The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #476
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I am more of a fan of the comics than the cartoons
That's all well and good but all the turtles wearing red wouldn't work unless there were physical differences between the turtles. You can't have them all look the same on TV and movies.

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #477
roach
I am the night

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
That's all well and good but all the turtles wearing red wouldn't work unless there were physical differences between the turtles. You can't have them all look the same on TV and movies.
voices and weaponry

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #478
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
voices and weaponry
That could work. They would all need very distinct voices though.

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #479
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Quote:
voices and weaponry
I agree. Body shapes and athletic abilities plus voices and weaponry will do the trick just fine. Plus it's all in the eyes. I think that's a big deal. Shape and color.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 04-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #480
Marvin
Side-Kick

If "Bay" made that call, fans would possibly riot. It's not always a matter of sense but rather of sticking to what came before...that is of course until the film wins people over than it's the new norm. This happened with the original I suppose.
And will almost every superhero costume reveal.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #481
Marvin
Side-Kick

I just sat down with this movie the other day...This scene in particular.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Gotta admit it brings back some fond memories.
Still say there's little else place to go but up.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #482
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
If "Bay" made that call, fans would possibly riot. It's not always a matter of sense but rather of sticking to what came before...that is of course until the film wins people over than it's the new norm. This happened with the original I suppose.
And will almost every superhero costume reveal.
When has "the Bay" ever sticked with what came before?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #483
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
When has "the Bay" ever sticked with what came before?
Here and there.
However this isn't bay...or Spielberg.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #484
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I still love this and kinda disappointed it never got a sequel...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #485
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I still love this and kinda disappointed it never got a sequel...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Well it cost 34m to make and only took in 95m.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #486
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Well it cost 34m to make and only took in 95m.
I remember Harvey Weinstein liking the opening enough to want a sequel. But, Imagi also closed down anyway.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #487
sweetre15
Positive Page

Some things I find Interesting about the New Ninja Turtles film:

1. Apparently Evan Daughterty was hired to rewrite Applebaum and Nemec's script:
http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/teen...o-june-6-2014/

2. The actor for Raphael is trying to say that the stuff we read on the internet about their TMNT take is "Not True": http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-ninja-turtles

3. Apparently is reverting to be named Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...nd-world-war-z

So either one of two things are happening:

- Bay's trolling everyone in an attempt of damage control so people will go see the film

OR

- The script has been rewritten to be more "TMNT appropriate".

Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #488
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

It's probably, and most likely is, re-written, like what Bay and Eastman. I trust what Alan says.

AND I KNEW IT WOULD BE CALLED TMNT AFTER RE-WRITES!

We just got to wait for a trailer or set pics now before we judge. We don't know anything about this film...yet.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #489
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post

1. Apparently Evan Daughterty was hired to rewrite Applebaum and Nemec's script:

2. The actor for Raphael is trying to say that the stuff we read on the internet about their TMNT take is "Not True": http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-ninja-turtles

3. Apparently is reverting to be named Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...nd-world-war-z

- Bay's trolling everyone in an attempt of damage control so people will go see the film

OR

Definitely the latter. The only things they could have saved from that script from the original script is the Turtle's fighting style and April being a reporter. That's exactly it. nothing else.

Every thing else was horrible.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 04-19-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #490
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Hopefully all the alien nonsense and TF/Twilight feel is thrown out. Though I still feel that even if everything else is done right, April is a write off with Megan Fox in the role. I really doubt anyone brings her on a project for her to do something worthwhile and not just be eye candy.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #491
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post

OR

That Evan Daugherty scoop went under the radar didn't it? It could be script doctoring or polishing.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #492
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

just saw on Wikipedia that "someone" reported that Shredder will be played Tom Welling and they credited Conan as a source lol

Old 04-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #493
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
That Evan Daugherty scoop went under the radar didn't it? It could be script doctoring or polishing.
Don't matter what it is....If it means that

1. the turtles will have more focus in the narrative and less corny jokes referencing Kung Fu Panda, Reservoir Dogs and a WB frog

2. Splinter doesn't get his ass kicked

3. Colonel Schrader is reverted back to ninja Shredder and his foot clan instead of alien military.

4. The whole "Chosen warriors of a deceased race"

5. Casey no longer being Sam Witwicky 2.0 and back to his vigilante ways

Is all remedied then I'm fine with whatever they want to label Evan's work as.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #494
Octoberist
point blank

A little snarky in your retort despite me you and I being on the same page.

BTW are they still filming?

Old 04-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #495
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:

Yes but trust me, the "snark" wasn't directed at you but more at the situation in general.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #496
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Bays talks about the film...

http://collider.com/michael-bay-pain...mnt-interview/

He said the CGI look very real, very cool. The maquettes are amazing. Comments on how people keep saying it's his movie, but he's just producing. As a producer, he's in the right places and the director makes the movie.

"

Old 04-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #497
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Bays talks about the film...

http://collider.com/michael-bay-pain...mnt-interview/

He said the CGI look very real, very cool. The maquettes are amazing. Comments on how people keep saying it's his movie, but he's just producing. As a producer, he's in the right places and the director makes the movie.
HA! If by "In the right places", he means making sure his formula is ingrained in the movie then he's telling the truth. Whether he wants to admit it or not, he's likely enforcing his Transformers blueprint on this film. As evidenced by the leaked script that's been rewritten.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #498
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:

I think the last word was that they hit a snag with pre-production but they started filming on Jones Beach, Long Island NY. Not sure what the beach has to do with the turtles.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:38 AM   #499
dark_b
Side-Kick

i am expecting a bad story. but you have to admit that the CGI will look good. this will be an expensive movie. imagine a Fox production with a 80 million budget where they force the CGI turtles without any prosthetics.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #500
sweetre15
Positive Page

LMFAO, I love the damage control here: http://news.moviefone.com/2013/04/26...n_3163480.html

You have “Transformers 4” coming up along with the new “Ninja Turtles” movie. What is your approach to taking on established properties? Is it seeing the fandom and trying to work from that? Or do you build it from scratch?

There was that quote saying that we’re making [the Ninja Turtles as] aliens. We’re not. It’s the ooze! It’s from the original source material. These are from the original writers, and I never went out to correct myself in the press. I do listen to the fans and I do want this to be authentic. I think they’re going to be really happy with this movie. When I see the digital stuff, the turtles look great. But I’m getting away from your question. Your question was...

Closed Thread