The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 04-19-2013, 03:33 AM   #151
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Default Re: What was your favorite moment in the trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
The best part of the trailer was the pacing.

It started with a sense of helplessnes with Jor-El watching the war, unable to do anything to stop it.

Then a small glimmer of hope with Kal-El being sent away.

Then we get some uncertainty as we watch Clark grow up and learn the truth of his origins.

Then reluctance as he travels the world.

Then acceptance as he dons the suit and flies off

Lots of action and danger and Zod!

Then it ends with a message of Hope in contrast to the helplessness of the opening scene. We learn that there is hope since Superman literaly wears hope as a badge accross his chest.
I agree.

This thread is a toughy.

The best part of the trailer is the pacing. the music mixed with the dialogue cues.

Finding a specific moment doesn't seem to do the trailer justice

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #152
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Something else I'm loving even more every time I watch it that moment when Superman is fighting against the gravity beam and the drums really hit hard. Its just amazing, the score sounds better everytime I hear it.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #153
Crazymaverick
Obsessed with the \S/

ditto for me

Old 04-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #154
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
The best part of the trailer was the pacing.

It started with a sense of helplessnes with Jor-El watching the war, unable to do anything to stop it.

Then a small glimmer of hope with Kal-El being sent away.

Then we get some uncertainty as we watch Clark grow up and learn the truth of his origins.

Then reluctance as he travels the world.

Then acceptance as he dons the suit and flies off

Lots of action and danger and Zod!

Then it ends with a message of Hope in contrast to the helplessness of the opening scene. We learn that there is hope since Superman literaly wears hope as a badge accross his chest.
I absolutely agree. The pacing for the trailer was fantastic.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #155
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Something else I'm loving even more every time I watch it that moment when Superman is fighting against the gravity beam and the drums really hit hard. Its just amazing, the score sounds better everytime I hear it.
That moment gets me excited as hell. I can just tell, this is going to be such an event watching in a huge movie theater room.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #156
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Yeah I noticed how hard they go there, loved it, and works nicely in time with him fighting against the beam, and I hope it goes with something suitably epic in the film.

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #157
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Yeah I noticed how hard they go there, loved it, and works nicely in time with him fighting against the beam, and I hope it goes with something suitably epic in the film.
Me too, makes me wanna do air drums with my hands

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #158
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Yeah it's exceptional, cannot wait to see this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Me too, makes me wanna do air drums with my hands
Ha ha like In the Air Tonight?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #159
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
"Excuse me" is up there. Just because, even though it's such a small moment, it's so much Superman his humility and friendly charm. And Cavill nails it! I'm so glad he seems to be so capable of transfering his natural charm to his acting.
Which Chris Reeve also says in STM to the "Say Jim, that's a bad outfit" pimp

Stephen K. Hone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #160
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

What I like about it is that Snyder doesn't abuse new footage just because it was the newest trailer. He is servile to a structure and wisely regurgitates old footage to serve it. At one point the trailer has you believing if we will see any new footage at all, and right there and then Snyder opens the floodgates to awesomeness. But not too much! He lets out delicious sprinkles when others would let loose the ocean. The best trailer are the ones that tantalize as it teases, and not be the main event.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #161
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
What I like about it is that Snyder doesn't abuse new footage just because it was the newest trailer. He is servile to a structure and wisely regurgitates old footage to serve it. At one point the trailer has you believing if we will see any new footage at all, and right there and then Snyder opens the floodgates to awesomeness. But not too much! He lets out delicious sprinkles when others would let loose the ocean. The best trailer are the ones that tantalize as it teases, and not be the main event.

IA.

Although I gotta say that I already hate that woman who says "my son was in the bus..." . She's been in every trailer.

I just wanna scream STFU and be greateful, lady!

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #162
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
I agree. I'm listening to the SFX clean trailer music over and over, and when you get a feel of the structure and tone, it's simply fantastic. Hans has done it again. It's hope and heroism all over.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #163
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

My sister says that the trailer makes her feel hopeful and I agree.

I don't get anyone thinking this movie looks like TDK films.

I mean those films had hopeful messages but there was a lot of bleakness mixed in with those messages.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #164
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Excellent post! Most fans have probably seen more than enough at this point, but has the GA? I hope so, because they need to get the average punter to go and see it in droves, and that might require Snyder/Nolan to reveal a little more prior to MOS's release simply to show how different this is going to be from SR.

It's one of the best trailers that I have seen, and if I had to pick my favorite thing in the trailer, (there is just so much great stuff to choose from) then it's got to be Zimmer's music. If HZ had gotten the music wrong, or it was simply lacklustre like most of the Marvel films, (which I love btw)then I don't think M.O.S. no matter how good it is would be truly satisfying.

Stephen K. Hone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #165
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

My favorite moment was Superman's shy grin in the interrogation scene. You can sense so much about his personality and chemistry with Lois in it. I've already fangirled over that scene in a couple of my posts.

On a side note, is anyone else annoyed that we still haven't seen a high quality version of Superman reaching out of a pile of skulls? I've been so looking forward to seeing that scene clearly!

Old 04-20-2013, 03:29 AM   #166
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
My favorite moment was Superman's shy grin in the interrogation scene. You can sense so much about his personality and chemistry with Lois in it
This.

Also when Jor-El says He will be a God to them, and when Supes emerges from the Fortress.
The trailer was really well put together.

Kryptonian Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:09 AM   #167
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Ha ha like In the Air Tonight?
YES! Exactly like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
My sister says that the trailer makes her feel hopeful and I agree.

I don't get anyone thinking this movie looks like TDK films.

I mean those films had hopeful messages but there was a lot of bleakness mixed in with those messages.
Agreed.

And there are a whole lot of things that Batman did in those films that Superman would never do in a million years.

For instance, the end of TDK. Superman would never think the solution to the problem was to make up a lie and take the heat for another man's crimes in order to try and trick people into continuing to believe in their 'white knight'.

He'd face the truth, face the consequences of it, and dedicate all his effort to trying to prove that just because Harvey Dent was corruptible, doesn't mean there is no hope.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #168
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
YES! Exactly like that

Agreed.

And there are a whole lot of things that Batman did in those films that Superman would never do in a million years.

For instance, the end of TDK. Superman would never think the solution to the problem was to make up a lie and take the heat for another man's crimes in order to try and trick people into continuing to believe in their 'white knight'.

He'd face the truth, face the consequences of it, and dedicate all his effort to trying to prove that just because Harvey Dent was corruptible, doesn't mean there is no hope.
Very interesting. I have to agree Supes would probably handle things differently. We haven't seen MOS yet but once we do there will surely be many parallels between DC's two biggest heroes. Look forward to the contrasts and comparisons because at the end of the day, they are two different heroes with two very different ideologies who both make a difference in different ways. Imo their thought processes and decisions should be different.

TDK elbowstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #169
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Crowe's delivery of "How? He'll be a god to them" coupled with the fantastic imagery of the spaceship being shot through space and with Zimmer's clumsy playing of that beautiful piano melody.

My favorite moment right now. It changes all the time.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #170
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

^^that's also my favorite.

I think that beautiful and emotional piano music is just a snippet of the full score they will use in that scene, not the beginning of the new Superman theme. I hope it's in the soundtrack!

Last edited by snpklsdmbldr; 04-20-2013 at 01:12 PM.
snpklsdmbldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #171
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Yeah, everything we've seen of Krypton has been great so far.

Kal-El's spaceship preparing for takeoff was soooooo awesome!

TDK elbowstrike is offline   Reply With Quote