The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 04-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #51
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

Default Re: AMC, Regal Entertainment theaters, and Cinemark Theaters will not be showing IM3

If it does affect the opening weekend, even by one day or hell, one night....it would be a historic f-up.

DorneyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #52
kguillou
Side-Kick

Default Re: AMC, Regal Entertainment theaters, and Cinemark Theaters will not be showing IM3

These guys are going up against Disney, I have a feeling the theatres will be the ones to cave in.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #53
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

got a late e-mail from AMC, for those of you who already bought tickets(I got my money back and switched to different theatre )

"I understand your frustration. Please hold on a little longer! Guests who have already purchased tickets, should be able to use them on the day of the movie.

Thank you.

Vickie

AMC Guest Services."

Little did she know I already got my money back and am set to see it at a Cobb theaters IMAX 3D trololololol

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #54
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
got a late e-mail from AMC, for those of you who already bought tickets(I got my money back and switched to different theatre )

"I understand your frustration. Please hold on a little longer! Guests who have already purchased tickets, should be able to use them on the day of the movie.

Thank you.

Vickie

AMC Guest Services."

Little did she know I already got my money back and am set to see it at a Cobb theaters IMAX 3D trololololol

lol, on the bright side, there's still a chance that this dispute will be resolved in no time.

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #55
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

She could have just been saying things to calm me down, but she may have pretty much confirmed they will be playing the movie opening night regardless lol.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #56
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
She could have just been saying things to calm me down, but she may have pretty much confirmed they will be playing the movie opening night regardless lol.
Yeah maybe you're right whatever, like you said you already got your tickets

Good thing we don't have those kind of problems here.

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #57
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Correct me if I'm wrong but they have a current contract, Disney is trying to re-negotiate the terms, but assuming nothing else happens, can't they proceed under the current terms?

I think the ban on early ticket purchasing is just a strategy movie to piss off Disney.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #58
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but they have a current contract, Disney is trying to re-negotiate the terms, but assuming nothing else happens, can't they proceed under the current terms?

I think the ban on early ticket purchasing is just a strategy movie to piss off Disney.
it is up to Disney to decide what contract they use...since they are trying to get a new one

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #59
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

I really hope this gets resolved soon, I don't want to drive out 40 minutes to the nearest theater for not even a midnight showing.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #60
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

AMC and Regal aren't going to let this go on for much longer. IM3 comes out next week. If they don't show the movie, they miss out on a lot of money.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #61
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I really hope they resolve this soon.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #62
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

yeah really. I am starting to panic a little bit. I usually have my midnight premiere tickets atleast a month in advance, I still havent bought mine yet, because when I tried to, the AMC people told me they werent on sale yet

Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #63
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
AMC and Regal aren't going to let this go on for much longer. IM3 comes out next week. If they don't show the movie, they miss out on a lot of money.
Disney will be hurt more by them not showing it than AMC or Regal.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #64
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

This reminds me of what happened between DirecTV and Viacom, unfortunately DirecTV gave in to Viacom in that situation.......

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:06 AM   #65
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
yeah really. I am starting to panic a little bit. I usually have my midnight premiere tickets atleast a month in advance, I still havent bought mine yet, because when I tried to, the AMC people told me they werent on sale yet
Same, I normally pick mine up three weeks beforehand, and when I went to get them monday, they wouldn't sell them. No bueno.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:03 AM   #66
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Regal is now pulling all IM3 marketing material from their theaters until they come to an agreement. Getting a little nervous about this.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,2841925.story

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:10 AM   #67
Mr. Dent
Banned User

NONONONONONONONONO

This is so ****ing stupid.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:14 AM   #68
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
NONONONONONONONONO

This is so ****ing stupid.
It really is but you also have say Marvel is playing a little too much hardball and had plenty of time to get this deal done a long time ago. I'd say settle at 60% and call it a day.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:27 AM   #69
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Forgive me, but what's the issue going on here with the cinemas?

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:27 AM   #70
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Disney will be hurt more by them not showing it than AMC or Regal.
Agreed. I honestly can't see the theaters backing down... Hell, I hope they don't back down. If they do Disney will begin to think they can muscle the theaters for most of their major releases. And if this happens what does this mean? Either the theaters lose a considerable chunk of the profits (not likely) or a ticket/food price hike.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:28 AM   #71
addison81
Side-Kick

I'm sure this will come to an end soon but if it didn't imagine people who weren't aware of it. Imagine a family walking up to an AMC, ready to see Iron Man 3 only to find out "no we aren't showing it". Many little kids would cry I imagine!

addison81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:29 AM   #72
Leenie
Make Up!

Ugh. If they don't reach an agreement, do you know who suffers the most from it? The fans. We want to see the movie. If these companies burn us because of some greedy dispute (thanks, Disney), then lots of fans won't feel motivated to go see the movie whenever it does come out.

At least that's how I'm going to feel if that's how things play out. This whole thing blows. :

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:40 AM   #73
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.

The only theaters that I can even get to are AMC, with the way this is going I might not be able to see this movie until it hits blu-ray.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #74
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Forgive me, but what's the issue going on here with the cinemas?
this.

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #75
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
The only theaters that I can even get to are AMC, with the way this is going I might not be able to see this movie until it hits blu-ray.
Looking the same way for me if nothing is worked out.