The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #76
J.Howlett

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Hard to say. I'm a TDK guy for sure and I enjoyed IM3 because it has a great story arc, probably the best one in the MCU. I also enjoyed Avengers because it was just a fun ride but as a movie I don't think it's a great piece of story telling, I mean I could poke holes to death in that movie but I don't because it's not trying to be anything more than what it is. My advice would be for people to try and distant Avengers from your minds if possible, but I genuinely don't know how people are going to react to this film.
Wow. I'm very intrigued and I've read the junior novel. Very intrigued. This might be the Iron Man film I've always wanted and I'm glad it's Extremis, considering it's the comic that got me interested in checking out the first Iron Man film in the first place. Just reread it yesterday. God, it's a great origin piece.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #77
Wandi
Side-Kick

It's getting more difficult, trying to avoid the "twist" being spoiled for me. Some folks from certain other sites just can't keep their mouths shut.
Still, glad to see all of the positive reactions, so far. c:

Old 04-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #78
Kingdork
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Wow. I'm very intrigued and I've read the junior novel. Very intrigued. This might be the Iron Man film I've always wanted and I'm glad it's Extremis, considering it's the comic that got me interested in checking out the first Iron Man film in the first place. Just reread it yesterday. God, it's a great origin piece.
Don't expect too much from that perspective, because I have to warn you: they took a LOT of liberties with the source material. But it works really well within the context of the film. Just go with an open-mind, and not with a pre-conceived notion based on a comic book run you like. They take a few elements from it but that's it. Overall the movie is great, but... "Don't get too attached to things. Learn to let go".

Old 04-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #79
Deejo
Side-Kick

This movie really wasn't what I expected at all. I only watched the first 2 trailers and none of the TV spots.

I've made my mind up after being in a bit of a WTF phase for a couple of hours, and it's a damn good movie. Loved it.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #80
Kingdork
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejo View Post
This movie really wasn't what I expected at all. I only watched the first 2 trailers and none of the TV spots.

I've made my mind up after being in a bit of a WTF phase for a couple of hours, and it's a damn good movie. Loved it.
That seems to be the phase everyone has to go through. Some needed a second viewing, I only needed a good 10 minutes to get over it. It's clearly not the movie people were expecting. It's ballsy and surprising, and overall a great summer blockbuster.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #81
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdork View Post
Don't expect too much from that perspective, because I have to warn you: they took a LOT of liberties with the source material. But it works really well within the context of the film. Just go with an open-mind, and not with a pre-conceived notion based on a comic book run you like. They take a few elements from it but that's it. Overall the movie is great, but... "Don't get too attached to things. Learn to let go".
I don't mind if they throw comic continuity out of the window as long as it results in a great film, obviously not to an extent like Aronofsky's Year One script, but I certainly don't like comic continuity holding films hostage. If whatever liberties you mention end up serving a purpose to make the film better while keeping the overal spirit and themes of the Iron Man character intact then I'm all for it.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Old 04-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #82
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

how great was jon favreau as happy?

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #83
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdork View Post
I don't care how close it is to the source material. I just want a good film. Liberties are always taken to take a story from one medium to the next.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #84
Kingdork
Side-Kick

@ Sharkboy & J. Howlett
That's the spirit You'll have a blast watching the movie then. It's great fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
how great was jon favreau as happy?
I found him really annoying in IM2 (too much of him), but I thought he was hilarious in this one.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #85
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejo View Post
This movie really wasn't what I expected at all.
I reckon that phrase is going to be said a lot about this movie.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #86
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Does anyone know if Happy dies? or is he just wounded pretty bad?

Old 04-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #87
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
the 2nd one

Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #88
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
Dude, you'll ruin the movie for yourself. Don't ask questions, just watch it.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #89
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Saw it and loved it...

Can we stop giving Loki the benefit of the doubt now? He was flat out wrong.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #90
Mr. Dent
Banned User

The twist just got ****ing spoiled for me reading CBM comments...GOD****INGDAMMIT

Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #91
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

It may not mean much, but "Iron Man 3" is trending on Twitter worldwide.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #92
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
The twist just got ****ing spoiled for me reading CBM comments...GOD****INGDAMMIT
There's a lot of trolls on that site. That's why I left.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #93
Mr. Dent
Banned User

And it was in a completely unrelated article about Star Trek. And I tried so freaking hard to avoid the spoilers.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #94
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium Man View Post
It may not mean much, but "Iron Man 3" is trending on Twitter worldwide.

So is "Tony Stark"

Old 04-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #95
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
I want to share something my friend and I are discussing earlier today...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
In the movie, Tony had his arc reactor removed and he destroyed all of his suits, but how about the Extremis Virus? Is is still in his body? Because if it still is then we might get something like this in the future IM film

It's wishful thinking I know but then again who says it's not possible right?

I think this is the most likely scenario. The fact that Tony has the shrapnel removed is nothing new, that was in the comics, and he was given an artificial heart. I am wondering if we will see something similar here. He may not have the arc reactor, but I think the Extremis virus will give him a direct interface to it.

However it's given me new thought to what Joss Whedon said after watching IM3, "Now what am I supposed to do?"

Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #96
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I absolutely hate CBM, they let that stuff go on all the time, and they don't seem to care. I'm greatful to the mods and the community here that there is great concern about spoilers, even in the spoiler threads.

Having different international and domestic release dates makes this a lot harder, but people should be sensitive to this.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #97
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

That's the one issue I have with Hollywood releasing **** weeks or months in advance of each other in various markets. People love to ruin **** for other people regarding plot points.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #98
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Yeah but if you were REALLY afraid of spoilers you wouldn't be anywhere near an iron man 3 review or thread. At least Dent's qualm is legit because he was on an article about a completely different movie.

Honestly though when people start seeing a film that i don't want spoilt i tend to lessen my internet usage altogether.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #99
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

honestly, I think spoilers can make it sort of fun

Old 04-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #100
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Yeah but if you were REALLY afraid of spoilers you wouldn't be anywhere near an iron man 3 review or thread. At least Dent's qualm is legit because he was on an article about a completely different movie.

Honestly though when people start seeing a film that i don't want spoilt i tend to lessen my internet usage altogether.
I agree, and I do the same. To me spoilers are not a huge deal because it's like the Hobbit. I knew everything that was going to happen in that film, but seeing it on screen gives you a new perspective.

The only thing for me was last year, I knew Coulson was going to die, and I wish I hadn't have known that, so the impact would have been a little more. My wife was almost in tears when that happened.