The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #76
elgaz
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

I've a feeling the cameo will be Marc McClure (Jimmy Olsen in Superman). He cameo'd in a Smallville episode too. And he's got that bank teller 'look'

Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #77
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

That's the kind of cameo I certainly don't want...

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #78
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
No, they said the cameo is in Smallville. And a bank teller. Which makes sense. Superman is tossed into the vault, camera pans over and we see "insert name here ____" for a reaction , plus there's a photo somewhere of a man in a suit and hat on the set like what Chris Reeve wore in the first Superman movie, supposedly.
Hopefully this cameo identity isn't leaked until the movie is out. I'd rather be surprised.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 04-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #79
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Jeff East ?

*\S/T*
Old 04-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #80
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
No, they said the cameo is in Smallville. And a bank teller. Which makes sense. Superman is tossed into the vault, camera pans over and we see "insert name here ____" for a reaction , plus there's a photo somewhere of a man in a suit and hat on the set like what Chris Reeve wore in the first Superman movie, supposedly.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #81
The Watchman
Balls McGee

Clearly it's Gene Hackman...

I just blue myself
Old 04-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #82
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Didn't the empire article state that the bank teller cameo was the mayor of Plano?

Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #83
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
Clearly it's Gene Hackman...
My money is on..... *rubs magic crystal ball* someone..... *rubs* very.... old.

James Dean
Old 04-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #84
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

It's going to be Ilya Salkind's wife's dentist!

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #85
Bren
Forevernoob

It's Margot Kidder as a teller. And as she sees Superman stand up from crashing through the vault she'll say "Clark?"

Old 04-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #86
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Hackman's retired and hasn't been seen onscreen since 2004. Not that it's completely out of the question that he'd do it, but I figure it's much more likely to be Margot Kidder or Terrence Stamp.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #87
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Wow, I would love it if the cameo was Terrence Stamp. That would be amazing.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 04-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #88
Cranny21
Side-Kick

Default Possible cameo(s) in Man of Steel

So, the Empire magazine hints at a cameo as a bank teller in Man of Steel (maybe specifically in the Smallville scenes). If it is to be an 'OMG' cameo, then who could it be???

Old 04-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #89
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Hackman's retired and hasn't been seen onscreen since 2004. Not that it's completely out of the question that he'd do it, but I figure it's much more likely to be Margot Kidder or Terrence Stamp.
Yeah, my money is on Margot Kidder. Much more meaning into seeing her amazed at who just crashed through the bank.

James Dean
Old 04-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #90
Cranny21
Side-Kick

I think that Margot Kidder would be the ultimate cameo, but may be TOO much of an ultimate cameo. It would be interesting to see Amy Adams going into the Smallville bank while she is there, and meeting Margot at the counter.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #91
Cranny21
Side-Kick

I also have a thought to see Annette O'Toole as the bank teller. Maybe not go so far as to make her Lana Lang's mom but... would harken to both the Superman III and Smallville series. She is the established woman of Smallville in both iterations.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #92
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

A cameo from Margot Kidder would be pretty cool

Old 04-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #93
AdamJensen
Side-Kick

Default Re: Possible cameo(s) in Man of Steel

Has to be Ned Beatty, aka Otis!

Old 04-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #94
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranny21 View Post
I also have a thought to see Annette O'Toole as the bank teller. Maybe not go so far as to make her Lana Lang's mom but... would harken to both the Superman III and Smallville series. She is the established woman of Smallville in both iterations.
I could've sworn I heard her voice in the trailer when a woman says the line "My son was in the bus. He saw what Clark did?"

Old 04-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #95
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Quote:
A few more details: the shoot took nine days to complete, it's the first major conflict in the movie and the town of Plano, Illinois, plays Smallville, Kansas. The mayor even gets a cameo. Look out for a particularly oh-my-god-I-can't-believe-this-is-happening bank teller.
Wait a sec. I'm reading this as the mayor of said town is the cameo. Am I the only one?

SO STRANGE
Tegan and Sara
Drove Me Wild
Old 04-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #96
moviefreak
Side-Kick

It's possible but I don't believe it to be Margot Kidder. It has to be someone not too well known in Superman verse, especially Donner-verse Superman. So it cannot be Hackman, Beatty, Stamp, O'Hallaron, Sarah Douglas, and McClure.

It might be Aaron Smolinski who played baby Kal-El (the naked kid who lifted the trunk up), Diane Sherry (High school Lana Lang), Brad Flock (Brad) or even Jeff East.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #97
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
I could've sworn I heard her voice in the trailer when a woman says the line "My son was in the bus. He saw what Clark did?"
You read that on CosmicBookNews, didn't you? The short article says.....

Word surfaced the other day that a classic Superman actor will have a role in the upcoming Man of Steel movie.

The possibilities are endless, but could the identity of the actor have already been known?

Maybe we just had to look a little harder?

Scratch that. Not look. Listen.

CBN reader Andrew Francis pointed out that in the latest Man of Steel trailer where Clark saves the bus, it just might have a voice over by none other than Annette O'Toole. Of course, she played Lana Lang in the Donner movies as well as Ma Kent on Smallville.

Let's take a listen:

"My son was in the bus" - This doesn't sound like O'Toole as much, I'll admit.

"He saw what Clark did." - This one sounds like her a lot. It could be that the above is from a different mom as there are a bunch of kids on the bus and Snyder seemingly combined them to throw us off.

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...isten-yourself

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 04-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #98
i_Cam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
Didn't the empire article state that the bank teller cameo was the mayor of Plano?
Yes.

Not sure where these other theories are coming from but clearly says this.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #99
sup101
It'S oN!mY tImE tO sHiNe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadPool View Post
Wait a sec. I'm reading this as the mayor of said town is the cameo. Am I the only one?
The cameo is the actual mayor of Plano, Illinois.I don't know what theses people in here talking about like it's somebody else.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #100
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

comicbooknews said there were two cameos. One being the mayor.

Of course, its CBM so it probably isn't true.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Closed Thread