The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #776
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
That show sucked ass.
I dare to ask, but I will....how come you think it sucked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
The animation was fantastic. The writing even better. I wanna groin punch those who've pulled it.
If I knew the addresses of the people responsible, I'd let you know because I'd pay money to see such groin punches.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #777
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

I'm going to align myself with those who loved TSSM. That show was the bee's knees. I still have to finish the second season though. I have the episodes, but still haven't gotten around to watching them since they never aired season 2 where I lived. At least not on any channels that I had.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #778
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I dare to ask, but I will....how come you think it sucked?
The humor was overly childish. Spider-Man is allowed to be corny and cheeky but it was like the show was targeted to 5 year olds. It was on WB I guess. I was excited for the show and the first two episodes were painful to sit through. As were any I tried to watch after that. Like, the janitor falling into a tank of eels and becoming Eelectro was just lame all around. Then the whole Venom part. "BROCK, DON'T DO THIS BRO!" Like really? Spider-Man just said bro while being serious?

Then the character designs sucked all kinds of ass. Electro looked like a kindergartener's Ghost Rider drawing, Venom looked like a dumbass gorilla with those huge arms and gotta love the huge gap in his front teeth. Peter Parker had huge puppy dog eyes. The Spider-Man suit had like, 3 web-lines on it which made it look lazy.

Yeah I could go on. The only thing I really liked was how the action/fight scenes were done. I like the blur effect.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #779
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Max didn't fall into the tanks of eels. I can't see that being a complaint when that's not even accurate, lol.

And I will agree with the design of Venom as it was way too big, and I wasn't a fan of there being a mouth on his stomach for some odd reason, but TSSM's Venom has been the best adaptation so far to date and I really enjoy his arc during season two. And "bro" thing I was only "meh" about, but they were like brothers. I'd rather it be "bro" than "dude" anyways, lol.

And the humor didn't feel like kiddie-ish at all, even if a WB cartoon. At moments it seemed off that only a kid would enjoy, but the writing was brilliant 90% of the time.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #780
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Whatever the tank explodes the show is unmemorable as ****.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #781
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
If he is so lame, then why does Joker copy him??
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Other way around. Joker was created in 1940, Venom is a late 80's product. Venom is the copycat

- The Joker
Old 04-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #782
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Whatever the tank explodes the show is unmemorable as ****.
I'd actually argue that more people remember TSSM and are angered by its cancellation than people who not only watch, but enjoy USM. The only time I hear people talk about that show is when they talk about how bad it is.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #783
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Ah cripes, why would you bring up that show?

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #784
DX
YES! YES! YES!

If you wanna talk about the Spidey equivalent of Batman & Robin...Ultimate Spider-Man. Right there.

SM1: 8.5/10
SM2: 9.5/10
SM3: 6.5/10
TASM: 4/10
TASM2: lol/10
Old 04-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #785
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Just saw SM2. My eyes were glued to the screen the whole time. I feel that they set it up so well for SM3 but they messed it up. I think that there would've been a solution for SM3 if they: Had Harry struggle with the Goblin formula and just wear a darker, hooded version of his father's suit WITH the Glider and Bernard passes away so he can never find out(But although he lives a lie at the end he has a confrontation with Peter and finds out about his father but is so crazed that he doesn't believe him and ends up dying a la SM 1 or some other way and apologizes for his actions, No Sandman, a more fleshed out Symbiote ark and a better MJ/Peter story in which they find out that being together is harder than they thought. Also, yeah, make it a two-parter with Eddie Brock at the end becoming Venom. I think Harry being the main villain would work.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #786
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Just watched Spider-man 3 again tonight... It's faults be damned, I still enjoy it alot.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 04-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #787
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
Just saw SM2. My eyes were glued to the screen the whole time.
That's how I feel every time I watch it. It still has the power to captivate me 9 years later.

