Old 04-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #301
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
Looks like Dane will be filming today.

http://instagram.com/p/YVEMTESjEB/
Super cool. Ravencroft stuff excites me. You think he's shooting AT the Ravencroft set?? If so, what's he doing at Ravencroft...

Old 04-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #302
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Maybe there's a scene where Peter doesn't have time to put on his shoes after being in his costume. That's the most obvious right? Lol

Old 04-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #303
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
Super cool. Ravencroft stuff excites me. You think he's shooting AT the Ravencroft set?? If so, what's he doing at Ravencroft...
I think so. I don't know why his chair would be there if he wasn't. Though it could be a possibility that the outside doubles for Ravencroft and the inside doubles for college scenes.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #304
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
"@MarcW: Day 51. No time for a change."
Wait till WesMan sees this.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #305
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
This.

Sigh..... I read over what you guys were saying about the electric blue look being "generic", but just because its a "generic" look, doesn't mean its bad. It's a good, even great, look, which is why there's a good amount of characters with variations on the look and different ways of executing it, and honestly, that's the most important thing. Execution. This look can be executed in a way where it does come off as just being a stereotypical "electric/icy" blue villain/hero and yeah, it can feel very generic. However, I don't see this as a problem for ASM2.

Webb has executed the "icy electric blue" Electro look in a way that, IMO, makes it fresh and visually interesting, even with the lack of finished fx.

I understand where you guys are coming from when you said they could have made him a regular looking guy like the 616 comics and just have revised the classic suit, and you are right. However, due to the version of Electro they appear to be drawing from (The Spectacular Spider-Man's Electro), they look they've gone for is the best.

Could they have done it in a different color or executed somewhat differently? Yeah, but I have faith it will still look great regardless if they decided to use the green and yellow costume and whether they made him look like a regular guy, scarred, electric blue, or any other color you can think of.

They've already shown there willingness to draw from multiple iterations of these characters. Whether or not they choose the version we prefer is neither here or there, all we, as fans, can do is sit back and hope that whatever version they choose to adapt looks great and works well in the final product.
...... Because "generic" is far from great.... It can be "decent" but great.... No.

Spectacular spider-man's electro was yellow..... And wore a containment suit.... His entire body was made up of electricity and the suit is what held him together (much like the ghost dude from hellboy 2) this isn't that electro...

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #306
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Looks like Dane will be filming today.

That's the Ravencroft set right? The only reason I could imagine Harry going to Ravencroft would be to see Norman. Maybe Norman is being held at Ravencroft?

I still don't understand what role Ravencroft has in this. Or how it connects to Oscorp.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #307
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
How can the electric blue look generic when he has vains coming out of his face and it will obviously be glowing and exuding electricity in post?
Um because that's not really a trait that makes it "enough" different.... He still looks like a zombie Dr. Manhattan

[=]
Old 04-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #308
Spideyman123
Side-Kick

Maybe Taking a tour

Old 04-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #309
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Um because that's not really a trait that makes it "enough" different.... He still looks like a zombie Dr. Manhattan
So? What's wrong with that exactly? It most certainly does not look generic considering there aren't a lot of movies with blue electric zombie men wearing leather in them. :/

Old 04-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #310
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Or maybe harry has been held there for therapy? The film summary did say "an old friend returns" where was harry?

Old 04-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #311
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

The Lizard looked generic.
Electro (so far) looks generic.

I don't even see how they can make Rhino look generic... hopefully his design will not be underwhelming.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #312
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
So? What's wrong with that exactly? It most certainly does not look generic considering there aren't a lot of movies with blue electric zombie men wearing leather in them. :/
Because when has an iconic movie character ever been a generic look that's been done over and over again??? Even Dr. Manhattan didn't even garish that status. People want to see in a block buster summer film something they've never seen before. Not something they feel they've seen over and over again which i feel they are with this look. Good for you if you are easily pleased. But from a creative standpoint this is far from it.

[=]
Old 04-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #313
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
...... Because "generic" is far from great.... It can be "decent" but great.... No.

Spectacular spider-man's electro was yellow..... And wore a containment suit.... His entire body was made up of electricity and the suit is what held him together (much like the ghost dude from hellboy 2) this isn't that electro...

Old 04-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #314
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post

I don't even see how they can make Rhino look generic... hopefully his design will not be underwhelming.
Yeah lizard was kind of generic. Maybe the lab coat staying on more would have helped with that. Not sure a snout would have....

And yeah at least rhino HAS to look original if there's anything rhino about him at all lol

[=]
Old 04-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #315
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Spideyboy, if it were up to you, how would you have designed Electro?

Old 04-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #316
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post

You guys are abusing the use of the word generic. If you're going to use a specific word or talking point to describe your dislike for some reason then find a more appropriate one. You sound like asses right now.

I'm pretty sure no matter how Rhino comes out looking you're going to call it generic because it looks like a Rhino.

Quote:
Because when has an iconic movie character ever been a generic look that's been done over and over again??? Even Dr. Manhattan didn't even garish that status. People want to see in a block buster summer film something they've never seen before. Not something they feel they've seen over and over again which i feel they are with this look. Good for you if you are easily pleased. But from a creative standpoint this is far from it.
Except no one has ever seen an electric blue zombie man wearing leather on screen before. :/

How about you wait until we see the actual final design in post before talking about how "generic" it looks, because right now not only do you sound ridiculous but also like you're abusing the word generic to describe your dislike with the design.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #317
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Good question.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #318
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Yeah lizard was kind of generic. Maybe the lab coat staying on more would have helped with that. Not sure a snout would have....

