The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 04-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #226
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Default Re: Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
This is the 8th year Ive been following these up close. 99.9999% of the "they clapped" reactions are fake.

Takes a packed house with a very enthusiastic crowd AND an extremely hyped film.
Not true. Back when I was a kid, I witnessed an audience applaud much louder than usual upon viewing a teaser trailer for a film that wasn't really hyped at all. That was the beauty of it in a way. I actually remember seeing a genuine look of surprise on some faces. It was a really cool experience for me that I've never forgotten.

Which film? This one. =) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-JGNTHXbos

(Haven't seen that trailer in ages!)

Last edited by ArmsHeldOut; 04-22-2013 at 01:12 AM.
ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 AM   #227
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
It's not as rare as you make it sound. It happens in my area (Washington DC) all the time. But you're right in that the majority of the time it's during packed (most often midnight) shows. It just depends on the demographic make-up of the audience, though. When I went to see Django Unchained on a Saturday evening (around 7pm), we had a fairly young, rowdy crowd who had audible reactions to just about every trailer (good and bad). That's the fun (and risk) of a movie theater audience - you never know what kind of communal experience you're gonna get. One person can have some funny, loud reaction to something, and that can elicit a joint reaction from everybody else in the room. Suddenly you're all in on the fun. That's the experience home video will never be able to replicate, imo.

As for the topic, the two times I saw Oblivion they only showed the old trailer, and there were no reactions. Boo.
I have lived in the same area you have all my life and have never heard the audience clap during a trailer. If someone yelled out a "supermans back baby!" People would WTF out of their minds and tell her to stfu and stay quiet.

BatSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #228
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
I have lived in the same area you have all my life and have never heard the audience clap during a trailer. If someone yelled out a "supermans back baby!" People would WTF out of their minds and tell her to stfu and stay quiet.
Well I've certainly never heard anything like that, either, lol. But random people clapping for a trailer (I'm talking 1-3 people tops)? Pretty common occurrence from my experience. What I've NEVER encountered is anyone telling someone else to STFU during trailers. People can be quite rude and chatty during them and no one ever tells them to shut up. And if someone does make a silly exclamation (which has happened a few times), people just laugh it off or groan depending on how cringe-worthy it is, lol. It's only when it's during the actual film that people start complaining.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 04-22-2013 at 01:16 AM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:01 AM   #229
Kalonthar

All I can say is because they didn't even show the **** trailer. They've had the previous trailers when they debuted so I have no clue why they didn't show it this time. Regardless,

Old 04-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #230
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
If someone yelled out a "supermans back baby!" People would WTF out of their minds and tell her to stfu and stay quiet.
Are you talking about during or after a trailer? I'd get rather pissed if someone yelled out during a trailer -- especially a Man of Steel trailer that I've been eagerly anticipating. However, I think there's a window of time after a trailer, when the credits are rolling, that applause and cheering is acceptable. It would show me that others are as excited about the movie as I am, which would get me even more excited. I'll never have the audacity to yell out "Superman is back, baby!" after a Man of Steel trailer, but I'd love to hear someone else yell it out -- just not during the trailer!

ModusPonens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #231
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
yeah, I am giggling at the thought of someone yelling "SUPERMANS BACK, BABY!!" in a theater near me. Everyone would be like "...relax.".

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #232
super-t
Side-Kick

When i went and saw TDKR I was in the VERY front row bc I got there late, but they showed the teaser and RIGHT after it I stood up as fast as i could and lifted my hands in the air. The entire audience started laughing and one other guy yelled out "Hell yes." Then this girl sitting like 4 seats down from me says "Omg, he even has the Superman shirt on." Then i turned to her and yelled out this...

Old 04-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #233
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
yeah, I am giggling at the thought of someone yelling "SUPERMANS BACK, BABY!!" in a theater near me. Everyone would be like "...relax.".
Wow, really? I'm surprised by how contemptuous you and BatSpider seem to be toward these energetic reactions. All of us on the forum are Superman fans, right? So shouldn't we all be excited when a crowd reacts positively to a Superman trailer? Obviously, I'd be annoyed if the crowd interrupted the trailer, but post-trailer reactions are acceptable, imho.

*shrugs* To each their own, I suppose. But to me, you sound like Señor Chang...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

ModusPonens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #234
Octoberist
point blank

I really think its a regional thing because in LA it's fairly normal to hear a verbal reaction. It's fun and you feed off of it.

Octoberist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #235
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-t View Post
When i went and saw TDKR I was in the VERY front row bc I got there late, but they showed the teaser and RIGHT after it I stood up as fast as i could and lifted my hands in the air. The entire audience started laughing and one other guy yelled out "Hell yes." Then this girl sitting like 4 seats down from me says "Omg, he even has the Superman shirt on." Then i turned to her and yelled out this...

Hah! That's amazing. I had my Superman shirt on too. But that's what we do. We're TEAM SUPERMAN.

Tra-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #236
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #237
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

you know what's probably NOT a good idea??

wearing a Batman shirt to a showing of MOS.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #238
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post

What about a Spider-Man T-Shirt

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #239
super-t
Side-Kick

X Knight and BH/HHH......

Old 04-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #240
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
X Knight and BH/HHH......

Ahhhhh

Old 04-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #241
super-t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Ahhhhh
Mmmyyeessss....Beware...

Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #242
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

For some reason, the new trailer for MOS wasn't attached to prints of Oblivion at our theater. Our projectionist said the new trailer was up in the system, but didn't get an e-mail from the theater department mandating the trailer play with Oblivion.

I think it's quite certain it'll be on the prints for Iron Man 3. Can't wait to see the trailer reactions for that one.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:40 AM   #243
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

DarthDorranceBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #244
WormyT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
For some reason, the new trailer for MOS wasn't attached to prints of Oblivion at our theater. Our projectionist said the new trailer was up in the system, but didn't get an e-mail from the theater department mandating the trailer play with Oblivion.

I think it's quite certain it'll be on the prints for Iron Man 3. Can't wait to see the trailer reactions for that one.
Same thing happened to me.
I saw Oblivion and they had the 2nd trailer playing. I was bummed when I heard the old music.

Its funny reading how excited folks are for Thor in the Thor threads. That Thor teaser wasn't exciting at all IMO.
Man of Steel trailer#3 is the best 2013 movie trailer by far..so far.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:01 AM   #245
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormyT View Post
Same thing happened to me.
I saw Oblivion and they had the 2nd trailer playing. I was bummed when I heard the old music.

Its funny reading how excited folks are for Thor in the Thor threads. That Thor teaser wasn't exciting at all IMO.
I agree that MOS trailer 3 is the best of the year so far but Thor 2s was just a teaser. I don't know why you"d expect a teaser to live up to the 3rd trailer of this movie.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 AM   #246
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post

i hope so because iron man 3 comes next week and it will make a lot of money but if it does not play in front of iron man 3 would it play in-front of the hangover part 3 ?

Last edited by snyderrocks; 04-25-2013 at 02:27 AM.
snyderrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 AM   #247
snyderrocks
Banned User

Quote:

lol

snyderrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #248
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post

LOL You wouldn't happen to be from Philly or Boston would you?

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #249
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormyT View Post
What's funny about it? The fact that some people have different opinions than you? Some will like the Thor teaser, and some won't, just as it is with the MOS trailer. The funnier part in my view is how many fans that long for MOS that bring up that comparison.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #250
Jim-El
"My Son"

Thumbs up Re: Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Quote:

Now that is a post! Thank you!............

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Jim-El is offline   Reply With Quote