- The Joker
Old 04-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #788
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
Just saw SM2. My eyes were glued to the screen the whole time. I feel that they set it up so well for SM3 but they messed it up. I think that there would've been a solution for SM3 if they: Had Harry struggle with the Goblin formula and just wear a darker, hooded version of his father's suit WITH the Glider and Bernard passes away so he can never find out(But although he lives a lie at the end he has a confrontation with Peter and finds out about his father but is so crazed that he doesn't believe him and ends up dying a la SM 1 or some other way and apologizes for his actions, No Sandman, a more fleshed out Symbiote ark and a better MJ/Peter story in which they find out that being together is harder than they thought. Also, yeah, make it a two-parter with Eddie Brock at the end becoming Venom. I think Harry being the main villain would work.
This is more in line with what I always had in mind for SM3.

For Harry, I always felt like they needed to spend a movie on him dealing with the revelation of his father being the Goblin. At the end of SM2, he almost seems to go crazy a bit, which could've set up for him deciding to isolate himself which he fought the demons of his father as he questioned who he loved more, his best friend or his father. Since they never showed whether he took the serum at the end of SM2, I always thought they could have played with that a little more.

As for Venom, I stand by my belief that everything done with Eddie in SM3 was great, with the exception of actually showing Venom. I think if the film ended like the 90's cartoon did, with Eddie being consumed by the symbiote in the final moments and a slight reveal, it could've been perfect. The symbiote could've also been a villain, possibly leading Peter to take MJ to the church because it had messed with his mind, and as he was about to attack her, she knocks the bell, causing the suit to react. In a way, it would seem like she was the one saving him, which would've been a nice change of pace. After the symbiote finally comes off, they could swing away together, and Eddie getting it could've been the final scene or an after credit scene.

Sandman could've been kept in as the main villain for SM3, but he need to be fleshed out more. He didn't need a ton of screentime, since Ock was missing from a huge chunk of SM2 and still turned out to be a great villian. But more was definitely needed. And they needed to cut the Uncle Ben/forgiveness angle.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #789
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Sandman is not main villain material, IMO. He doesn't have the menace and presence of Ock and the Goblin. They can carry a Spidey movie blindfolded.

- The Joker
Old 04-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #790
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Yeah, I was never a fan of the choice. even before they said he was the real killer. But I think he could have definitely benefited from someone like Vulture also being included.

But still, I certainly like that choice more than Electro and Rhino.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #791
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That's how I feel every time I watch it. It still has the power to captivate me 9 years later.
i LOVE Spider-man 2 , if is on TV iŽll see it , and my most watched movie is Spider-man 2 and is still the best Spider-man movie, imho

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-IŽll be right there"
Old 04-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #792
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Amen to that. It's still the Spider-Man movie to top.

- The Joker
Old 04-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #793
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

When Aunt May kicked the Bank man, did she mean to kick Peter because she wasn't really teaching piano lessons?

Old 04-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #794
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Yeah, she was lol. They were trying to get a loan and pretending she was getting more income by giving piano lessons.

- The Joker
Old 04-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #795
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

Spider-Man 3 is now on Watch...and I'm watchin it. It gets hate, but I don't care. It entertains me and I like it's message, even if slightly flawed

Old 04-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #796
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

I still find SM3 to be flawed, but still a ton of fun. Yeah, it's not the high note of the spider-man movies, but I still think it's a solid 8/10, and that 3.1 could fix the flaws with it.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #797
Anno_Domini
Banned User

People are still hoping for a 3.1? Lol.

There's a better chance that Christopher Nolan gives us an extended cut of TDKR.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #798
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I was watching it and for some reason the darker cinematography is off putting. I realize it's conceptually appropriate, but.....bleh. I much prefer the sunlit nostalgia of Spidey 2.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #799
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Oh it's a messy movie all right... so many cringe-worthy scenes and that awful ''team-up'' moment between the villians. But it's just so much damn fun and the positives outweigh the negatives for me.

Plus... I actually really liked Kirsten in the movie as well.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 04-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #800
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
People are still hoping for a 3.1? Lol.

There's a better chance that Christopher Nolan gives us an extended cut of TDKR.
I'd wish for at least a new special edition with deleted scenes,but I've heard that Raimi doesn't like releasing those. I have no idea why though.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Closed Thread