Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #101
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
And it was in a completely unrelated article about Star Trek. And I tried so freaking hard to avoid the spoilers.
Sorry to hear that Dent. It also happened to me. While CBM does have some obnoxious types, the dude who has been spoiling the twist has been doing it for the past 3 days or so. He's special kind of troll....he's posting on EVERY single article about how Shane Black ruined IM3 and says to boycott the movie because the twist "ruins" the Mandarin. Apparently he wants "true fans" to hear his message, not "faux fans". He's like a terrorist troll....article bombing with spoilers. Pretty much every member is calling for an IP ban.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #102
T.Radd
Newbie First Class

Seeing IM3 tonight at IMAX, so unbelievably game.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #103
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Radd View Post
Seeing IM3 tonight at IMAX, so unbelievably game.
Nice. Still a week and a half left for me up in the great white north

I'm hoping some of my theatres do some advanced screenings like they did with ASM...somehow I managed to catch that one or two days early.

Welcome to the Hype btw!

Old 04-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #104
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
honestly, I think spoilers can make it sort of fun
Yeah, had this twist spoiled for me and I'm going into the screening now with a different outlook on the Mandarin. Going to be really interesting to watch Kingsley's performance...

Also, now I get to just soak in the film as a whole instead of waiting and waiting for the twist. So that's a good thing I suppose.

Last edited by DorneyDave; 04-24-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #105
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I think this is the most likely scenario. The fact that Tony has the shrapnel removed is nothing new, that was in the comics, and he was given an artificial heart. I am wondering if we will see something similar here. He may not have the arc reactor, but I think the Extremis virus will give him a direct interface to it.

However it's given me new thought to what Joss Whedon said after watching IM3, "Now what am I supposed to do?"
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I thought Tony doesn't actually get infected with Extremis at all in this film.

ゴジラ
Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #106
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
I thought Tony doesn't actually get infected with Extremis at all in this film.
wait so does Tony get infused with Extremis or not?

Old 04-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #107
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I agree, and I do the same. To me spoilers are not a huge deal because it's like the Hobbit. I knew everything that was going to happen in that film, but seeing it on screen gives you a new perspective.

The only thing for me was last year, I knew Coulson was going to die, and I wish I hadn't have known that, so the impact would have been a little more. My wife was almost in tears when that happened.
I tend to avoid spoilers as best i can, but i could easily read the entire iron man 3 screenplay, and watch it and enjoy all the same, if anything i'd enjoy it more because the first time i see anything im always watching it for the plot and the plot alone and all the other excellent elements that go into a film just whiz past my head.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #108
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
Sorry to hear that Dent. It also happened to me. While CBM does have some obnoxious types, the dude who has been spoiling the twist has been doing it for the past 3 days or so. He's special kind of troll....he's posting on EVERY single article about how Shane Black ruined IM3 and says to boycott the movie because the twist "ruins" the Mandarin. Apparently he wants "true fans" to hear his message, not "faux fans". He's like a terrorist troll....article bombing with spoilers. Pretty much every member is calling for an IP ban.

That ****-for-brains spambot "FuturePast"/"PastFuture" over at CBM (his choice of screennames says it all --- Foxphile ****er) doesn't even stop to realize that the movie is called "IRON MAN 3," not "Rise of the Mandarin" or some such. As always, Marvel Studios realizes that these films are about the heroes, not the villains. Shane Black created two (or more) compelling villains for Tony Stark, James Rhodes, and Pepper Potts to face off against. That's *all* that matters; *not* whether or not they're slaves to comic-book continuity.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #109
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Yeah but if you were REALLY afraid of spoilers you wouldn't be anywhere near an iron man 3 review or thread. At least Dent's qualm is legit because he was on an article about a completely different movie.

Honestly though when people start seeing a film that i don't want spoilt i tend to lessen my internet usage altogether.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #110
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

As if anyone needed YET ANOTHER reason to avoid CBM.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #111
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That ****-for-brains spambot "FuturePast"/"PastFuture" over at CBM (his choice of screennames says it all --- Foxphile ****er) doesn't even stop to realize that the movie is called "IRON MAN 3," not "Rise of the Mandarin" or some such. As always, Marvel Studios realizes that these films are about the heroes, not the villains. Shane Black created two (or more) compelling villains for Tony Stark, James Rhodes, and Pepper Potts to face off against. That's *all* that matters; *not* whether or not they're slaves to comic-book continuity.
Remember FreedomForLife? The one who's saying that he already saw the movie and how the CGI sucks and it lacks action? Well he was at CBM the other day and made a Iron Man 3 Review article and he says the same thing there, funny thing is the trolls on that site that was so eager for this movie to fail believed him .. LMAO!!

Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #112
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
As if anyone needed YET ANOTHER reason to avoid CBM.
I've never understood why SHHers go there, to be honest. I almost never do.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #113
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Stop using the internet? Impossible.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #114
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I've never understood why SHHers go there, to be honest. I almost never do.
In CBM's defense, they're good at breaking news quickly. They're not scoopers themselves per se (even though they do get the occasional exclusive), but they just seem to bloodhound even the slightest bit of CBM news the instant it pops up anywhere on the Internets.

The "community" over there, however, makes 4chan look like a roomful of certified geniuses.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #115
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Left CBM more than a month ago. Horrid community.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #116
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Left CBM more than a month ago. Horrid community.

lol, hey!

Old 04-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #117
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 14ia

For what it's worth, I wish people would realize that even saying that a movie has a "twist" can potentially spoil things for people who want to go in fresh.

If you don't know a twist is coming you'll usually be surprised, but if you know there is a twist you'll often call it ahead of time because you're now expecting a twist and can figure if out. Sixth Sense would be a good example of that.

The cat is already out of the bag about the movie having a "twist". So there no goin back there. But please be careful about "talking around it" here. Folks are commenting on it in ways that are actually giving some unintentional info about what it may be.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #118
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
lol, hey!
Now Thal, I don't mean you.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #119
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

You know for some reason, Id like to someday be able to see the Chinese cut of IM3 just read an article stating the changes may be more than I initially thought, I'll buy the Chinese Blu-ray

Old 04-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #120
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Now Thal, I don't mean you.

lol, I was just kidding. BTW how many more hours before you'll see IM3?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #121
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
This.

In regards to the aforementioned screenwriting decision, I have two thoughts on the matter and other details.

1.) I am happy they did not include the magical rings on the Mandarin. Having them would disrupt the aesthetic that the studio has created for its solo films; allow me to explain. Whenever I see an Iron Man film, I see it with the knowledge that I will see Stark fighting tech-based villains. Or, when I see a Thor film, I know he will be fighting magic-based foes. The focus on the-elements?powers?abilities-of this relationship effects the genre (Iron Man being science fiction, Thor, fantasy.) Disrupting this paradigm would alienate the audiences, and worse, compromise the MCU. Now, the reverse works only in special films that have team ups (a la The Avengers.) Now, don't get me wrong: I have no problem with this in comics or other film adaptations; I would geek out seeing the Hulk take on Galactus, as teased by the Wachowski Brothers. But, when I see the MCU, I have some expectations and I would hate to them have them unfulfilled.

Now, let us pretend that I am wrong, and that for some unimaginable reason, the rings are crucial to creating the definitive Iron Man film. The other problem with using them is that they would take away from the Infinity Gauntlet. The MCU has been slowly building up to an epic confrontation with Thanos. Then, audiences will see something they've never seen before - a hand accessory that can rearrange time, matter, space, and reality.

But, if the rings were introduced, they would take away from the Gauntlet...which, again, would be detrimental. What is special about being able to rearrange matter when the Mandarin has a ring that can do that (And I know, the obvious response is, well, the ring could have the gem inside it! To that, I say...no.) In the comics, the rings, as they are, work fine, but onscreen...they would be terrible. I remember a while back, a poster claimed that each of the rings served as a transponder to the Mandarin's military equipment: each of them controlled a helicopter or something. Now, if that approach had been utilized with the rings, I would be fine with their incorporation, as they would not compromise the aesthetic, genre, and franchise.

2. The "Twist"

Having not seen the film, I cannot comment on it accurately; part of me wants to say that the premise has been used before ("The Reichenbach Fall," but, as a smokescreen). On the other hand, I actually like it, as it fits into the image that Guy Pearce has constructed for himself, in film (think of the Count of Monte Cristo.)

But, playing the Devil's advocate, let's focus on the perspective of the 1% of the complaining element that has read the comics from day one and considers the Mandarin to be the best villain ever conceived (with the social baggage jettisoned, of course.) My response to these complaints is simple: deal with it.

It is not an inflammatory comment, but a truth: one I have had to learn the hard way over the years.

When I was a child, Darth Vader was one of my favorite villains. He never took crap from anybody, was an awesome cyborg, in addition to being a terrific pilot. He carried a screen presence that has rarely been replicated. However, thanks to the prequel trilogy, the character irradiated and destroyed beyond any point of repair. It started with casting the kid from Jingle All The Way (and of course, having the narrative focus on him as a kid, was stupid, as well,) and then became worse in every conceivable way. In the end, the coolest cyborg attack hound was reduced to a sniveling, child-murdering douche who made Jason Todd look like as saintly as Batman.

