The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 04-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #126
Double B
Side-Kick

Default Re: Does this movie have too many characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
If you disagree that there will be at least 2 presents/futures then simply explain to me how/why old Xavier can be in the movie in the new uniform we saw in the promo shot?
Comatose twin.

What I'm saying is, that yes, a character will try and change the past to affect the future. That goes without saying.

However, that doesn't go hand in hand with the antagonist of the story travelling back in time, causing the dystopian future, and then someone going to fix that - which is what I meant by my second point.

You said:

Quote:
We have to have the regular present first, then something gets changed in the past (1973), which changes the future (which was the present) into something different than it was, which requires someone to go back to the past (either physically or mentally) to fix what was changed, which puts the future (present) back to the way it was (or something totally different/unexpected).
Which is what I disagree with. The dystopian future can be a natural consequence of the way history played out and, several years post Last Stand, the world has gone to hell. Someone, Xavier most likely, pinpoints that it can all be prevented if something different happens in 1973. It's essentially the same plot but without someone travelling to 1973, changing the past, creating a horrible future, and the X-Men having to clean up the mess, as it were.

Last edited by Double B; 04-22-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #127
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
For the 1,947,384th time, Xavier was shown to be alive in his twin brother's body,who presumably is not paralyzed, at the end of X3. No need for an alternate future to explain this.
Exactly.

Plus, we have Bryan thanking Ratner for letting Rogue, Iceman and Kitty live. If the majority of DOFP is in this new alternate future, that isn't post-X3 but something different altogether, there was absolutely nothing stopping Bryan from having Cyclops and Jean back in this dystopian timeline.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #128
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Singer is not ignoring the events of X3. The meaning of "alternative future" that keeps getting thrown around probably means that once the past is fixed, the dystopian future will become an alternative timeline, apart from the First Class one, which really is logical.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #129
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

Usually we have main cast and supporting cast (secondaries roles)in x-men movies

X1- Mutants: ProfessorX, Magneto
, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue, Mystique, Sabretooth, Toad (10)

Humans: S.Kelly

X2- Mutants: ProfessorX, Magneto, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Pyro, Mystique, DeathStrike (12)
Humans: Stryker

2nd characters: Jason 143, President McKenna

X3- Mutants: ProfessorX, Magneto, Wolverine, Dark Phoenix, Cyclops, Storm, Beast, Rogue, Iceman, Kitty, Colossus, Angel, Pyro, Mystique, Juggernaut
, Callisto (16)

2nd characters: Chill, Arclight, MultipleMan, Leech, President of US, Trask, Mr Worthington

Wolverine Origins- Mutants: Wolverine, Victor Creed, Kayla, Gambit, Kestrel, Agent Zero, Deadpool, Blob, Bolt
(9)
Humans: Stryker

2nd characters: Scott Summers, Emma

1st Class- Mutants: Xavier, Erik, Sebastian Shaw, Emma, Mystique, Beast, Havok, Banshee, Azazel, Riptide, Angel, Darwin (12)
Humans: McTaggert

The Wolverine- Mutants: Wolverine, Silver Samurai (2)
Humans: Shingen, Mariko, Yukio, Viper

2nd characters: Minister Mori

CyclopsSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #130
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Now I will admit that I did not think the comatose guy was Xavier's twin. When I saw it I thought it was nothing more than some random guy that was shown in Moira's earlier video.

Now that guy is supposed to be Xavier's twin? I thought Singer wanted to fix all of this garbage, not perpetuate it!

Ok, even if he is the twin (and yes, I remember that the voice was the same), will Singer go that route? Will the movie start right after X3, or a couple of years later, like 2013 for example? Wouldn't he need to explain how Xavier is alive if this is post X3?

I would prefer him to just not have Xavier alive at the start, have Storm running the show, have a new baddie (like Fitzroy) go back in time, which alters the present so it's a new timeline with Xavier alive. And yes, Cyclops and Jean could be alive too...

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #131
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Oh, just read we have a new addition to the cast...

Adan Canto...

Let the speculating begin...

First, he made some comment about "bursting into a ball of fire" when asked about this...

Is he Sunspot? Is he Sunfire? Is he a recast for Pyro?

Or is he saying something to mess with our heads?

He has a Spanish type look to him, which could be good for Sunspot.

He could pull off Gambit looks wise (not sure about accent)...

Could he be an older Forge to BooBoo's younger 1973 Forge?

So, let the speculating begin...

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #132
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
Now I will admit that I did not think the comatose guy was Xavier's twin. When I saw it I thought it was nothing more than some random guy that was shown in Moira's earlier video.

Now that guy is supposed to be Xavier's twin? I thought Singer wanted to fix all of this garbage, not perpetuate it!

Ok, even if he is the twin (and yes, I remember that the voice was the same), will Singer go that route? Will the movie start right after X3, or a couple of years later, like 2013 for example? Wouldn't he need to explain how Xavier is alive if this is post X3?

I would prefer him to just not have Xavier alive at the start, have Storm running the show, have a new baddie (like Fitzroy) go back in time, which alters the present so it's a new timeline with Xavier alive. And yes, Cyclops and Jean could be alive too...
Clearly, they need Xavier to be alive and functional at the start of the story, possibly because his powers are required for a mindlink with the past or something like that.

There was speculation on here at an earlier stage that it would be an alternate future (where Xavier, Scott, Jean could be alive). They were all being hunted to extinction so they changed the past and ended up creating the timeline of the original trilogy. The problem with that is that Xavier, Scott and Jean are doomed to death in the alternate future (hence needing to change it) and are doomed to death in the original trilogy (except Xavier transferred his mind).

It now appears to be a future beyond X3. But we really don't know for sure what they have in mind, to be honest.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #133
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

We now have 17 actors in the movie.

I just hope they would kill the minor villains or at least make it look like that they are not gonna appear in the next movie. So the scenario that happened with the Hellfire Club won't happen again.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote