The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 02:33 AM   #276
herolee10
S.H.H. Survivor
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 18,654
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post

EPIC looking villain.
I'm so happy that Thor finally gets to have a strong villain that isn't Loki for once within the MCU.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:37 AM   #277
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,778
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm so happy that Thor finally gets to have a strong villain that isn't Loki for once within the MCU.
Agreed. Plus throw in the possibly unseen Kurse and Thor has some serious foes.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 AM   #278
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!
 
Doctor Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 6,424
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post

EPIC looking villain.
He looks incredible. This is the performance I'm most excited for.

__________________
ben: hello im ben...
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=453945
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

______________
\__\_l_l_/__/
\_______/
l_
l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Doctor Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #279
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 35,648
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm so happy that Thor finally gets to have a strong villain that isn't Loki for once within the MCU.
This is only his second film.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #280
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 21,151
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

He looks great in the trailer, though I'm not sure if he's gonna be a great villain.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | BEAST | PORTRAYED BY KELSEY GRAMMER
"Wolverine, I heard you're quite an animal" - X3
"Good morning Logan, late start" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:34 AM   #281
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,972
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
He looks great in the trailer, though I'm not sure if he's gonna be a great villain.
We don't know if Mandarin or Zod will be great villains either.

__________________
Quote:
"I knew there was something wrong, it just took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it, but you survived the destruction because you caused it. Raina wasn't the only one changed in there, and I'm pretty sure the DNA results that I'm running right now will confirm that there's nothing wrong with the data in my head Skye, there's something wrong with you."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #282
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 21,151
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
We don't know if Mandarin or Zod will be great villains either.
You know, people can speculate.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | BEAST | PORTRAYED BY KELSEY GRAMMER
"Wolverine, I heard you're quite an animal" - X3
"Good morning Logan, late start" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #283
Superhero 101
DESI
 
Superhero 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,345
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Eccleston looks elfin creepy!

__________________
2016 The Epic Year of Superheroes on Screen: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Spider-man, Iron Man, Captain America, Falcon, Black Panther, Gambit, Storm, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Nightcrawler, Deadpool, Colossus
Superhero 101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #284
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,531
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Malekith is looking really cool! I wonder what his game is?

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #285
Mexxecutioner
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ingolstadt, Germany
Posts: 68
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Can someone tell me how to pronounce Malekith the right way? I'm German and having problems with it.

I think he looks awesome in the Teaser Trailer. Looking forward to a "real" trailer.

Mexxecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #286
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,972
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexxecutioner View Post
Can someone tell me how to pronounce Malekith the right way? I'm German and having problems with it.

I think he looks awesome in the Teaser Trailer. Looking forward to a "real" trailer.
MAL-eh-kith

__________________
Quote:
"I knew there was something wrong, it just took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it, but you survived the destruction because you caused it. Raina wasn't the only one changed in there, and I'm pretty sure the DNA results that I'm running right now will confirm that there's nothing wrong with the data in my head Skye, there's something wrong with you."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #287
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,234
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Man, this is going to be the Lord of the Rings of Marvel films for sure!!

__________________
“The line between good and evil does not lie between “us” and “them,” between the West and the rest, between Left and Right, between rich and poor. That fateful line runs down the middle of each of us, every human society, every individual.”
N.T. Wright, Surprised by Scripture: Engaging Contemporary Issues
Destructus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:09 AM   #288
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 40,969
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

I remember when elves were suppose to be..cute with rosey cheeks.

__________________
Quote:
"For me, I hope people take away when they see 'The Force Awakens' is the sense that in the most ordinary life, the most extraordinary things can happen."

"Star Wars is a western and fairy tale as much as anything else."


-- J.J. Abrams
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #289
herolee10
S.H.H. Survivor
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 18,654
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
This is only his second film.
Technically though, it's his third appearance.lol

I mean everyone else has had at least one other major villain to face.

1. Captain America has gone toe to toe with the Red Skull and Loki

2. Hulk has gone up against Ross, Abomination, and Loki

3. Iron Man has had the likes of the Iron Monger, Vanko, Loki, and now Mandarin/A.I.M to contend with.


Thor on the other hand mainly had Loki to deal with in both his previous solo film and in "The Avengers". I wouldn't really count Laufey as someone that he's had to deal with because they only shared one scene/sequence with each other and there were no real physical contact made between them.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #290
Doc Ock
The Spider-Totem Awakens
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 8,729
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
Eccleston looks elfin creepy!
Elfin FANTASTIC!

__________________
Keep Hope Alive: Fox's days are numbered.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #291
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,296
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Technically though, it's his third appearance.lol

I mean everyone else has had at least one other major villain to face.

1. Captain America has gone toe to toe with the Red Skull and Loki

2. Hulk has gone up against Ross, Abomination, and Loki

3. Iron Man has had the likes of the Iron Monger, Vanko, Loki, and now Mandarin/A.I.M to contend with.


Thor on the other hand mainly had Loki to deal with in both his previous solo film and in "The Avengers". I wouldn't really count Laufey as someone that he's had to deal with because they only shared one scene/sequence with each other and there were no real physical contact made between them.
At the same time no one has really had more drama related to their villain than Thor, and at least it was his villain that could come up with a threat that required The Avengers.