And yeah at least rhino HAS to look original if there's anything rhino about him at all lol
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #319
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

Quote:
This is all subjective to your own personal opinion. I think yellow with the green eyes pops far better because 1) I've never seen a character on screen like it 2) i instantly think electricity, 3) and its a great homage to his comic routes and over all most iconic look
When I see yellow with green I think of corn and peas, definitely not electricity.

I actually think of electricity more when I see purple than yellow.

Also, I just have to say in response to the 'jokes' argument..

Both the Smurf and Simpsons jokes are pretty generic. You should get better jokes, none of them are funny, and will never be great. (Also, this has slight sarcasm)

things that are generic now were once original and deemed a great idea worthy of copying

Also, to be honest, I haven't seen many fully blue characters on screen. I haven't seen Dr. Manhattan since I haven't watched Watchmen, and I haven't even seen Mr. Freeze on screen since I haven't seen the old Batman movies. I don't really see Electro's design and think "generic," I think "scary blue alien monster in hobo clothes."

Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics

Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.

Last edited by Jexx; 04-20-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #320
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Id have kept his skin tone natural, given his outfit as some form of high tech electric proof suit , or an experimental one that allows the user to control or manipulate electricity (id imagine him as some form of oscorp electrician) it'd be black, but have a similar cut to his classic costume. Id also give the black a very subtle green irridecents. Noticeable when it needs to be but far from making him look like a green suit.

After he becomes electro id have his electricity be shown to light up underneath his skin fluctuating... Also in a way that follows the "lightening" patterns on his classic costume. His hands glow when throwing bolts, stripes of electricity travel up his arms, down his chest (like 616) and this would show through the special suit. (maybe like a torn suit with moving lights?) id be fine if he was shirtless too though id have to see both looks and decide then.

If the suit was full on green and yellow id be fine with blue electricity but since my design is not, id make it white with a very subtle yellow tint which would light up his suit very nicely without altering the color of what the light reflects off of (blue light will add a blue tint to everything, yellow won't really do that yellow typically behaves as a white light.)

And finally id have some of the electric blasts from his face at times blast in a similar shape to his 616 look. Nothing drastic just very subtle nods

Id keep the electricity yellow but would be ok with him turning blue only if it was during the final boss fight where he gained enough of a charge (like if he drained the city of power) but only then. A color change would be a good way to show the intincity of his power increase

So something like that if that makes sense.

[=]
Old 04-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #321
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
You guys are abusing the use of the word generic. If you're going to use a specific word or talking point to describe your dislike for some reason then find a more appropriate one. You sound like asses right now.

I'm pretty sure no matter how Rhino comes out looking you're going to call it generic because it looks like a Rhino.

Except no one has ever seen an electric blue zombie man wearing leather on screen before. :/

How about you wait until we see the actual final design in post before talking about how "generic" it looks, because right now not only do you sound ridiculous but also like you're abusing the word generic to describe your dislike with the design.
... I think you don't comprehend what we are saying very well and you're getting angry over it lol.

Generic means "run of the mill" you're picking apart his over all look to say "its not generic because "this detail" and "this detail" hasnt been done with "this detail" before" that doesn't stop him from still looking generic.... He's still a glowing blue dude, still yet another blue movie character, still an over-all look we've been shown over and over again. (that's what makes it generic) veins and leather don't change his over-all look

A giant rhino be it man, mutant, or machine has never been done before so by default not generic... The only way he'd be generic is if he were a mob boss named rhino .... And that was the extent of it.

[=]
Old 04-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #322
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Okay. It sounds like you wanted something not as "far out" as what they went with, which is perfectly fine. I disagree with you calling him "generic" looking (I don't think he looks generic in the slightest), but wanting something that has nods to the original suit is understandable. Personally, I really think Electro will look even better with post-production enhancements, and will really grip people visually if the final product lives up to its potential.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #323
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

can't please everyone, no matter what he looked like some were not gonna like it

we pretty much have the blue glow version of electro

wait till we see a picture of rhino... he will either be animal gene spliced like in the video game or a robotic suit that probably won't look how some wanted it too

Old 04-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #324
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

Looks like Dan is filming today!

But at Ravencroft? For what exactly? Therapy? Hmmm...

Here's the link if you can't see the pic.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #325
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
When I see yellow with green I think of corn and peas, definitely not electricity.

I actually think of electricity more when I see purple than yellow.

Also, I just have to say in response to the 'jokes' argument..

Both the Smurf and Simpsons jokes are pretty generic. You should get better jokes, none of them are funny, and will never be great. (Also, this has slight sarcasm)

things that are generic now were once original and deemed a great idea worthy of copying

Also, to be honest, I haven't seen many fully blue characters on screen. I haven't seen Dr. Manhattan since I haven't watched Watchmen, and I haven't even seen Mr. Freeze on screen since I haven't seen the old Batman movies. I don't really see Electro's design and think "generic," I think "scary blue alien monster in hobo clothes."
Well design wise any color scheme that gives off energy is a good way to depict an electric personality. Purple doesnt scream electricity to me... But that color combo does give off an energy to it.

And yeah the smurf joke isnt a good joke but its a common understood reference to someone being blue that everyone understands and its usually everyones go to no matter how played out

And just because you dont watch alot of movies doesnt mean you can expect the same response from the rest of the general public or critics

[=]
Closed Thread