Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #751
xii22_loop
?·:..:·;¸...º----==..*.¯,

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
The talk show was George Stroumboulopoulos so we didn't get to ask questions. She didn't talk about DoFP but the host did ask her about The Wolverine and she did her "I heard I was in the trailer" bit then she admitted she can't talk about the role, that's about it. I got the impression her role is bigger than just a cameo. The entire interview was about 30 mins, then another actor came on Donal Logue, he seems like a really cool guy.

Famke is really tall in person and she was wearing, I would guess about 4 inch heels adding to her 5'11"? She wore a black lacy top with a white mini skirt, she was pretty. She is skinnier than I thought she would be, but her mini skirt was really form fitting. The episode airs Thursday at 7pm on CBC.
I was at the Stroumboulopoulos show yesterday too! Why why why didn't George ask something about DOFP. I guess if she had mentioned she was going to be filming the James Caan movie in Ontario on his show instead of CTV maybe that coincidence about both movies filming in Canada would have sparked the question.

Is it bad when George asked Famke "if you could use telekinesis on anyone who would it be" I wanted to yell out TOM ROTHMAN. But it would have been too much of an inside joke/would have mortified Famke.

Last edited by xii22_loop; 04-17-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #752
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
People keep saying that all the time, like it's something better. Why does something need to be closer to its comics counterpart? Comics are not always perfect in every way, shape or form. They have their flaws too. I'd hate to see 100% accurate interpretations of everything. And it's not like Wolverine is far off the comics.
Exactly. The height thing never mattered to me at all and is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. Comic purists would probably want Jean Grey (a MD in the film series) to be played by a 22 yr old with double Ds if they could get their way. A director has to have some room to bring their own vision to the screen. The series only had a couple minor casting missteps imo.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #753
DarknessOfDeath
Trust no one...but Cobie!

I see nothing wrong with the way Famke was cast. She's one of the reasons why I grew to love Jean Grey over the years. Just made the character so interesting. Shame that she didn't get a chance to fully utilize the character in her own way to portray the way she wanted Dark Phoenix to be in X3.

Shame really.

Get your game on, Marvel!!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #754
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Well, realistically, you can see X1-DOFP as one huge arc, then DOFP acting as a new beginning.

There will be changes, people being alive who died in the original timeline, but that doesn't mean that the events we saw can't still have happened, more or less, with a few tiny changes.

In a roundabout way, by doing it like this, the events of X1 onwards are still important/canon because, without them, we wouldn't get this 'better world' with a few changes.
You know, I could honestly see the franchise taking this route.

Personally I never saw a need for First Class (and any other "prequel" type X films) to match up exactly with the originals. I would have been content with a "loose" reboot.

That being said, I never saw a need for Abrams Star Trek to offer an in-universe explanation for its changes to TOS either, but Abrams went that route. Could be that Singer et al are taking a page from his playbook.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #755
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

I hope that.

X-Men just need to go back to the basics just like what the Fast & Furious did with Fast & Furious 4. Go back to the original cast and come up with new characters/stories. It ain't that hard.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 04-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #756
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Someone finally asked Famke directly about Days of Future Past during her press rounds...and then she kind of ignored the question.

Quote:
Q: You’ve got a cameo as Jean Grey in the upcoming spin-off film “The Wolverine.” Would you go back to an expanded version of the role if the offer came? Bryan Singer’s gotten a lot of the old band back together for ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past…”

Famke: Right now, I'll go back to anything because I feel like I’m in a work mode, but I've also understood more than ever now that it's a business, and you need to be out there. You need to stay in people's eyes – and I have a new appreciation for money that I've never had before after taking off three years not working. I really had to go back to work and try to make money, and now I have what I want to call a hobby for now, but hopefully something that really can be a vocation in the future which is writing and directing. For that, I need to make money doing something else.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/entertainm...203617561.html

Old 04-19-2013, 01:19 AM   #757
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

She reeeeaaaalllly wants some money.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #758
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Her bills must be expensive.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #759
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Bring her back as Phoenix - but in control of her powers, as she was for a time in the comic books. The team was really good during that period.

Then she can begin to evolve beyond humanity, fly off into space and we can have an X-Men space adventure with the M'Krann crystal, Shi'ar and Starjammers. Simple.

I also want to see the Savage Land. Special effects for dinosaurs are really good these days. Plus, I love the story that saw the X-Men end up in the Savage Land after escaping Magneto's base in an Antarctic volcano.

Bring it on!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #760
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Famke's new show Is now On Netflix for streaming.

Her Ignoring question hints at her possable doing cameo at end of DOFP.She didn't outright say no or say she hasn't been called which was her old line.She even Ignores The Wolverine questions even though we know full well after trailer she Is In film.

One person who reports for trade said after Anna Paquin,Shawn Ashmore,and Ellen Page were announced the entire cast would be back.Famke,James Marsden,Rebecca Romijn,
and Alan Cumming are noticly absents In film.Now could they be making surprise appearances.Very possibly.It's still Is strange James Mcavoy would list Alan Cumming.
Also strange studio would quickly insist he wasn't In filmSInce when does Fox quickly respond to rumors.Plus Bryan's own comments made nightcrawler more likely than Storm.Also Notice Bryan dodged questions about Rebecca returing.Rebecca by the way Is In Vancouver shooting a new cable show.Considering the long shoot of DOFP It's not out of question for her to get from Vancouver to Montreal.James Marsden Is doing anchorman sequel but also possable for him to get to Montreal to shoot a cameo for end of film.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #761
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Bring her back as Phoenix - but in control of her powers, as she was for a time in the comic books. The team was really good during that period.

Then she can begin to evolve beyond humanity, fly off into space and we can have an X-Men space adventure with the M'Krann crystal, Shi'ar and Starjammers. Simple.

