The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Misc. Comics

Old 04-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Default Project Superpowers returns with THE OWL!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=44690

As someone who was a HUGE fan of the Project Superpowers line, I am stoked that it's coming back. The first volume was decent, I loved the Masquerade and Death-Defying Devil minis. Black Terror's ongoing was phenominal. And the second volume of Project Superpowers was the best of the bunch. After that we've been eagerly awaiting the third chapter of Project Superpowers or some minis to lead into it but they never came. Despite Dynamite's promises that more would come, most of us gave up home. Now it's been 3 or 4 years and we FINALLY have something!

The Owl is one of the lesser characters from the PSP line and he's getting a mini! I know I'm one of the few around here who was into this line, but I'll be eagerly looking forward to July for this book and am hoping for news of more PSP.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
Czar Colossus
Side-Kick

Default Re: Project Superpowers returns with THE OWL!!!

Yahooo....not enough talk about the Dynamite line. I love this stuff (more than Marvel or DC at the moment).

Old 04-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I got into the PSP line hard. I was pretty burnt when they dropped the line and didn't want to try anymore of dynamite's books but caved when Kirby Genesis came out. It was decent but I'm leary because they didn't finish all the tie-ins, though I wasn't reading those. I like them as a company but I'm iffy on trying their books for fear of them not finishing their stories.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 04-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
Czar Colossus
Side-Kick

Very understandable, but I am enjoying the pulp character interpretations very much!

Old 04-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #5
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I considered buying the Spider, and if I could have gotten into Green Hornet when it started, I might have gotten into that, but I was already frustrated at that point. Plus, with Green Hornet I never knew what title to buy. They had, like, twenty-seven ongoings.

Masks was the first title that really made me want to buy it after Kirby finished but I missed out on the first issue, and if I miss the first issue of a series I tend to ignore the rest. It's getting good reviews I think, so I might go back and get it eventually. Though they aren't PSP, I like that it has Black Terror and Green Llama in it.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and

Last edited by JewishHobbit; 05-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

CBR PREVIEWS

We have previews and they look amazing!

Quote:
Fear the shadows, the Owl has returned! Lost for 50 years in an ethereal limbo, the Owl has come back to find a violent and desperate world of strangers. The woman he loved is gone, but he remains determined to continue his fight for justice. Can the Owl withstand the challenges awaiting him... or will this new reality crush his body and spirit?

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 05-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

During the Project Superpowers hiatus I was considering sending Dynamite a pitch for an Owl mini and a Flame oneshot just to see if they'd bite as a placeholders until they could get chapter 2 going. Then I read that you can't pitch characters they already publish. Fortunately, it looks like Krul's got a good thing going here.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 03-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #8
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
During the Project Superpowers hiatus I was considering sending Dynamite a pitch for an Owl mini and a Flame oneshot just to see if they'd bite as a placeholders until they could get chapter 2 going. Then I read that you can't pitch characters they already publish. Fortunately, it looks like Krul's got a good thing going here.
why not ? your take might be interesting

Old 03-08-2014, 11:16 PM   #9
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I assume you can't pitch anything regarding THEIR characters because if they come up with their own ideas that may resemble yours (even if they thought of it first) it could come across as them stealing your ideas. It makes sense really.

I had this idea of a one-shot or mini featuring Pyro-Man and Pyro-Woman (I think that was their names) dealing with what happened to her in PSP: Chapter 2. I planned on treating it like a rape victim coming to terms with what had happened to her and facing her abductor. I also wanted to tackle Pyro-Man's side of things imagining how I'd feel if something like that had happened to my wife.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and