The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 04-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #476
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Lizard - How does he compare with Spidey's other onscreen adversaries?

Going by appearances, how is Lizard 1 and Sandman 4 when Sandman looks EXACTLY like the comics?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #477
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Lizard - How does he compare with Spidey's other onscreen adversaries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
ahhh, that sounds so silly I can't stand it
So silly it could've worked in TAS-M, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #478
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Going by appearances, how is Lizard 1 and Sandman 4 when Sandman looks EXACTLY like the comics?
I liked the look of Sandman a lot in SM3, but I'm rating how much I like the overall look of the villains from the films and since it has to be placed in order, the points are 1 and 4. If the rating system were letter grades or 1-10, then they'd be much closer, probably almost the same grade tbh.

grieven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #479
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Not as good as Dr Ock but not as bad as Venom, somewhere in the middle. Bad cgi did not help.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:10 AM   #480
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Not as good as Dr Ock but not as bad as Venom, somewhere in the middle. Bad cgi did not help.
I disagree the CGI was good. I think it's just that a giant Lizard is not believable.
I thought his scales were very real looking.
How I would rank the villains
Good/Great
Doc Ock
The OK
Green Goblin and Lizard
Mediocre
New Goblin
Bad
Sandman and Venom

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:50 AM   #481
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

New Goblin and Venom are the best Spidey foes on film
Lizard is the New World Order kind of villains, these are the scariest

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #482
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
If you're talking about the sandman then you must have been on something because the CGi on him was as good as you could get and looked really good

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #483
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
If you're talking about the sandman then you must have been on something because the CGi on him was as good as you could get and looked really good
I agree Sandman was pretty good in terms of CGI.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #484
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
The time difference between BF and the one before is 2 months
I doubt his was a reply to the post about Sandman, and believe it's on Lizard

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #485
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I thought Lizard had good CGI. You can only make a giant man-Lizard look so good on the big screen.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #486
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I LOVED the Lizard. Best and most formidable villain of 2012s CBMS imo.

People have critisezed the design for not being dinoasaur like.

It's a Lizard-man, he's got to go back and forth between the two species, going full reptile would be more unbelievable than becoming a mix of the two. He doesn't go too far dino-like that way they can show emotion and intelligence in his face, he wore the coat for some fanservice and his plan was straight out of the comics. It progressed from wanting to cure others to evolving them to be better lifeforms, only problem was he didn't ask if they wanted to be evolved.

Overall i'd go...

Doc Ock
Green Goblin
Lizard
Sandman
New Goblin
Venom

Though i think The Lizard was the deadliest foe Spidey has faced on film.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #487
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i liked the lizards look, he was indeed Suppost to be a lizard man and not just a giant lizard

Old 09-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #488
cloverfan98
Side-Kick

I thought the look and the CGI was great. On technical terms I have no problems with him. However I really don't think he's as good as the Rami villains. I loved how Rami would find some way to have the villains have an impact on Peter's life and his life as Spider Man. I really wanted an emotional connection to Dr. Conner's and I wanted Peter to also have that connection to him. I never felt that. There needed to be more scenes of Peter bounding with Connors I mean Connors was close friend of Peter's dad why didn't we get scenes where the two talk about Peter's dad? Why was one of the best aspects of Connor's character, his son, cut from the film? I love the Lizard but I though he was a very weak villain in TASM.

cloverfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote