The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Doctor Evo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,106
Default Image Request

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a series of paleomaps to track distributions of a certain group of sharks through geologic time, but I'm having trouble finding a map marker that can be easily copied and pasted on top of the maps.

Ideally this marker would be a red circle with a thick black outline without a rectangular border (in other words, I could copy and paste it directly onto the map and drag it to the desired location, no further modification necessary).

It shouldn't be very large, either. The maps aren't huge, and bigger markers would obscure some of the detail where there are clusters.

If anyone could find this for me (or something very similar), I'd be extremely grateful!

Thanks!

Doctor Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,794
Default Re: Image Request

I'm guessing you don't have Photoshop or Gimp (which is free)?

Here you go.
map marker

Go into the images section. there's lots to choose from.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
Doctor Evo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,106
Default Re: Image Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
I'm guessing you don't have Photoshop or Gimp (which is free)?

Here you go.
map marker

Go into the images section. there's lots to choose from.
I downloaded GIMP yesterday and I'm still trying to figure it out. I guess I have some more learning to do!

Do you happen to have another link? This one doesn't seem to work for me! I've been trying to find markers/icons on Google Images, but they all seem to have some type of box around them.

Thanks.

Doctor Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,406
Default Re: Image Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Evo View Post
I downloaded GIMP yesterday and I'm still trying to figure it out. I guess I have some more learning to do!

Do you happen to have another link? This one doesn't seem to work for me! I've been trying to find markers/icons on Google Images, but they all seem to have some type of box around them.

Thanks.
I use GIMP quite often and there are tons of tutorials online for it. Just Goolgle whatever you're trying to do, there's a tutorial for it.

Hotwire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien
 
the dmg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Returning some video tapes...
Posts: 4,794
Default Re: Image Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Evo View Post
I downloaded GIMP yesterday and I'm still trying to figure it out. I guess I have some more learning to do!

Do you happen to have another link? This one doesn't seem to work for me! I've been trying to find markers/icons on Google Images, but they all seem to have some type of box around them.

Thanks.
Here's a link to an actual marker.
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/I/l/L/...map-marker.svg

Sometimes they look like they have a white box around them, but if you look closely you'll notice a few that have tiny white and gray boxes behind it, that means the background is clear.

Hope this helps.

__________________
the DOG, the MAN, the GOD
the dmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:54 AM   #6
Doctor Evo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,106
Default Re: Image Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
I use GIMP quite often and there are tons of tutorials online for it. Just Goolgle whatever you're trying to do, there's a tutorial for it.
Couldn't find a tutorial, but I figured out how to get exactly what I wanted after about an hour of messing around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
Here's a link to an actual marker.
http://www.clker.com/cliparts/I/l/L/...map-marker.svg

Sometimes they look like they have a white box around them, but if you look closely you'll notice a few that have tiny white and gray boxes behind it, that means the background is clear.

Hope this helps.
I was trying to avoid the teardrop shape; I really wanted a red circle outlined in black. And I got it!

I really appreciate it, though! Thanks!

Was even able to turn it into a .gif animation. It turned out fantastic!

Doctor Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.