The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Old 04-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #176
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Default Re: "The Spectacular Spider-Man" Appreciation Thread (possible spoilers)

Have spent some time lately watching episodes of this show and wow! Easily the best treatment Spidey has ever had! It's up there with BTAS imo!

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #177
Mrpaul
Spider-Sting

Default Re: "The Spectacular Spider-Man" Appreciation Thread (possible spoilers)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Another one of Josh's Memes. Enjoy

Last edited by Mrpaul; 06-25-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Mrpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #178
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FVYDW2toVo

This alone is the reason why Spectacular Spiderman is the best animated Spiderman and of the best animated superhero show ever.

TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:37 PM   #179
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SpWAnBjdNg

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:46 AM   #180
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Spidey quips
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #181
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Have spent some time lately watching episodes of this show and wow! Easily the best treatment Spidey has ever had! It's up there with BTAS imo!
I totally agree. As if my avatar and signature didn't already give that away. lol.

I watch episodes all the time and finished another marathon a couple of weeks ago. It is without a doubt the best Spider-man anything outside of the comic books.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #182
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I always tell people who have never read the comic books to watch TSSM. This show manages to capture the essence of the Ditko era so well while grabbing the best elements from the movies, other animated series, and later eras of Spider-Man comics.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #183
zeptron
Side-Kick

I think it's a shame how people dismiss this show and call it bad simply because of the art style. It's usually hardcore and militant fans of Spider-man TAS whom were apparently spoiled by that show's more realistic drawings. To determine a show's quality purely by it's art is pretty much the equivalent of saying a bad game with good graphics is better than a good game with bad/sub-par graphics. A show with great visuals can still suck if the writing, stories, characters and other aspects are bad.

I mean look at this fight sequence

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This is why the designs are so simple. The animation is fast and fluid and the way the black suit takes out the Sinister Six is brilliant. Especially what he did to Sandman. The art style of TAS wouldn't be able to have action sequences like this.

This reminds me of when people were bashing a certain video game because it had simple visuals and looked "too childish" and then when they played it it was badass. That game would be The Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:36 PM   #184
Airnick
RTTS

Not gonna lie, I was one that was turned off by the art style. But when I actually decided to watch it I Ended up loving it. It's a great show and my favorite spidey show now, followed by TAS.

Leader of the SHH20
Airnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #185
Picard Sisko

I actually came to appreciate the art style. But I'll admit, I was also one of those people who dismissed it just for the design of the characters. It was also at a time when I wasn't over SM3 just yet and sort of pushed anything Spidey related away.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #186
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

Hey man, everytime I hear people diss Spectacular Spiderman's art style, I take offense >:c

Old 01-24-2014, 03:24 PM   #187
Spooderman
Side-Kick

I think Spectacular has the best character designs. Peter actually looks like a teenage nerd.

Spooderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #188
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Funny how this show seemed to predict upcoming Batman events in the same year.

In Season 1 (2008), we got that episode in the spring where GG attacks a fancy party with his pumpkin-mask henchmen. Then in the summer, TDK comes out and there is a very similar scene with the Joker.

In Season 2 (2009), we got that episode (still in the spring) where GG traps Spider-Man in The Vault and releases some of his rogues gallery on him. Then a couple of months later, Arkham Asylum came out. On top of that, both explored their protagonist's respective origin story to a certain degree.

I am not saying TDK/AA ripped off this show. It is impossible since they were both finished before these episodes even came out. But I do think it is a really cool coincidence.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 01-24-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:55 AM   #189
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBlade View Post
Hey man, everytime I hear people diss Spectacular Spiderman's art style, I take offense >:c
I only dissed it when the show first came out. Right now I think the art style is… SPECTACULAR. I seriously love it. A LOT.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #190
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

The art style of Spectacular was part of the reason I liked this show best (aside from obviously the stories and characters). Spectacular had an interesting style all its own. The 90's show art style is sort of bland in comparison. Pete was a bit too buff. The animation was also a bit stiff. The animation was so much more fluid in Spectacular.

I never got the complaints of Spectacular's stylized look. Batman: The Animated Series had Timm's stylized look and everyone seems to love it.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #191
Airnick
RTTS

I think I didn't like spectacular spider-man's art style because I was so used to spider-man tas, so spectacular just looked kinda funky to me. But I do like the art style now.

Leader of the SHH20
Airnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:22 PM   #192
Spooderman
Side-Kick

I hated Peter's design in TAS, he looked like a friggin bodybuilder instead of a geek who would be picked on by Flash Thompson.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #193
zeptron
Side-Kick

Yeah in TAS, Peter was shown to be pretty muscular in flashbacks before he even got bitten. When I look at him in that cartoon, I have a hard time believing a guy his size was pushed around by Flash Thompson.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #194
Picard Sisko

I think the Peter Parker from TAS very well resembles the character from the comic books long after he became Spider-Man and finished high school.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #195
Sarcastic Fan
Side-Kick

Enjoying the HD streams of the show? With The Amazing Spider-Man 2 coming out this year, now is a great time to once again tell Sony that we want to see TSSM on Blu-ray! Use the contact information below and let them know that you want to see “The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series” on Blu-ray. And maybe ask them to get the show on Netflix while you’re at it!

Toll-Free: 1-800-860-2878
In California: 310-244-4000

Or write:
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232

Sarcastic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #196
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

If you hate the intro to the Spectacular Spiderman, I will hate you forever....

Old 02-13-2014, 10:40 PM   #197
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Fan View Post
Enjoying the HD streams of the show? With The Amazing Spider-Man 2 coming out this year, now is a great time to once again tell Sony that we want to see TSSM on Blu-ray! Use the contact information below and let them know that you want to see “The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series” on Blu-ray. And maybe ask them to get the show on Netflix while you’re at it!

Toll-Free: 1-800-860-2878
In California: 310-244-4000

Or write:
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Are you being sarcastic? :P

In all seriousness I would love to have TSSM on blu-ray.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #198
Spooderman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBlade View Post
If you hate the intro to the Spectacular Spiderman, I will hate you forever....
I don't love it, but I think it's the best Spider-Man opening theme so far.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #199
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
In all seriousness I would love to have TSSM on blu-ray.
Like many, I already own the series on DVD but I would gladly pay again to own them on Blu Ray.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:46 PM   #200
spiderman2
Side-Kick

the spectacular spiderman is my second favorite spiderman cartoon. My favorite is still the 90's one but spectacular spiderman is great to and I hate that it ended on a clithhanger and that now the new ultimate spiderman that is 1000 times worse has already gotten more episodes and josh keton has spiderman is my favorite voice actor.

spiderman2 is online now   Reply With Quote