The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 04-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #51
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
and Henry Cavill is ten times the actor Robert Downey Jr is .
Seriously? You can put in a little more effort than that.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #52
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
I dunno man. my most anticipated movie this summer is MOS, but Cavill isn't the one with the Oscar nom

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #53
the last son
Side-Kick

I was swearing off of the MOS sopilers and wasn't watching the trailers but after the buzz I decided to watch the trailer and I now back off of my claim. I was not impressed. I had to give that trailer a 6/10. This movie will not attract the masses. I found the Krypton stuff more interesting. Cavill I'm still going to wait to give him a chance but he just doesn't do it for me. Again I will hold off my judgement until the movie comes out but I am not impressed. Take back my claims about this movie. It went from great with the comic con trailer to ok with the official and then this one. The music was terrible in this one. I hope that was not Hans and his official work on this movie. Such disappointment

Old 04-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #54
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I dunno man. my most anticipated movie this summer is MOS, but Cavill isn't the one with the Oscar nom
had cavill had been cast as 007 instead of Craig he would have been nominated for a bafta by now and Henry was cast to play superman on two different occasions , and he did pass on the lead role in 300 i think regardless of Robert's Oscar nomination's Henry is a stronger actor .

Last edited by snyderrocks; 04-21-2013 at 11:07 PM.
snyderrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #55
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
I think the Dark Knight (2008) and the Avengers (2012) were the most anticipated comic book movies of the decade, hands down. They were huge events that were celebrated on release and after.
When you say the decade...you mean the last ten years, right? Seeing '08 and '12 in the same phrase as 'of the decade' just seems off, lol.

I'd put in TDKR, and while you may not have enjoyed the film, it was coming off of TDK's huge success and to say that wasn't a CBM of massive anticipation is just kidding yourself.

And I could be wrong, but I would think Iron Man was a much anticipated CBM as well, also in 2008.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #56
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I was swearing off of the MOS sopilers and wasn't watching the trailers but after the buzz I decided to watch the trailer and I now back off of my claim. I was not impressed. I had to give that trailer a 6/10. This movie will not attract the masses.
And you know this....how???

Old 04-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #57
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

A reminder to everyone.....you can disagree, debate, and argue your position with out resorting to name calling.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #58
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion....but I don't think you will find many that agree with that statement. Judge them by their actual acting roles, not which superhero they are playing or their looks.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #59
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:
I was swearing off of the MOS sopilers and wasn't watching the trailers but after the buzz I decided to watch the trailer and I now back off of my claim. I was not impressed. I had to give that trailer a 6/10. This movie will not attract the masses. I found the Krypton stuff more interesting. Cavill I'm still going to wait to give him a chance but he just doesn't do it for me. Again I will hold off my judgement until the movie comes out but I am not impressed. Take back my claims about this movie. It went from great with the comic con trailer to ok with the official and then this one. The music was terrible in this one. I hope that was not Hans and his official work on this movie. Such disappointment
man of steel scared off after earth that now will open 2 weeks before Snyder's man of steel film it should do well at the box office now that will smith's movie is out of the way .

Old 04-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #60
the last son
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And you know this....how???

Did you not just read my post criticizing the movie and it's direction. That trailer was a mess. All over the place.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #61
Anno_Domini
Banned User

And you still did not answer my question. Your view of the trailer, the casting, the direction, etc does not, in any way, give an answer as to how you think the film will not "attract the masses". It just won't attract you.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #62
the last son
Side-Kick

If it won't attract me which I will see no matter what a big DC fan who supports Bats and Supes how will it draw the average?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #63
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

lmao.

what a character.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #64
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

MOS will do what it does. It's a thrice-told tale painted in dark hues, like WB's other superhero films. No doubt it will do well, but it won't be as successful nor as satisfying as Iron Man 3.
lulz. who was the main villain in iron man? a guy in an iron man suit?

who was the villain in iron man two? a man in a faux iron man suit with a bunch of other faux iron men?

what's special about iron man 3? more iron men? that's original.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:18 AM   #65
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
no.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #66
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Saw this in the MoS gif thread. Made by WormyT.

Best thing I've seen all day!

