The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #926
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Sounds like the former.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #927
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing guy View Post

l love this costume it's such a great costume.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Yeah, I think its the best live action superhero costume.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
100% percent Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snpklsdmbldr View Post
it just looks Majestic!
Absoluely agree with all. It's gorgeous! I still can't believe this is actually real. (Not just the suit... but the whole thing!)

I really don't want them to change it if there's a sequal. If anything I would like a more saturated blue and red.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 04-21-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #928
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
So did Shannon get in Cavill type shape or just borrow his mold for his Zod costume?
No, he didn't get in Cavill type shape and no, he didn't just borrow mold. He did however got into a decent shape.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #929
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
No, he didn't get in Cavill type shape and no, he didn't just borrow mold. He did however got into a decent shape.
I think you missed the " " in the post...

Old 04-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #930
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
I think you missed the " " in the post...
Sorry.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #931
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I like how he talks about karate chops. Maybe that means we'll be seeing a few traditional fight scenes?

Old 04-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #932
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I never had an attachment to the trunks (wow that sounds weird) so for me this is the definitive live action version of the costume.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #933
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by norek View Post
sorry.
np

Old 04-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #934
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I like how he talks about karate chops. Maybe that means we'll be seeing a few traditional fight scenes?
I believe so. We know there's gonna be a fight between Zod and Jor-El at some point, we know Shannon and Crowe trained for it for a while, and I doubt there'll be any superpowers involved. So yes, most likely a traditional fight scene.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #935
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...222100414.html

Worst headline of all time, LOL.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #936
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Get your grains of salt ready, as the guys over at Cine 1 have released a supposedly "new" banner for the film. Yeah, I'm pretty certain this is fake.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #937
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Fake or not, it's not bad honestly.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #938
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

In the UK you can book tickets from tomorrow for the Odeon in London for the release date. Not sure if there's any advance screenings or not.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #939
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Default Guess how you think Nolan/Goyer will pull of the secret identity thing.

Ok in this thread we try and guess the method in which they have people not being able to tell Clark and Superman are the same people. Remember the script is Nolan approved so something like that most have been addressed. And we know this from the comic con footage. So guys drop your theories in here on how you think they have done it.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #940
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

The "printed in USA" label at the bottom left and right corners give it some possible legitimacy... But after seeing an updated version of that image in EW, I don't know why WB would release the old version that leaked online... so yeah probably fake.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #941
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Dont get why my thread was moved here, half the time I ask a question I am ignored and have to ask it multiple times before I even get one response.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #942
Notrip
SuperDaD

so Man of Steel possible last trailer - 16.4 million after almost 5 days
Iron Man 3 last trailer - 13 million after one month

doesn't mean anything, but it is interesting to look at Man of Steel having that much more since IM3 first trailer was 50 million compared to 30 for Man of Steel.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #943
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Dont get why my thread was moved here, half the time I ask a question I am ignored and have to ask it multiple times before I even get one response.
You shouldn't take it personal. I mean, everything can fit into most categories here. Cavill, photo, open discussion, manips, etc... If it falls into any of those categories they will merge or close thread.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #944
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
I never had an attachment to the trunks (wow that sounds weird) so for me this is the definitive live action version of the costume.
Same.

And I'm not anti trunks, I'm one of the few who doesn't think the Superman Returns costume looked "OMG awful!" It wasn't perfect but I thought it looked fine. I just thought for the reboot it was time for a drastic costume change and since the trunks never looked amazing in live action to me, I thought the costume would look better, more badass without them.

And IMHO I finally have proof that the costume looks more serious in live action without them.

I'm A-okay with the trunks staying on the character in the comics and cartoons though.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #945
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/04/2...-henry-cavill/

Cavill read the following books for inspiration:

The Death of Superman (1992)
The Return of Superman (1993)
Superman: Red Son (2003)
Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite (2008)

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 04-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #946
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite (2008)
Has anyone read this? I remember ordering it then Amazon had no stock left

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #947
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I've only read the death of Superman and Red Son out of that list. I've also read Superman for All Seasons and Birthright.

I like comicbook movies but I'm not a big comicbook reader at all. The last thing I read was some Green Lantern run a few years ago that someone on the now defunct GL boards recommended.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 04-21-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #948
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post

Do you think that's gonna be a button for his cape or something? It just seems to randomly be there. I suppose it could link onto the armour.
I don't think Superman will find it useful, but I bet it had some kind of function on Krypton.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #949
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXcalibur View Post
i love the trailer, but wish they would have got his hair right for once on film! also he looks a bit too pale, the color of the costume looks better bright too.
Someone had mentioned his hair is reminiscent of George Reeves. Don't know if that was the intention.

I'm guessing they couldn't come up with plausible way for his hair to automatically land properly into an S curl in the front.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #950
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Guess how you think Nolan/Goyer will pull of the secret identity thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Ok in this thread we try and guess the method in which they have people not being able to tell Clark and Superman are the same people. Remember the script is Nolan approved so something like that most have been addressed. And we know this from the comic con footage. So guys drop your theories in here on how you think they have done it.
I don't think they'll address the dual identity. Mild-mannered Clark Kent may not even show up until the end. I also think the last shot we'll see is the first shirt rip.