The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #976
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
MOS 1-Zod and Zoners invade
MOS 2-Lex and AntiSuperman Army
MOS 3-Braniac and Warworld
This. Lex would provide a threat that isn't physical, he would attack Supes on a mental level that we didn't get with MOS, it shows us something new in the series and we see a different side to Cavill's supes that we haven't seen before while the anti-superman army/robots whatever would provide whatever adrenaline/action that fans would need for a release.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 AM   #977
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Not really. Batman still didn't get to do his thing as far as I'm concerned when it came to the action. But that's a story for another thread.
Yeah ok but you get what I mean, Batman gets to drives his car, do the chases, do the fights without the need for an actual physical villain.

come on guy! work with me!

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 AM   #978
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
This. Lex would provide a threat that isn't physical, he would attack Supes on a mental level that we didn't get with MOS, it shows us something new in the series and we see a different side to Cavill's supes that we haven't seen before while the anti-superman army/robots whatever would provide whatever adrenaline/action that fans would need for a release.
Exactly

A good idea for MOS 2 would be for Lex to create an army of Metahumans using the Kryptonian genetic technology left behind by Zod and/or Ancient Kryptonians.

This Army would probably consist of a host of Superman earth villains like Parasite,Kryptonite Man etc.The Army will serve as the physical threat in MOS 2.Lex probably will create them under the guise of protecting the earth from Alien invasions whilst uing them to establish his rule over the earth.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 AM   #979
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Yeah ok but you get what I mean, Batman gets to drives his car, do the chases, do the fights without the need for an actual physical villain.

come on guy! work with me!
lol! I do get what you mean.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #980
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I can't wait to see how this movie sets an example for cbms following it, mainly in 2015 like TA2 and FF Reborn. Like the action in TA2 will have to exceed or be better than what is in MOS if Marvel knows what they're doing.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:33 AM   #981
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Ι want to see doomsday in the future.Maybe in the last movie.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #982
dark_b
Side-Kick

in the Thor trailer you can see the damaged teared up red cape.i hope we get this in MOS. it looks very good.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #983
Project862006
Banned User

LOLOL i think this guy had an orgasm

trailer reaction
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #984
dark_b
Side-Kick

pathetic fake video

Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #985
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

trailer reaction
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dear god, the guy sounds like he has been gassed with Joker toxin or something. I wonder how he could hear any of the lines over his own laughter to react to.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #986
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:

trailer reaction
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Is that the same guy who did the famous Smallville finale reaction video? Because if not those two deserve one another

Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #987
Smallville13
Side-Kick

So the 4 confirmed Kryptonians Superman will be fighting is Zod, Faora, Tor-An and Dev-Em plus potentially an army of robots plus the Black Zero itself. Supes sure does have his work cut out for him in this one.

Since we know that after the battle in Smallville ends with Superman surrendering himself to the US Military, I wonder how the conflict with Zod, Faora and Tor-An will resolve there. I hope Faora doesn't kill Martha Kent.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #988
DKDetective

Honestly, based on the villain discussions we have been having, I hope they don't include an army of robots in MoS. I think the 4 Kryptonians and their ship is enough. Otherwise, I feel like it would make villains like Brainiac or some sort of anti-Superman army feel repetitive.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #989
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Honestly, based on the villain discussions we have been having, I hope they don't include an army of robots in MoS. I think the 4 Kryptonians and their ship is enough. Otherwise, I feel like it would make villains like Brainiac or some sort of anti-Superman army feel repetitive.
Repetitive, redundant...if they keep doing superpowered villains that supes can throw through buildings and they climax each film with the same knock down drag out brawl throughout the city, then it's going to get old real fast I doubt they will do that.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #990
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Repetitive, redundant...if they keep doing superpowered villains that supes can throw through buildings and they climax each film with the same knock down drag out brawl throughout the city, then it's going to get old real fast I doubt they will do that.
Hasn't the last few pages determined that that's what every Superman film needs?

Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #991
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Been waiting for Superman to have a throwdown with robots ever since the fleschier cartoons.I really hope we see a Robot army in MOS.And no it doesnt take away from Lex and Braniac.
Zod gets a Robot army,Lex gets a Metahuman army,Braniac gets a Alien Army.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #992
Project862006
Banned User

now this is cute woman has her son watch mos trailer
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #993
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
edit* That was great.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 04-23-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #994
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^I want a gif of him waving his fist in the air around the 2:55 mark.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #995
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
the power of cinema. i like it

Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #996
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
The villian can't just be Lex. You know WB is not ever going to leave out a physical villian again after Returns.

As for Thor; I'm not hard to please, I borderline loved Captain America despite it's flaws, I just couldn't get into Thor. I HATED the humor, I hated the fake looking tiny town, I thought the visual effects were lousy, the dutch camera angle obsessed direction was annoying and the overall plot was extremely silly. I loved Hemsworth as Thor though and bringing it back to Superman please let Cavill be as good as Hemsworth!
Oh my goodness!!! Yes! Someone who gets me!! Some directors kill me with that angle.
Had to say that before the thread slammed shut in my face.
Thor was a very confusing movie. Really good performances from the leads and yet I almost hate that movie.

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia
Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #997
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXcalibur View Post
go argue with the mods again about who dropped what news lol. i had to laugh at you and jamie arguing a while back cause you both probably make up half your info with "logic" lmao everyone wants to appear in the know. don't quit your dayjobs fellas. now where is showtime to reveal his secret script from the wb? jk
On several occasions you've brought up Jamie or myself. U seem more interested in what we are saying than talking about superman. Kind of creepy. Start posting more about superman or you won't be posting here at all. Hello.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #998
DKDetective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Been waiting for Superman to have a throwdown with robots ever since the fleschier cartoons.I really hope we see a Robot army in MOS.And no it doesnt take away from Lex and Braniac.
Zod gets a Robot army,Lex gets a Metahuman army,Braniac gets a Alien Army.
That is as repetitive as it gets. It doesn't matter that they are different armies, the fact that they are armies is what is repetitive. It's the same fight dynamic every time. There are far more creative ways to structure the conflicts. Wouldn't it be more interesting and exciting to have different climax fights that challenge Superman in different ways? Eg. One film is one on one grudge match, another is Superman dealing with a superpowered enemy that drains his powers, another is Superman dealing with a gigantic alien monster, and then you can have Brainiac's army and it feels special. I'm not saying we should have a film without a superpowered villain or a climax without a CGI-filled brawl for the masses, I'm just say they should mix up the format/situation of the fight.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #999
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Hasn't the last few pages determined that that's what every Superman film needs?
It hasn't determined anything, other than showing that a few people would prefer the next villain not be lex luthor, which is a fair point considering how he's been in 4 superman films to date. That's all. I remain wholly unconvinced that any superhero film needs a physical threat main villain to work and I think previous successfull comic book films that go against that make the argument for me.

And no. it being Superman makes no difference either, Lex Luthor not being a physical threat in SR wasn't what made SR a disappointing film devoid of action.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #1000
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

I'd really love Bizarro in the sequel.

Closed Thread