The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #76
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

^ Dude....you may want to let go of Snyder's rocks.

And I'm pretty sure that "twist" is going to let down a lot of Iron Man fans.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #77
snyderrocks
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 167
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
If it won't attract me which I will see no matter what a big DC fan who supports Bats and Supes how will it draw the average?
boxoffice.com has put out their long term prediction 108 Million Opening Weekend Total for Zack Snyder's Man of Steel and a long term Domestic Gross 325,000,000 .


Last edited by snyderrocks; 04-22-2013 at 05:05 PM.
snyderrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #78
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold
 
SoNicRaDiATioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,774
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Okay, seriously guys. Superman's my dude, but when people get blown out of an airplane, and Tony is all like "Quiet moments like these I love being a superhero..." you can't help but love that... and if somehow your zeal for Superman's pre-eminence does so, it doesn't do that for most. IM3 is going to be ridiculously epic and unless it makes a significant mis-step, it has the potential to make a billion dollars.



This is also true. MOS will almost certainly be a better film, and if the [mild spoiler: whining about some twist] is accurate, a better received film. And it's not like MOS won't be wildly successful, it's just... sequel power is nothing to sneeze at, neither is the Avengers box office and it's spillover effect to the tributary films' sequels.
How will it almost certainly be a better film? Based on a 2 min trailer? Speilberg isn't directing this thing is he....? I liked the trailer as much as the next guy, but how about we actually see these films befiore making such proclamations. It's FAAAR from certain at this point. The only thing certain is people painting their subjective viewpionts as fact.

Critics aren't going to give a damn about some plot twist (and I'm sure most fans won't either if it works). If anything, critics may like it more. It won't be the breaking point for the film, that's for sure.

__________________
AvengersWinterSoldierX2GuardiansDoFP
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #79
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,560
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
look I am sure many people don't agree with me about Henry being the better actor because Robert's been around longer
They most probably don't agree with you because they have a different OPINION about it than you do. OPINIONS are not quantifiable FACTS. They are personal choices.

But I have to wonder...how much of your opinion of his better acting abilities is actually based upon his acting? Downey has approximately 43 years of experience behind him and multiple acting awards and nominations, Cavill has around 12 years acting experience and a quick search shows no major acting awards (although I could have missed something). Yes, as you said, many people consider the longer you do something the better you get at it...so some will like Downey more for that reason. Personally, from what I have seen of both of their careers (and with me being 56 years old and an avid movie and TV watcher, I have seen a lot of the both of them) I would have to say that i believe at this point that Downey is the better actor. And before you shout bias or some such thing let me tell you.....I have never been a great fan of Downey. As a matter of fact, for a long time I detested the man.

Also, when I check your profile....I see you belong to Superman Fan Club Social group and you post primarily in DC comics characters forums.....so is it any surprise that you choose the actor who will playing the next Superman in a DC based movie over an actor in a Marvel movie? So I have to wonder again....are your statements really about ACTING ABILITY or are they simply a "fan" reaction to the comic character of your preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
but in 2005 at age 22 Henry was nearly cast as 007 ,
The list of people nearly cast as Bond over the years would astound you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
and it is not everyday a 22 year Henry Cavill could give a more experienced actor like Daniel Craig a run for his money and end up being the runner up for the role
Actually...it happens all the time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
that sounds like a legend in the making to me
That sounds like a Tuesday in Hollywood to me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
the sky's the the limit for his career because
That's a general pleasantry that can be said for anyone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
everybody knows batman begins was better then iron man .
In....Your....Opinion. Because NOT EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.....that is the opinion of some....some people think Iron Man was better....some think Howard the Duck was better.....hell, someone somewhere thinks Plan 9 From Outer Space was better. That's the great thing about opinions.....they are allowed to be different from other people's.

I personally liked both movies....I thought that BB was the best of the Nolan trilogy (in my opinion they got worse as the trilogy continued)....and thought that IM was good take on the character.


Last edited by C. Lee; 04-22-2013 at 06:34 PM.
C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #80
snyderrocks
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 167
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
They most probably don't agree with you because they have a different OPINION about it than you do. OPINIONS are not quantifiable FACTS. They are personal choices.

