. I would condense the Star Maps to 3 (Dantoonie, Korriban and Lehon). I would also remove Jolee Bindo and restrict Canderous's role to Taris.

Cast
Revan - Kit Harington
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban
Malak - Armie Hammer
Mission - Molly C Quinn
HK-47 - Kristoffer Tabori
Saul Karath - Rufus Sewell

Episode II
Broken Force

Plot
This would deviate from KOTOR II quite a bit. In this Episode, five years after the events on the Star Forge, Revan has disappeared. Meetra Surik an exile Jedi who once served with Revan goes on a quest to find the truth behind Malacor V and find the whereabouts of Reven after his disappearance. Treia's role would remain the same except she would turn Atris who would then Kill Treia and Become the New Darth Treya. Nihlus would remain but not Darth Sion (too many villains). To condense the Cast Mical and GOTO would be removed completely and Brianna restricted to Telos, Mandalore to Onderon and Mira to Nar Shadaa.

Cast
Meetra - Gemma Arterton
Rand - Sam Claflin
Atris - Jessica Chastain
Treia - Cate Blanchett
Bao Dur - Dane DeHaan
Visas Marr - Grace Park
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban
HK-47 - Kristoffer Tabori

Episode III
Empire in Shadows

Plot
After 3 years, Surik along with HK-47 and T4 catches up with Revan who has been captured by Darth Scourge. Surik able to Convince Scourge to release Revan and betray the Emperor start a Journey thru the Unknown regions combating various Dark Council Members to bring down the Empire. They also gain the helped of Kira Carson a young force sensitive sought out by the emperor to be his new "Voice". During the Final battle Scourge betrays Revan when he kills Surik only to see his choice is the wrong side as Revan Defeats the Emperor but had suffered Fatal wounds. Scourge tries to flee but is Killed by Carson. The film ends with T4 returning to Bastilla who has a child and tells her Revan's fate, that he prevented an invasion and died a true hero.

Cast
Revan - Kit Harington
Meetra - Gemma Arterton
Emperor Vitiate - Micheal Shannon
Kira Carson - Saoirse Ronan
Darth Scourge - Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban
HK-47 - Kristoffer Tabori
Holy crap that's some awesome fan-casting!!!

Not so sure about having Kira though.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #23
omcginty44
New User - Level 0
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

James Franco would put the most passion in to Revan.

Tom Hardy would be the scariest Darth Sion.

omcginty44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #24
CyclopsWasRight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,368
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Would love a KOTOR movie.

But please no actor of the moment casting if they were to do it.

CyclopsWasRight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #25
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 209
Default Re: The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

This seriously needs to be green lit already.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.