The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 04-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #101
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: The french actor Omar Sy Thread

The fact he has another film to start In late may makes me feel better about having Bishop In film.I didn't want a sceniro like 1990's animated show where he Is focal character In
future and he IS time traveler.Plus the 90's animated show gave the misconception that Bishop Is consently time traveling.Bishop was from a further point In history and trapped In present chasing villain.Besides that It was only when he pulled In past by Legion that created the AoA that he even time traveled.The prospects of Bishop In film being similar to Wolverine and the X-Men version makes me feel bitter.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #102
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The fact he has another film to start In late may makes me feel better about having Bishop
In film.I didn't want a sceniro like 1990's animated show where he Is focal character In
future and he IS time traveler.Plus the 90's animated show gave the misconception that Bishop Is consently time traveling.Bishop was from a further point In history and trapped In present chasing villain.Besides that It was only when he pulled In past by Legion that created the AoA that he even time traveled.The prospects of Bishop In film being similar to Wolverine and the X-Men version makes me feel bitter.
I don't want his character to be a focal point either. I'm hoping he's some sort of catalyst that somehow knows that time/history has been altered and that it must be fixed... kind of like his role in Age of Apocalypse. He was like a confused time-displaced drifter. But his role was definitely supporting.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #103
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I don't want his character to be a focal point either. I'm hoping he's some sort of catalyst that somehow knows that time/history has been altered and that it must be fixed... kind of like his role in Age of Apocalypse. He was like a confused time-displaced drifter. But his role was definitely supporting.
This would be interesting, he could have traveled back in time before leaving little hints, a message for Jean at the end of X2, or like he programmed the Danger Room sequence on Last Stand, I hope is something like that.

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #104
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
I've been saying it from the beginning, but look at that cast photo again. The order tells you who's in the past and who's in the future. That gap in front of Halle isn't a gap, it's a separation. As for Hugh, Ian, and Patrick, it seems like they might be in both... at least in some capacity.
I certinly hope Magneto Ins't a time traveler.

Omar Sy Is listed between Shawn Ashmore and Anna Paquin.Plus he has another film to start In late may that hints at him only being In future scenes.
So time traveler or travelors are likely to be character from trilogy.

Noone here could have predicted that

A:They would have dropped the first Class supporting cast
B:They would Include so many Trilogy vets+several other characters.

When It appeared most of first Class cast would be In film It made sense that
future scenes would only be about 6 vets and Sentinles.

The film's only real similarty to 1990's animated show Is inclusion of Bishop
who defently won't be the focal character of film.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #105
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:

Omar Sy Is listed between Shawn Ashmore and Anna Paquin.Plus he has another film to start In late may that hints at him only being In future scenes.

Yeah, Magneto is a little confusing. I don't think they're all going to physically travel back, but something involving them might happen.

However, I totally predicted that the FC cast was being dropped!

Old 04-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #106
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I like the idea of a character who drifts through time, and who is thus separate to the main casts of DoFP and could reappear in a future film.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #107
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

As soon as the first casting announcements were made, it was quite clear that the film was weighted in favour of the original trilogy actors.

Fox needs those big names to make the franchise a success.

Sadly, it means dumping so many of the First Class cast. I hope there is an explanation in the film, but there may not be.

None of the X-Men films has closely followed a comic book story so it's reasonable to deduce that this one won't either.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #108
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Dropping most of first Class cast hints as to where Bryan Singer,Lauren SHueller Donnor,and the new regime at Fox want to go In future.Another sign this Isn't rothman run fox anymore.He wanted to do prequel sinoffs after last stand to save money and keep doing films.

Bishop's power would work better against sentinles than In past.Bishop may simply be a new mutant In the battle against Sentinles.If they Incorprate the original comic's having some mutants as prisoners Bishop might even help Wolverine stage a jailbreak.