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #67
kedrell
I see what you did there

IM3 by a mile for me. It's my favorite film franchise to date. MoS? I'll watch it because it's a superhero film and so I kind of gotta at this point but I have little to no faith in those behind it. The trailers have been cool and if there is any DC character I have ever liked(and that's seriously debatable), it'd be Superman from the left over good will from the good Reeve films and Superman TAS being the best cartoon series WB/DC ever made. But IM3 is going to cream MoS at the box office. I'd say that even if I wasn't rooting for it to happen. In that case the writing is on the wall.

I have an inner child. Not an inner teenager.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #68
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
If it won't attract me which I will see no matter what a big DC fan who supports Bats and Supes how will it draw the average?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #69
Rorschach2012
$

I predict IM3 wins the box office, and MOS wins with critics but also has a huge gross

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #70
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I personally dont know anyone particularly excited about Iron Man 3... it seems to be one of those 'yeah, i'll go see it cause it's bound to have some cool stuff in it... but meh' films... at least with the people I know.

With MOS it's different. Because I think people are genuinely surprised after watching trailers cause they are used to Superman just being a certain way that they weren't interested in... and then they realise this is something totally different. It's bound to get people curious in a way that the third Iron Man movie (4th if you count Avengers) can't.

Not to mention the fact that the Iron Man franchise hasn't been a trilogy. So there's no particular investment in seeing how the trilogy ends. It's just 'more of the same' for lack of a better phrase, and I think you could miss Iron Man 3 completely and still enjoy Avengers 2 just as much without feeling like you've missed anything.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #71
ThePhantasm
Skywalker

Quote:

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #72
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Okay, seriously guys. Superman's my dude, but when people get blown out of an airplane, and Tony is all like "Quiet moments like these I love being a superhero..." you can't help but love that... and if somehow your zeal for Superman's pre-eminence does so, it doesn't do that for most. IM3 is going to be ridiculously epic and unless it makes a significant mis-step, it has the potential to make a billion dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I predict IM3 wins the box office, and MOS wins with critics but also has a huge gross
This is also true. MOS will almost certainly be a better film, and if the [mild spoiler: whining about some twist] is accurate, a better received film. And it's not like MOS won't be wildly successful, it's just... sequel power is nothing to sneeze at, neither is the Avengers box office and it's spillover effect to the tributary films' sequels.

Last edited by DrCosmic; 04-22-2013 at 03:30 PM.
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #73
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
. . . . . . . Even my 2 year old nephew went

After watching the MOS trailer I believe Iron Man wins this Summer.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #74
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
You're entitled to your opinion....but I don't think you will find many that agree with that statement. Judge them by their actual acting roles, not which superhero they are playing or their looks.
look I am sure many people don't agree with me about Henry being the better actor because Robert's been around longer but in 2005 at age 22 Henry was nearly cast as 007 , and it is not everyday a 22 year Henry Cavill could give a more experienced actor like Daniel Craig a run for his money and end up being the runner up for the role that sounds like a legend in the making to me and when you hand a talented actor like Henry a batman begins influenced man of steel movie the sky's the the limit for his career because everybody knows batman begins was better then iron man .

Last edited by snyderrocks; 04-22-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #75
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I personally dont know anyone particularly excited about Iron Man 3... it seems to be one of those 'yeah, i'll go see it cause it's bound to have some cool stuff in it... but meh' films... at least with the people I know.

With MOS it's different. Because I think people are genuinely surprised after watching trailers cause they are used to Superman just being a certain way that they weren't interested in... and then they realise this is something totally different. It's bound to get people curious in a way that the third Iron Man movie (4th if you count Avengers) can't.

Not to mention the fact that the Iron Man franchise hasn't been a trilogy. So there's no particular investment in seeing how the trilogy ends. It's just 'more of the same' for lack of a better phrase, and I think you could miss Iron Man 3 completely and still enjoy Avengers 2 just as much without feeling like you've missed anything.
and have you noticed the iron man sequel villains have been underwhelming ? but we will not have that problem come June since Michael Shannon's zod is going to be a much better developed screen villain in Zack Snyder's man of steel .

Last edited by snyderrocks; 04-22-2013 at 04:38 PM.