I did not call for a boycott of the films or wish anything negative on the resultant parties; I took comfort in the fact that the original trilogy still existed, and I could ignore the prequels. Then, the studio decided to revise the films to meet this new continuity; I was slightly upset, until the studio had the kindness to release a DVD set containing the original, untampered films.

Thus, while I do not own the series on BD (nor have any plans to, as they do not contain the original edits,) I am fine. The character still existed in one medium where he was not destroyed. Thus, the community that is upset about the decision needs to realize that the Masterworks are not going anywhere. If the spoiler is true
it is better that the character not exist in the series
than be wholly destroyed as Vader was.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 04-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #122
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

I'll take a great film over magic rings any day, and I was a proponent of the rings, but I'll take an expertly crafted story that takes some risks over them.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #123
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
This.

In regards to the aforementioned screenwriting decision, I have two thoughts on the matter and other details.

1.) I am happy they did not include the magical rings on the Mandarin. Having them would disrupt the aesthetic that the studio has created for its solo films; allow me to explain. Whenever I see an Iron Man film, I see it with the knowledge that I will see Stark fighting tech-based villains. Or, when I see a Thor film, I know he will be fighting magic-based foes. The focus on the-elements?powers?abilities-of this relationship effects the genre (Iron Man being science fiction, Thor, fantasy.) Disrupting this paradigm would alienate the audiences, and worse, compromise the MCU. Now, the reverse works only in special films that have team ups (a la The Avengers.) Now, don't get me wrong: I have no problem with this in comics or other film adaptations; I would geek out seeing the Hulk take on Galactus, as teased by the Wachowski Brothers. But, when I see the MCU, I have some expectations and I would hate to them have them unfulfilled.

Now, let us pretend that I am wrong, and that for some unimaginable reason, the rings are crucial to creating the definitive Iron Man film. The other problem with using them is that they would take away from the Infinity Gauntlet. The MCU has been slowly building up to an epic confrontation with Thanos. Then, audiences will see something they've never seen before - a hand accessory that can rearrange time, matter, space, and reality.

But, if the rings were introduced, they would take away from the Gauntlet...which, again, would be detrimental. What is special about being able to rearrange matter when the Mandarin has a ring that can do that (And I know, the obvious response is, well, the ring could have the gem inside it! To that, I say...no.) In the comics, the rings, as they are, work fine, but onscreen...they would be terrible. I remember a while back, a poster claimed that each of the rings served as a transponder to the Mandarin's military equipment: each of them controlled a helicopter or something. Now, if that approach had been utilized with the rings, I would be fine with their incorporation, as they would not compromise the aesthetic, genre, and franchise.

2. The "Twist"

Having not seen the film, I cannot comment on it accurately; part of me wants to say that the premise has been used before ("The Reichenbach Fall," but, as a smokescreen). On the other hand, I actually like it, as it fits into the image that Guy Pearce has constructed for himself, in film (think of the Count of Monte Cristo.)

But, playing the Devil's advocate, let's focus on the perspective of the 1% of the complaining element that has read the comics from day one and considers the Mandarin to be the best villain ever conceived (with the social baggage jettisoned, of course.) My response to these complaints is simple: deal with it.

It is not an inflammatory comment, but a truth: one I have had to learn the hard way over the years.

When I was a child, Darth Vader was one of my favorite villains. He never took crap from anybody, was an awesome cyborg, in addition to being a terrific pilot. He carried a screen presence that has rarely been replicated. However, thanks to the prequel trilogy, the character irradiated and destroyed beyond any point of repair. It started with casting the kid from Jingle All The Way (and of course, having the narrative focus on him as a kid, was stupid, as well,) and then became worse in every conceivable way. In the end, the coolest cyborg attack hound was reduced to a sniveling, child-murdering douche who made Jason Todd look like as saintly as Batman.

I did not call for a boycott of the films or wish anything negative on the resultant parties; I took comfort in the fact that the original trilogy still existed, and I could ignore the prequels. Then, the studio decided to revise the films to meet this new continuity; I was slightly upset, until the studio had the kindness to release a DVD set containing the original, untampered films.

Thus, while I do not own the series on BD (nor have any plans to, as they do not contain the original edits,) I am fine. The character still existed in one medium where he was not destroyed. Thus, the community that is upset about the decision needs to realize that the Masterworks are not going anywhere. If the spoiler is true
it is better that the character not exist in the series
than be wholly destroyed as Vader was.
this, this this this. Thank you sir, thank you. Nailed it.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: Thatís the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, weíll always be friends.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #124
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
I'll take a great film over magic rings any day, and I was a proponent of the rings, but I'll take an expertly crafted story that takes some risks over them.

They're not magic. But okay.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #125
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

^*Alien magic ....Tech rings* Excuse me lol

Edit: Only reason I got to CBM is for Griff, that whole character he has going on makes me lol

Closed Thread