The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
Jim-El
"My Son"

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

How many are willing to embargo TV Spots? I am considering it!

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #27
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
It's very exciting to me now that we've seen more action shots how much of the actual action that will be unknown to us until we actually see the film in theaters.
We've seen about 30 seconds of action shots. Okay, maybe 40.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #28
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I will be staying away from any further spoilerish tv spots that may be released. The only other thing I would watch is another trailer but that's not going to happen.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 04-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #29
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
We've seen about 30 seconds of action shots. Okay, maybe 40.
Exactly my point, just enough to give us a little taste and have us hungry for the whole meal.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #30
TheBourneSuper
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Yeah I played through the campaign over the weekend, it was pretty damn good, dare i say the best pure beat em up storyline ever? (not that it's saying much)
Most definitely. And seeing all the cut scenes together like that, it's like a DC Animated movie, very good story...Superman vs Superman hehe.

Fun to see what a pissed off Superman can do.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #31
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

if people don't want to see Superman share he screen with other heroes I have a feeling you're gonna be disappointed in the coming future...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #32
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-El View Post
How many are willing to embargo TV Spots? I am considering it!
I might if they start showing too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
if people don't wang to see Superman share he screen with other heroes I have a feeling you're gonna be disappointed in the coming future...
I think what people are worried about is Superman's universe being tainted/sullied because of the other heroes he's sharing his universe with. And I share that feeling.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #33
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBourneSuper View Post
Apologies if this has been already posted, I've been away for a while.

Some of you are aware of the Injustice game which centres around a superman story line. If any of you are fans of Justice League and DC characters, you need to watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jFAh6QN5Uk

Its like a full length movie, and you get to see what Superman would be if he lost the plot. Very entertaining. Quite long, 1hr 50min.......

Again, apologies if already posted.
Cool stuff. The comics have been pretty entertaining too.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #34
Jim-El
"My Son"

I remember with TDK, the TV spots almost gave away the WHOLE movie. I am not going to watch those again. Hopefully WB will not give us much more, but like you DarkVengeance, I will watch one more "movie" trailer.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #35
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Yeah this will be the one film, I may not even log on to The Hype for because of all of the spoilers for it will be coming shortly.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #36
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I might if they start showing too much.

I think what people are worried about is Superman's universe being tainted/sullied because of the other heroes he's sharing his universe with. And I share that feeling.
I'm not worried about it...hopefully WB has learned from past mistakes, and it seems they have....I have confidence in them delivering an A++ Superman movie and then upcoming Justice League movie...can't wait

Old 04-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #37
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
if people don't want to see Superman share he screen with other heroes I have a feeling you're gonna be disappointed in the coming future...
Not really. I don't care to see a Justice League film right now, but other fans want it and I'll be happy for them. I will be happy if it turns out to be good. I just don't trust WB with characters outside of Batman and Superman.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #38
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I hope they could get Wonder Woman right...

Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #39
Jim-El
"My Son"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Not really. I don't care to see a Justice League film right now, but other fans want it and I'll be happy for them. I will be happy if it turns out to be good. I just don't trust WB with characters outside of Batman and Superman.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 04-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #40
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I wonder when we will start getting an abundance of Tv Spots.
I wonder when we will get an international trailer.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #41
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
I hope they could get Wonder Woman right...
Yes, it would be fine if they could get the whole ''trinity'' right.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #42
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
I remember with TDK, the TV spots almost gave away the WHOLE movie. I am not going to watch those again. Hopefully WB will not give us much more, but like you DarkVengeance, I will watch one more "movie" trailer.
For me, I don't think it's the spots that give away plot points as much as it is the endless analysis of those spots on this board. I know I should stay away but I won't be able to. The curse of being a Superman fan, I guess.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #43
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Wonder Woman is such a cool character. If Thor can work then she should be able to. Unfortunately there is a history of action movies with a female lead not working.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 04-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #44
Jim-El
"My Son"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
For me, I don't think it's the spots that give away plot points as much as it is the endless analysis of those spots on this board. I know I should stay away but I won't be able to. The curse of being a Superman fan, I guess.
I obviously wasn't on this great board at the time, so all the analysis I had was through official trailers and TV spots. So much was shown about the Joker and his apprehension that I expected him to be in the first scene behind bars. To my bewilderment, he was actually captured in the middle of the movie. It really confused my initial viewing of a GREAT movie. I had watched TOO MANY TV spots. Not this time!! I hope...

Old 04-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #45
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Then don't MAKE it an action movie. Make it a drama about assimilation, and THEN add the action ONCE you've cared about WW and her environment.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #46
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBourneSuper View Post
Apologies if this has been already posted, I've been away for a while.

Some of you are aware of the Injustice game which centres around a superman story line. If any of you are fans of Justice League and DC characters, you need to watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jFAh6QN5Uk

Its like a full length movie, and you get to see what Superman would be if he lost the plot. Very entertaining. Quite long, 1hr 50min.......

Again, apologies if already posted.
I doubt I'll play the game but I was curious about the story. Thanks for the link

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #47
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Old 04-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #48
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
They gave away nothin of Two Face or the third act.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #49
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
I obviously wasn't on this great board at the time, so all the analysis I had was through official trailers and TV spots. So much was shown about the Joker and his apprehension that I expected him to be in the first scene behind bars. To my bewilderment, he was actually captured in the middle of the movie. It really confused my initial viewing of a GREAT movie. I had watched TOO MANY TV spots. Not this time!! I hope...
Heh, I was lurking on the Hype at the time and I knew the Joker would break out halfway into the movie. I don't think it interfered too much with my enjoyment of the movie but I sometimes wonder what it would've been like had I gone in completely unspoiled.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #50
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

For those who might be interested, I "translated" the Kryptonian text from DSRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
So somebody asked me to "transliterate" this Kryptonian script into Latin transcription. Bear in mind I have NO idea what MOS's Kryptonian language sounds like but it was fun trying to think of what it might sound like. It's what we "conlangers" like to do for fun

Kryptonian:
Hxh vurk'tā syktā edeag.
(You alone are not.)

English:
You alone are not

This is based solely on pure assumption by eyeballing the letters, and assuming that Kryptonians write left-to-right as we do. The vowels appear to be the smaller, closed off characters, while the consonants are fuller "glyphs," written in one stroke.

The curves atop the "brackets" seem to appear over the vowel characters, and to a degree I've identified three "types" of vowels:
  1. 1) a "plain" vowel is where there is no break in the bracket above a vowel character.
  2. 2) a "weak" vowel, where a short forward curve breaks the bracket (see the first "word"); this vowel is written with a simple accent or stress mark (ex.: )
  3. 3) a "strong" or "fortified" vowel, where the bracket is broken by a large backward curve. This vowel is written with a "macron" (ex.: ā)

The last word is really peculiar, and I can only guess that this is how vowel "diphthongs" are written, one vowel on top of the other. But there you go

Enjoy!

Closed Thread