But I have to wonder...how much of your opinion of his better acting abilities is actually based upon his acting? Downey has approximately 43 years of experience behind him and multiple acting awards and nominations, Cavill has around 12 years acting experience and a quick search shows no major acting awards (although I could have missed something). Yes, as you said, many people consider the longer you do something the better you get at it...so some will like Downey more for that reason. Personally, from what I have seen of both of their careers (and with me being 56 years old and an avid movie and TV watcher, I have seen a lot of the both of them) I would have to say that i believe at this point that Downey is the better actor. And before you shout bias or some such thing let me tell you.....I have never been a great fan of Downey. As a matter of fact, for a long time I detested the man.

Also, when I check your profile....I see you belong to Superman Fan Club Social group and you post primarily in DC comics characters forums.....so is it any surprise that you choose the actor who will playing the next Superman in a DC based movie over an actor in a Marvel movie? So I have to wonder again....are your statements really about ACTING ABILITY or are they simply a "fan" reaction to the comic character of your preference.

The list of people nearly cast as Bond over the years would astound you.


Actually...it happens all the time.


That sounds like a Tuesday in Hollywood to me.


That's a general pleasantry that can be said for anyone.


In....Your....Opinion. Because NOT EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.....that is the opinion of some....some people think Iron Man was better....some think Howard the Duck was better.....hell, someone somewhere thinks Plan 9 From Outer Space was better. That's the great thing about opinions.....they are allowed to be different from other people's.

I personally liked both movies....I thought that BB was the best of the Nolan trilogy (in my opinion they got worse as the trilogy continued)....and thought that IM was good take on the character.
I have watched stardust , the Tudors , immortals , and the movie he just made with Bruce Willis and my dad is half British i know how many people missed out for 007 but my point regarding Henry at age 22 he would have been 007 had director martin Campbell gotten his way but we all know what happened Craig won it and got nominated for the bafta for it and how could i be biased towards Henry because he is superman and i post in dc forms when i would have preferred Henry as 007 then as the man of steel ?


Last edited by snyderrocks; 04-22-2013 at 08:34 PM.
snyderrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #81
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,560
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
I have watched stardust , the Tudors , immortals , and the movie he just made with Bruce Willis and my dad is half British i know how many people missed out for 007 but my point regarding Henry at age 22 he would have been 007 had director martin Campbell gotten his way but we all know what happened Craig won it and got nominated for the bafta for it and how could i be biased towards Henry because he is superman and i post in dc forms when i would have preferred Henry as 007 then as the man of steel ?
First thing, not trying to be rude, but some kind of punctuation really makes run on sentences easier to understand.

In answer to the part of your post that I bolded above.....

You are a Superman fan.
You are a DC comics fan.
In a thread about which would do better... a Marvel movie or a DC movie, you are the one that stated that the younger, and not as experienced, nor as rewarded by his peers, actor appearing in an upcoming DC movie, is 10 times the actor as the one that has 30 years more experience and multiple awards and nominations in the acting field (who also happens to be in a Marvel movie). Sounds like bias to me.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #82
jacobed
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,646
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

I've seen Iron Man 3 and yeah definitely going with Man of Steel. Iron Man 3 did not impress me one bit, I thought it was barely better than Iron Man 2

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #83
snyderrocks
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 167
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
First thing, not trying to be rude, but some kind of punctuation really makes run on sentences easier to understand.

In answer to the part of your post that I bolded above.....

You are a Superman fan.
You are a DC comics fan.
In a thread about which would do better... a Marvel movie or a DC movie, you are the one that stated that the younger, and not as experienced, nor as rewarded by his peers, actor appearing in an upcoming DC movie, is 10 times the actor as the one that has 30 years more experience and multiple awards and nominations in the acting field (who also happens to be in a Marvel movie). Sounds like bias to me.
you do know Robert was almost lex luthor in mcg's superman that would have also stared Henry Cavill in the title role so how would i be bias towards Robert ?