How much time the film spends In future are who exactly Is the time traveler or travelers are going to be very Intresting to find out.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #109
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Dropping most of first Class cast hints as to where Bryan Singer,Lauren SHueller Donnor,and the new regime at Fox want to go In future.Another sign this Isn't rothman run fox anymore.He wanted to do prequel sinoffs after last stand to save money and keep doing films.

Bishop's power would work better against sentinles than In past.Bishop may simply be a new mutant In the battle against Sentinles.If they Incorprate the original comic's having some mutants as prisoners Bishop might even help Wolverine stage a jailbreak.

How much time the film spends In future are who exactly Is the time traveler or travelers are going to be very Intresting to find out.
There will be several travellers, I feel sure of it. Otherwise we have two different casts who never interact and the film has to flash back and forth between them. Easier to blend them together, I think.

But it depends what Singer has in mind - he does tend to split his ensemble movies into small groups without much of a mass gathering for huge teamwork. In X2, the cast operated in small groups. I hope we see a bit more of a big team at some point in this one.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #110
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Bishop cooooool

Now, with usual changes, certain things must be retained:

- The M mark on his face
- The red scarf
- the absorving power
- time traveler

Did i forget anything?

lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #111
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Jerry curls

Old 04-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #112
ken smith
Side-Kick

Omar Sy being Bishop made my day. Bishop is the second character with the most potential to destroy Sentinels after Magneto.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #113
Angamb
Banned User

I hope Omar looks soo badass on costume and maybe the M on his eye. it would be awesome

And to see working with Charles, Blink and co.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #114
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I hope Omar looks soo badass on costume and maybe the M on his eye. it would be awesome

And to see working with Charles, Blink and co.
You're right. Out of the whole cast, he will fit in so well in the future scenes. I wonder if they're gonna give him his big gun haha.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #115
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Bishop is likely gonna be doing some time traveling. Perhaps he is the first one who tells the future X-Men that time travel is possible. Bishop might be from an even further future.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #116
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
Bishop is likely gonna be doing some time traveling. Perhaps he is the first one who tells the future X-Men that time travel is possible. Bishop might be from an even further future.
That's usually the case!

Old 04-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #117
Angamb
Banned User

that would be really cool.

but maybe Blink is the one to reveal that info, since she could be the timeporter in first place.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #118
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I have to say I am very excited that Bishop is in this movie, other than Rogue, he was my favourite character in TAS of the 90's, which I watched religiously.

There is so much potential for his character, loved him having his gun, but then when he eventually used his powers it was amazing, literally my most anticipated character in this movie now, and that is saying something.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #119
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Can't wait to see Bishop!!!

He's the one new character that I wanted to be included in this film!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #120
Chewy
REDACTED

This is the character I'm most excited for. Sy is awesome, Bishop's awesome, should be fun. Hope he has a bigger role than I suspect he will, though

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #121
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I hope you're right! Prequels were never a good idea in my opinion. So I hope DOFP gets this franchise back to basics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
This is the character I'm most excited for. Sy is awesome, Bishop's awesome, should be fun. Hope he has a bigger role than I suspect he will, though
I do think out of the new mutants, he'll get the most role and screentime. And I do think he'll get a bigger role than Shadowcat, Iceman, Colossus and Rogue.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #122
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Im very curious about Bishop. I cant find any Omar pic that resembles Bishop. Just pics of him bald and smiling. Where are the photoshop genius!

lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #123
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Just the shape of his face and the figure of his body, I think it would be easy for him to pull off the physical appearance of Bishop.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #124
Melapi
Side-Kick

Is he going to film his scenes with the FC cast or the OT cast? I mean, the OT actors has been filming for some weeks and there're no word about Omar in Montreal, so I'm wondering if he's going to film scenes for the 70's or is going to be in a few scenes in the future. I think he was amazing in The Intouchables so I hope he has a significant badass role .

Melapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #125
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

He was filming with OT cast,and he's about to start work another film.