I also want to see the Savage Land. Special effects for dinosaurs are really good these days. Plus, I love the story that saw the X-Men end up in the Savage Land after escaping Magneto's base in an Antarctic volcano.

Bring it on!
that would be such an spectacle, for sure. Id enjoy something like that too. I need new stories and territories explored on franchise.

And Cosmic, Genosha or Savage land would be great options in my book

Old 04-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #762
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Her bills must be expensive.
She lives in Downtown New York in a nice home, so yeah, she's eventually going to need some money. She has a certain lifestyle she wants to maintain, just like all of us do. I've never taken 3 yrs off (which she essentially did) to make a passion project, but I understand that she would eventually want to make some money again so she can continue to pursue her passion of directing.

Without the visibility of her acting parts, she probably wouldn't be directing movies starring Milla Jovovich and travelling all over the world promoting them. She needs some money and she needs some visibility in Hollywood to get anything funded as a director.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #763
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:

Bring it on!
Yeah and no need to deal with "I can't control my Phoenix powers" again. We already saw that in X2 and X3.

But I hope her return doesn't happen in the 8th X-Men movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
She lives in Downtown New York in a nice home, so yeah, she's eventually going to need some money. She has a certain lifestyle she wants to maintain, just like all of us do. I've never taken 3 yrs off (which she essentially did) to make a passion project, but I understand that she would eventually want to make some money again so she can continue to pursue her passion of directing.

Without the visibility of her acting parts, she probably wouldn't be directing movies starring Milla Jovovich and travelling all over the world promoting them. She needs some money and she needs some visibility in Hollywood to get anything funded as a director.
We all need money! Thats how the world goes around!

Old 04-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #764
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

There's an interesting rumor about Jean Grey and actress Michelle Trachtenberg.

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Old 04-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #765
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Comicus View Post
There's an interesting rumor about Jean Grey and actress Michelle Trachtenberg.
We knew. Already being discussed and dissected in one of the other threads on here.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #766
Ipodman
Love Tension

Is X-Men the only superhero film franchise that hasn't been rebooted? o.O

Old 04-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #767
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodman View Post
its one of the first superhero films to start what has become this big superhero craze of the 2000's

i don't think it will get a reboot for a long long time, Fox will get as much out of this franchise as they can

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 04-20-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #768
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Excepting any of the newer superhero franchises like the Avengers, yes X-Men is the only superhero franchise to still not have been rebooted. That's quite a feat when you think about it. This franchise started in 2000 and ushered in the current era of superhero blockbuster films as we know it and still remains thirteen years later with more or less the same continuity, cast and production team.

I'm expecting big things from Days of Future Past. If X1 was able to usher in a new era for superhero movies then I expect DOFP to push the boundaries and further evolve superhero movies. The X-Men have always set the standard and other superhero franchises were compared to X-Men that stopped with the X3 and XO:W but First Class has brought that back around paved the way for DOFP and I hope it does something that shakes up superhero movies as a sub-genre and causes even Marvel to raise their eyebrows and sit up.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 04-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #769
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Apart from fact X-Men Is my favorate comic the fact It's longest running comic book film series without resorting to rebooting makes It why my Intrest In also so high for these films.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #770
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Umm lets see

Blade - Done, rights reverted to Marvel
Hulk - Rebooted with Incredible Hulk?
Spider-Man - Rebooted
Daredevil/Elektra - Done, rights reverted to Marvel
Punisher - Done, rights reverted to Marvel
Fantastic Four - Rebooted
Ghost Rider - Probably done
Superman - Rebooted
Batman - To be rebooted soon

X-Men is the longest superhero film franchise. And I'm not counting Men in Black as one. But its not the only superhero film franchise that hasn't been rebooted because we still have the original Iron Man series, MCU and Green Lantern.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #771
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Having seen storms new look which is better then her previous look and a better more personal for her character look I do think they will make her a strong leader and I don't see them bringing back cyclops as leader sadly

It's asking berry to take her character down a peg for marsdens cyclops, she wouldn't like that, and fox probably wouldn't

Is a shame, I like her look though

Old 04-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #772
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Having seen storms new look which is better then her previous look and a better more personal for her character look I do think they will make her a strong leader and I don't see them bringing back cyclops as leader sadly

It's asking berry to take her character down a peg for marsdens cyclops, she wouldn't like that, and fox probably wouldn't

Is a shame, I like her look though

Nevertheless, he'll return.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #773
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Nevertheless, he'll return.
He'll be back, more than likely. Cyclops is the top strategist in the X-Men, Storm can be second-in-command, Wolverine can be the grumpy misery-guts who is the opposing voice and maverick who never does as he is told or suggests alternative tactics from his years of war experience.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #774
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
He'll be back, more than likely. Cyclops is the top strategist in the X-Men, Storm can be second-in-command, Wolverine can be the grumpy misery-guts who is the opposing voice and maverick who never does as he is told or suggests alternative tactics from his years of war experience.
We all see that! It's the natural way of things but will Fox see that. Would they want to relegate Storm portrayed by hollywood star Halle Berry in favor of Cyclops (fan favourite) portrayed by not so big a star James Marsden. Remember GA won't understand why it's important for Scott to be a leader.

Although I think Scott will certainly be back I also agree with Gueststar2004 Fox will not want to take away the big role that Halle finally has in these movies. And depending on how she is received by audiences I doubt they would want to push Scott over Storm even in the OT Storm had more screen time than Cyclops.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 04-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #775
Angamb
Banned User

just because Storm isnt the leader on a future movie doesnt mean she would have a smaller role than Cyclops.

Its not about screentime. Cyclops/James Marsden can easily be the leader, with Halle still having a great presence and scenes on the movie and trailers and tv spots

Closed Thread