I'll Deal With It 20 8.93%
Remains To Be Seen 56 25.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:47 AM   #101
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - Part 12

It's more the time constraint angle. He admitted he was expected to put on 30 pounds in 3 months. Also he was trimmed down before he started bulking for bane.

A lot of these guys have good bases and very well could get to these physiques naturally but the very fact they often have only a few months to put on so much weight and with all the pressures that come with a multi-million dollar pictures i wouldn't be surprised at all if they went to other methods to gain on the muscle.

Jimmy kimmel pretty much accused wahlberg of juicing in a recent interview and you could tell wahlberg looked really uncomfortable. I think it's a hollywood dirty secret.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #102
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
It's more the time constraint angle. He admitted he was expected to put on 30 pounds in 3 months. Also he was trimmed down before he started bulking for bane.

A lot of these guys have good bases and very well could get to these physiques naturally but the very fact they often have only a few months to put on so much weight and with all the pressures that come with a multi-million dollar pictures i wouldn't be surprised at all if they went to other methods to gain on the muscle.

Jimmy kimmel pretty much accused wahlberg of juicing in a recent interview and you could tell wahlberg looked really uncomfortable. I think it's a hollywood dirty secret.
I agree.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #103
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Hardy, Schmardy! Time for some new Henry awesomeness

Old 04-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #104
Project862006
Banned User

it really is like he jumped off the page of the comics

that jawline!!

Old 04-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #105
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
it really is like he jumped off the page of the comics

that jawline!!
I know right, I'm currently reading a lot if the Jurgens run on Superman and it looks like Cavill so much.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #106
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Woah, I never said that back acne = steroids. However, it is a well-known side effect.
That's what a person who's not that well-informed on the matter would say, and while it's true, there's so much more to that, it's silly to say "Oh he has a back acne, steroids!". Not saying you aren't, but that's no argument. Not enough, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Furthermore, in regards to the folks at your gym, you would surprised how many steroid users have mediocre physiques. A lot of them get on the stuff thinking it is the easy way to muscle, not realizing that you still have to put in the hard work and that steroids just amplify your gains.
Of course. However, there's this thing called "noobie gains" which I'm sure you're familiar with since you've lifted before. That, combined with the fact that many of these actors have stayed in a relatively good shape in-between shooting different movies, and in the case of Cavill, great genetics, I wouldn't be so fast to assume he's used steroids.

Also, in many cases, actors have a pump before shooting these scenes, and there's even video evidence of Cavill doing it before shooting the shirtless scenes. As you know, with a pump, everyone looks larger than they are, and that's a neat trick for actors to use when required.

So, from all we know, Cavill's physique for the movie, given the time he had to achieve it, given the fact that he's been in a good shape before and he's not a stranger to lifting weights, etc., it sounds perfectly plausible that his physique was achieved without the use of steroids.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #107
Bren
Forevernoob

If there was a new steroid/enhancer that was absolutely brilliant, safe, cheap, they should call it "Yellow Sun".

Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #108
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
If there was a new steroid/enhancer that was absolutely brilliant, safe, cheap, they should call it "Yellow Sun".
Yes. Yes.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #109
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Henry Cavill was always Superman to me. Even during Superman returns

Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #110
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
That's what a person who's not that well-informed on the matter would say, and while it's true, there's so much more to that, it's silly to say "Oh he has a back acne, steroids!". Not saying you aren't, but that's no argument. Not enough, at least.

Of course. However, there's this thing called "noobie gains" which I'm sure you're familiar with since you've lifted before. That, combined with the fact that many of these actors have stayed in a relatively good shape in-between shooting different movies, and in the case of Cavill, great genetics, I wouldn't be so fast to assume he's used steroids.

Also, in many cases, actors have a pump before shooting these scenes, and there's even video evidence of Cavill doing it before shooting the shirtless scenes. As you know, with a pump, everyone looks larger than they are, and that's a neat trick for actors to use when required.

So, from all we know, Cavill's physique for the movie, given the time he had to achieve it, given the fact that he's been in a good shape before and he's not a stranger to lifting weights, etc., it sounds perfectly plausible that his physique was achieved without the use of steroids.
Why are you going on about Cavill? I specifically said that he did not look like he used to me. He didn't have the typical water retention or acne. When people accused him of using during shooting back in 2011, I defended him using most of your points. I think the consensus is that Cavill gained the muscle naturally because of muscle memory from Immortals and the solid, functional strength program he was put on by GymJones. He also had more time than most to get in shape. He was officially announced in Jan 2011 and filming began in July or August I think.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #111
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

I just felt like addressing this thing. No hard feelings or anything.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #112
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
I just felt like addressing this thing. No hard feelings or anything.
No worries. Just had a bit of rant tone to it like you were responding to something I had said. Worried I made a typo and forgot an important "not" somewhere in my original post. I still wonder a little about Hardy because he was full size by May when they released the first picture of Bane and, as you can see, he was pretty small from the photo above just 3 months earlier in February. Granted, it might have been muscle memory as well, but he didn't drop down as quickly and back up as Bale or Cavill. If I recall correctly, Warrior spent a long time in the can and Hardy was deflated for quite some time.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #113
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Speaking of that photo above, Hardy said in that interview "Fat, lots of fat" when asked how he's going to bulk up, and he wasn't wrong. He had much fat on him for the role of Bane, he wasn't nearly as impressive as he was for Warrior, but I thought it worked great for the role. Bane had more of a powerlifter/strongman than a bodybuilder look, which for Nolan's functional vision was perfect. The belt he had on further emphasized on that look. Unlike Cavill, who does have to look like he has the perfect male body.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #114
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Right. Off. The. Pages. As illustrated by Jim Lee, John Bryne, Kerry Gammill, Neal Adams, George Perez... PICK ONE. Henry Cavill is pencil and paper brought to life.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 04-22-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #115
JAK®
Upstart

Actors don't get put on steroids because they can't do it naturally. They're put on steroids because they want to guarantee that they attain the physique they need by a certain time. It's not worth the risk of hoping that they can do it.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #116
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Okay.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #117
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

OMG, the intensity in Superman's expression! He looks as though he's watching some serious **** go down.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #118
Jim-El
"My Son"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
OMG, the intensity in Superman's expression! He looks as though he's watching some serious **** go down.
I haven't seen intensity like that in a Superman since Chris Reeve.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #119
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
If I was Supes and I knew there was
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
no kryptonite in this film
, I'd be cool as a cucumber 24/7.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #120
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-El View Post
I haven't seen intensity like that in a Superman since Chris Reeve.
I won't lie; when I saw the Cavill pictures my mind immediately flashed back to Routh's wide-eyed innocent look and I was glad we're in for a change. Not trying to turn this into an SR bashing thread, though.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #121
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Yeah...Cavill has the badass look....Routh on the other hand, I can never imagine looking angry.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #122
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Yeah...Cavill has the badass look....Routh on the other hand, I can never imagine looking angry.
I hope this version of Supes is formidable even without his powers. That's one of the things I didn't like about SR and even the Donner films. Bereft of his abilities, Superman became a wimp almost instantaneously. HC, on the other hand, looks like a beast in MOS, so he should be a badass with or without the influence of a yellow sun's rays.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #123
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Its kind of out-of-this-world how attractive he is and I'm a guy! Which is fitting for the character I guess.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 04-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #124
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Before he was cast people would post pics and I thought he was gorgeous.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #125
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post

Look at this... This is Really what we are getting! Man I have to say. They hit a homerun on this guy's mug.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Closed Thread