The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #26
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Batman wasn't designed as a trilogy either.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #27
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Do you guys think Zod and Jor-El were genetically engineered? So far the articles have only mentioned Faora being engineered.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #28
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
How do people want Lex handled? Should he be well known at the start of the film? Should Clark know who he is? Or should it be more of a Joker-card scenario?
Watching things transpire, and as a cold & removed observer is how I want Lex handled. We don't need any more than that in MOS.

Though a while back I posted that if Lex was going to be the corporate businessman in MOS, I could see him somehow trying to get his hands on Zod's technology so he can use it to make his business the biggest on Earth. Even something as simple as his goons picking up some of the debris from the Kryptonians in Metropolis - at the end of the film - would be a nod in the right direction.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #29
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Do you guys think Zod and Jor-El were genetically engineered? So far the articles have only mentioned Faora being engineered.
I think Kal El is the first natural birth in a few centuries. At least that's what I hope.
The point needs to be hit on the head and a little diffusing such as his dad and a bunch of his dads contempories aren't would be diffusing. I know Nolan is prone to diffusing the point in this way, I expect different from Snyder.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #30
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

MOS's official Japanese FB page posted a short message from Henry

https://www.facebook.com/manofsteeljp

I wonder when they filmed that because he looks kinda buff.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #31
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Isn't it clear that only Clark isn't engineered and that's what makes him illegal?

"People were bred to be warriors or scientists - or what have you.."

Warrior = Zod; Scientist = Jor-El

If Zod was born natural, he'd have to hunt himself down.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #32
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=37244

I'm trying to see if this link works.
Thanks for the link, good stuff. Hopefully those (or that one guy ) who claimed Smallville is the final battle will now shut up since it's confirmed as the first big conflict in the movie. Can't wait to see the entire article.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #33
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Glad you liked the link. It wasn't much but it's an appetizer for their main article coming up.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #34
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I just re-read Superman Eradication and have ordered the 3 issues where Eradictor returns as an energy being (yet to read them so pls don't spoil it for me) and I have to say I'm really warming to the idea of the Eradicator as the villain in a future film.
Is that from the 90s? Nice. I have a huge curiosity/fascination for the early 90s Superman era, post-Byrne but pre-death. It seems they were really in the zone back then, especially with the Lex Luthor's cancer sublopt and how he later cloned himself into a younger version of himself while saying he was his own son. I'd love to know if those issues have been gathered in a paperback edition or sth.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #35
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I like the idea of the Smallville confrontation being a Western face-off.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #36
acedrake
Side-Kick

So, how many kryptonians is superman fighting in this? I saw 3 in one shot. And that punch at the end of the trailer seems to be against not zod but a henchman.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #37
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I wonder who will win the fight in Smallville. It looks like the 'Western standoff' is interupted by the military (those jets firing on Superman in the trailer, and then Faora rushing them). We know it ends with Superman surrendering to the military. So Zod and Faora will just get back in the Black Zero and leave?

Old 04-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #38
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedrake View Post
So, how many kryptonians is superman fighting in this? I saw 3 in one shot. And that punch at the end of the trailer seems to be against not zod but a henchman.
These 4:

Zod, Faora, Tor-An, and Dev-Em I believe.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #39
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like the idea of the Smallville confrontation being a Western face-off.
As do I. Some of the most memorable movie fights between 2 titans have always started off as a kind of Western duel, with both facing each other from a distance before engaging.

Think Neo vs Agent Smith in the subway scene in the first Matrix; Batman vs Bane in the sewers in TDKR; Dutch vs the Predator (unmasked) at the end of Predator 1; and so on.

I can't wait to see Superman and Zod sizing each other up on an empty Smallville street.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #40
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
These 4:

Zod, Faora, Tor-An, and Dev-Em I believe.
Between Kryptonians, battle ships and potential robot army's Superman is really gonna have his hands full in this one

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #41
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
As do I. Some of the most memorable movie fights between 2 titans have always started off as a kind of Western duel, with both facing each other from a distance before engaging.

Think Neo vs Agent Smith in the subway scene in the first Matrix; Batman vs Bane in the sewers in TDKR; Dutch vs the Predator (unmasked) at the end of Predator 1; and so on.

I can't wait to see Superman and Zod sizing each other up on an empty Smallville street.
I sure hope its better than Bane vs Batman from Rises cause both their fights in that were really poorly cheorographed.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #42
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Even the first one?!?!

I'm not really concerned about the fight scenes in MoS.
I'm concerned with pacing. Based on nothing we've seen, I just always think about that before I see a movie.

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia
Old 04-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #43
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I sure hope its better than Bane vs Batman from Rises cause both their fights in that were really poorly cheorographed.
It's not so much the choreography I'm talking about (as all fight scenes can be criticised on a technical level for something), more the anticipation and buildup. A lot of that though will be down to the fact that we as fans know we're finally about to see Superman punch something onscreen for the first time in a loooooong time

Old 04-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #44
Simo
Side-Kick

For anybody interested I managed to secure a copy of Walmart World with the new poster in it and I'll scan it when I get home.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #45
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:

This. But much bigger!

Old 04-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #46
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
Is that from the 90s? Nice. I have a huge curiosity/fascination for the early 90s Superman era, post-Byrne but pre-death. It seems they were really in the zone back then, especially with the Lex Luthor's cancer sublopt and how he later cloned himself into a younger version of himself while saying he was his own son. I'd love to know if those issues have been gathered in a paperback edition or sth.
Yeah there's several there's Superman Exile which kicks off the post Byrne era. Superman Eradictaion, Superman Krisis of the Krimson Kryptonite, Superman Panic in the Sky and Superman They Saved Luthor's Brain. There's also a few crossovers out like Legends that were before the Death but Post Byrne. Yeah I agree they were in the Zone then. I think the series started to deteoriate (god I can't spell today) after the Return.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #47
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
For anybody interested I managed to secure a copy of Walmart World with the new poster in it and I'll scan it when I get home.
Awesome !!

Old 04-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #48
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:

Old 04-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #49
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
It's not so much the choreography I'm talking about (as all fight scenes can be criticised on a technical level for something), more the anticipation and buildup. A lot of that though will be down to the fact that we as fans know we're finally about to see Superman punch something onscreen for the first time in a loooooong time
Oh yeah I get what you mean

Old 04-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #50
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Sweet!

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Closed Thread