Last edited by snyderrocks; 04-22-2013 at 09:15 PM.
snyderrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #84
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,560
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
you do know Robert was almost lex luthor in mcg's superman that would have also stared Henry Cavill in the title role so how would i bias towards Robert ?
I've explained why I feel that way twice now. I'm not going over it again.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #85
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
I've seen Iron Man 3 and yeah definitely going with Man of Steel. Iron Man 3 did not impress me one bit, I thought it was barely better than Iron Man 2
After hearing of the "twist", I wonder myself if I will even like IM3 better than the 2nd one.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
At least the villains are who they are in IM2

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #86
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,606
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

I'm leaning toward Man of Steel. I like the way Extremis looks to be used in IM3 and giving Tony PTSD; however the rumored twist...sounds like a bad rip whose success will depend on emulating the subtlety seen in the twist's source. I will reserve final judgment until I see the films, of course.

C.Lee, what're your thoughts on Iron-Man 2?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toll The Hounds
“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #87
snyderrocks
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 167
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
I've seen Iron Man 3 and yeah definitely going with Man of Steel. Iron Man 3 did not impress me one bit, I thought it was barely better than Iron Man 2
Wow iron man 3 was being hyped like skyfall it is a real shame that with all Robert's star power he has over at Disney / marvel that his choice to replace Jon as the director , Shane black could not seem to do much better and Robert had the nerve to trash talk tdk / dc comics back in 2008 ?

snyderrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #88
snyderrocks
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 167
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
I'm leaning toward Man of Steel. I like the way Extremis looks to be used in IM3 and giving Tony PTSD; however the rumored twist...sounds like a bad rip whose success will depend on emulating the subtlety seen in the twist's source. I will reserve final judgment until I see the films, of course.

C.Lee, what're your thoughts on Iron-Man 2?
the twist sounds like somebody at disney called my boy M. Night in to do some uncredited rewrite work or something .

snyderrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #89
snyderrocks
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 167
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I've explained why I feel that way twice now. I'm not going over it again.
okay that's up to you anyway i just can't believe how my Henry Cavill remark got sliced and diced because i am a dc fan when all i was saying was that Henry was cast as superman two different times . and gave a more experienced actor with awards a run for his money for a chance to play 007 at age 22 , Henry who is capable of playing bond and superman must be more talented then Robert a man who gets millions just to play a self portrait of himself as tony stark .


Last edited by snyderrocks; 04-23-2013 at 12:21 AM.
snyderrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:49 AM   #90
cryptic name
No Limits
 
cryptic name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 8,936
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Really looking forward to both. I'd say I'm slightly more excited for Man of Steel only because I'm curious about a new version of Superman, whereas I know I like the Iron Man movies.

__________________
"All I really need to know is this: Batman always comes back, bigger and better, shiny and new. Batman never dies. It never ends. It probably never will."

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #91
tek
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 170
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

cavill a better actor than Downey? lol just no. and i like the look of Cavill's superman

tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #92
baerrtt
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 676
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Regarding Cavill being a better actor than RDJ....Downey, in his younger days, was tipped as a future star because aside from his good looks he possessed charisma and great dramatic and comedic talent. From his SNL stint to LESS THAN ZERO to CHAPLIN alone you knew this guy would make it on far more than just having a pretty face girls and gay guys could squee over.

Cavill, imo, in everything I've seen him in so far is precisely the kind of young actor who gets big opportunities because he has a marketable look and nothing more. He comes across to me as a bland performer(so far in his career though he may get better) and if anything the only time I've been impressed with his acting is the snippets of the interview scene with Amy Adams' Lois in the MOS trailer. He nearly got Bond because he stereotypically looked the part because I don't genuinely believe, then anyway, that if he had been cast in CR he would have been as good as Craig however good the material was.

baerrtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #93
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

I'm thinking IM3 will be a more daring film than MoS. I think MoS will play it safe and won't take too many risks, while with IM3 it seems like Black and Pierce constantly try and subvert expectations.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #94
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,560
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post