However I do agree with you that it's great to see a new villain for Thor. Both in order to see something new and in order to get a new dynamic between him and Loki, which remains a hugely interesting point for me.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #292
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 8,721
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

I'm very excited to see Eccleston's performance. Personally I preferred his Doctor to Tennant's, but that's just me. He was one of the few bright spots to the first G.I. Joe.

__________________
"If you step out that door, you're an Avenger" - Hawkeye
Tony Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #293
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 8,721
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
At the same time no one has really had more drama related to their villain than Thor, and at least it was his villain that could come up with a threat that required The Avengers.

However I do agree with you that it's great to see a new villain for Thor. Both in order to see something new and in order to get a new dynamic between him and Loki, which remains a hugely interesting point for me.
The closest villain to Loki in any franchise is McKellum's magneto. Hiddleston has just taken that character to an all time high, and he will long be remembered for this role.

But yes, this movie had to have something else, and Malekith was the perfect choice. Plus the fact that his presence and magic have forced an alliance between Thor and Loki makes this film all the more epic.

__________________
"If you step out that door, you're an Avenger" - Hawkeye
Tony Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #294
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,296
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
The closest villain to Loki in any franchise is McKellum's magneto. Hiddleston has just taken that character to an all time high, and he will long be remembered for this role.

But yes, this movie had to have something else, and Malekith was the perfect choice. Plus the fact that his presence and magic have forced an alliance between Thor and Loki makes this film all the more epic.
I agree, it's only Magneto that can compete and in terms of chemistry Magneto and Xavier can compare to Loki and Thor.

That makes me yet again become sad that Fantastic Four was so bad. Loki, Magneto and Dr. Doom are my three favorite villains. Then again, if I can actually get two of my favorites extremely well casted (Fassbender is also great as Magneto imo) I guess I can live with one being massacred.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #295
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 8,721
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I agree, it's only Magneto that can compete and in terms of chemistry Magneto and Xavier can compare to Loki and Thor.

That makes me yet again become sad that Fantastic Four was so bad. Loki, Magneto and Dr. Doom are my three favorite villains. Then again, if I can actually get two of my favorites extremely well casted (Fassbender is also great as Magneto imo) I guess I can live with one being massacred.
I think McMahon might have made a great Dr. Doom, I really liked him in Nip Tuck, and when he was on charmed. I think the character of Doom was written so poorly that he was hamstrung in what he could have done. It was really sad. There are moments when you see how good it might have been, diluded by massive face palm moments of "Marco....Polo", or "let's go for a spin!"

I sincerely hope when they do the reboot, they get people on it who are serious about doing the character right. It's like the people on the first film tried to make an amalgamation of Norman Osborne and Doom, and it totally failed.

I think the way Magneto and Loki were written with subtlety and multiple layers of complexity, are exactly what are needed for Doom.

At one time the FF movies were a bit of a guilty pleasure, because I loved those books as a kid, but now I can't watch them at all, after all the Marvel Studio films came out, and are light years better.

__________________
"If you step out that door, you're an Avenger" - Hawkeye
Tony Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #296
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick
 
MahvelBaby!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 3,283
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

just to be clear...that was Eccleston as Malekith speaking towards the end of the trailer right? If so, he sounds pretty chilling to me.

I was a bit worried they'd go over the top with him.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #297
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
just to be clear...that was Eccleston as Malekith speaking towards the end of the trailer right? If so, he sounds pretty chilling to me.

I was a bit worried they'd go over the top with him.
Considering that the comic-book version was basically an 80s glam rocker elf wizard? Yeah, they definitely could've gone over the top.

I think Loki will, as always, be the most fascinating villain to watch here, but Ecc seems to be bringing a quiet menace to the role of Malekith. Which is good. (Still can't wait to see AAA as Kurse.)

But I can't help but wonder if the alleged comic-book "purists" will come crawling out of the woodwork again to wail and moan and gnash their teeth about re-envisioning Malekith the same way some of them are for Mandarin in IM3.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #298
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,309
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Considering that the comic-book version was basically an 80s glam rocker elf wizard? Yeah, they definitely could've gone over the top.

I think Loki will, as always, be the most fascinating villain to watch here, but Ecc seems to be bringing a quiet menace to the role of Malekith. Which is good. (Still can't wait to see AAA as Kurse.)

But I can't help but wonder if the alleged comic-book "purists" will come crawling out of the woodwork again to wail and moan and gnash their teeth about re-envisioning Malekith the same way some of them are for Mandarin in IM3.
it'll be the opposite! they will complain Mal got a power boost while in IM3 they complain about the rings not being magical

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #299
Incredible Hans
I'm always hungry!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 904
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Considering that the comic-book version was basically an 80s glam rocker elf wizard? Yeah, they definitely could've gone over the top.



Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #300
Incredible Hans
I'm always hungry!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 904
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith



Then baby said
Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
Dance magic, dance (dance magic, dance)
Put that baby spell on me
Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)
Jump magic, jump (jump magic, jump)...

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.