C.Lee, what're your thoughts on Iron-Man 2?
I liked it. Not as much as Iron Man 1....but I had a good time with it. I personally felt that Sam Rockwell's part was in the wrong movie (he did great with what he did, but he acted like he was supposed to be in a comedy)....I've never been a big Mickey Rourke fan, but I put up with him and his boid....Scarlett looked fantastic and I loved her fight scenes....I was happy that Cheadle came on board as Rhodey (I preferred him over Howard). I understood Stark's acting erratically because he thought he was going to die and that the end action scene was good. So, as I said earlier...it wasn't as good overall as the first one, but it was still good and fun to watch to me.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #95
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,560
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Like Michael Corleone said...just when I thought I was out....they drag me back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
okay that's up to you anyway i just can't believe how my Henry Cavill remark got sliced and diced because i am a dc fan when all i was saying was that Henry was cast as superman two different times . and gave a more experienced actor with awards a run for his money for a chance to play 007 at age 22 ,
Uh....your statement that got me involved in this discussion was NOT about how Henry was a great actor because he almost became Bond and did become Superman.

Here is your post that brought me in here http://forums.superherohype.com/show...7&postcount=50 which says and Henry Cavill is ten times the actor Robert Downey Jr is . ....this lead to a poster insulting you, and I came in and deleted and infracted the post....but I also wished to address the post you made, and did so here http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9&postcount=58 which says You're entitled to your opinion....but I don't think you will find many that agree with that statement. Judge them by their actual acting roles, not which superhero they are playing or their looks. As you can see....you have made no mention of Cavill being a better actor because he almost became Bond but did become Superman, but I have already suggested that your comment was based upon being a DC/Superman fan more than on two separate actors actual acting abilities (and my statement was based upon my looking at your profile and posting history which showed an overwhelming preference to DC characters over Marvel ones). And let me state...I don't care if someone likes one group over the other (I personally like all comic characters and don't divide them)....I was just pointing out how you had an obvious bias, and thus your original statement should be taken with a grain of salt.


Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
Henry who is capable of playing bond and superman must be more talented then Robert a man who gets millions just to play a self portrait of himself as tony stark .
You obviously have a very limited movie watching experience.

You say that Cavill is a better actor than Downey because Cavill is capable of playing James Bond and Superman (two heroic figures)....but that Downey only plays himself.

Robert Downey Jr only plays himself?......he has played billionaire genius alcoholic Tony Stark, reknowned sleuth Sherlock Holmes, a newspaper journalist that helps a homeless man, a crazed actor that dons blackface to play an African American, a corrupt federal agent that kills a US Marshal, a CIA financed pilot, legendary comedian Charles Chaplin, drug addicted teenager, etc.....

I did not get into this conversation because you said that Cavill was better than Downey because Cavill was almost Bond and did become Superman....I came into this conversation because you said that Caville was 10 times the actor that Downey was. I did not get into this conversation because I don't like Caville. I like him. From what I have seen he is a decent actor and really looks good in the part of Superman. I did not come into this conversation because I love Downey. I spent most of his career not liking him as a person but liking his performances. I did not come into this conversation because I am a Dc fan. I did not come into this conversation because I am a Marvel fan. I came into the conversation because I saw some one who was obviously a young poster making a grand sweeping statement as fact when he quite obviously was only a DC/Superman fan posting the equivilant of "my daddy can beat up your daddy" on the schoolyard.


Last edited by C. Lee; 04-23-2013 at 03:22 PM.
C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #96
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 6,344
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
How will it almost certainly be a better film? Based on a 2 min trailer? Speilberg isn't directing this thing is he....? I liked the trailer as much as the next guy, but how about we actually see these films befiore making such proclamations. It's FAAAR from certain at this point. The only thing certain is people painting their subjective viewpionts as fact.

Critics aren't going to give a damn about some plot twist (and I'm sure most fans won't either if it works). If anything, critics may like it more. It won't be the breaking point for the film, that's for sure.
As you sarcastically indicate, the talent behind something is a strong indicator of quality. True, it's not absolutely certain, but MOS has a better story person on story (Nolan) and a better action guy on action (Snyder) and a theme that's deeper and much more far reaching than IM's tech thriller character study. It has notably higher quality actors, with the exceptions of RDJ and Kingsley when compared to the lead hero and villain, and MOS has a higher budget. One of those things would have to be mis-utilized in order for MOS not to be a better film overall, and there's no indication of that happening, but you're right, it is possible and it is subjective. Some people think Superman Returns was superior to Batman Begins. There's nothing to change that, but I'm still going to say Batman Begins was obviously a better film, as though it were a fact, because by any objective standard, assuming such exists, it is.

I won't comment much on the plot twist, because I don't want to know any more about it than I already do. If it works or not, critics will certainly comment on such an important story point, that's their job. And while it may not break the film, if it is anticlimactic/contrived, like the one in TDKR, it will cause the film to be less well received.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #97
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,529
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

I am a DC fan. (I admit.)

But, it is ridiculous to say that Henry Cavill is Ten times better actor than a senior actor like Robert Downey Jr.

A big credit for making Iron Man franchise and Avengers successful goes to RDJ. Same for WB's Sherlock Homes movies. Not to mention multiple critically acclaimed movies.

I like Superman, but Iron Man 3 is going to be this year's most successful movie.

Now, I think that MOS will be really good movie that has potential to make Superman popular again and it will make about 700 mil worldwide. It certainly looks a lot better than Superman II, Superman III, Superman IV and Superman Returns.

I cannot understand naysayers who don't like MOS simply because of Snyder's other movies or because Nolan is involved with it or because it is following a "grounded" approach.

Edit: For IM 3, i don't mind plot twist whatever that is, as I liked TDKR and the ending did not stop it from becoming a successful movie, regardless of the fact that some fans were not in favor of that.

__________________

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 04-23-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #98
Visualiza
What is a yout?
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,466
Thumbs up Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Hard to say at this point, and while I won't outright declare IM3 to be a winner, I'm more optimistic about this film than MoS.

I seem to be in the minority, but I think the twist in IM 3 sounds very clever, and I like just about everything else I've read about the movie thus far.

As for MoS, I can't quite draw a bead on it just yet, although mostly due to the lack of info. Loved the 2nd trailer, but wasn't too impressed by the 3rd. Visually, I find it very appealing; everything from Supes costume, to the FX, and the cinematography look incredible.

Cast? Tossup; they both look stellar to me. If I had to choose, I'd give IM3 the edge, if only for the fact that the stars have proven themselves to complement each other well in these roles. Box office take? I'd say IM3, but the buzz for MoS has been off the charts as of late, so it's anyone's guess, really. If both films are equally good, I'd say IM rakes in more due to recent successes in the MCU. Either way, the stage is set for one Hell of a summer season.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #99
snyderrocks
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 167
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by baerrtt View Post
Regarding Cavill being a better actor than RDJ....Downey, in his younger days, was tipped as a future star because aside from his good looks he possessed charisma and great dramatic and comedic talent. From his SNL stint to LESS THAN ZERO to CHAPLIN alone you knew this guy would make it on far more than just having a pretty face girls and gay guys could squee over.

Cavill, imo, in everything I've seen him in so far is precisely the kind of young actor who gets big opportunities because he has a marketable look and nothing more. He comes across to me as a bland performer(so far in his career though he may get better) and if anything the only time I've been impressed with his acting is the snippets of the interview scene with Amy Adams' Lois in the MOS trailer. He nearly got Bond because he stereotypically looked the part because I don't genuinely believe, then anyway, that if he had been cast in CR he would have been as good as Craig however good the material was.
I watch snl all the time but robert had a 18 episode stint , less then zero was when Robert was like 22 , Chaplin was like 28/ 29 , at age 22 Henry was being eyed for bond and around the same time mcg wanted him for his superman now at age 29 . where is Henry today ? he is the man of steel and is strong contender to play christian grey any way you slice it and dice it Henry is better then Robert then and now .

snyderrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #100
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 11,761
Default Re: Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderrocks View Post
strong contender to play christian grey


Yes, yes, I totally see it now... Cavill IS a better actor than RDJ. No other actor can handle that role.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.