The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #776
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

The thing is, I don't think they'd be ABLE to make a full-fledged JLA out of MOS. Just a film connecting various League members together as Superman fights a bigger foe. I feel like MOS2 will be WORSE than IM2 if they "League" the sequel.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #777
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibow View Post
I love how the image standing infront of the wall, with the stars and stripes is a modern interpretation of the classic reeve's standing infront of the flag... looks so natural, yet.. so right
I see what you mean...

Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #778
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

if only they excluded the 7-Eleven sign

Old 04-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #779
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post

I always love to read these comments, Superman would totally make straight guys swoon!

I'd like to believe Henry losing all those other important roles were just destiny's way of making him Superman NOW!

The starts were aligning!!!!
In your avatar............ In my mind, Superman is thinking, "Ya, you know what you saw"

Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #780
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
if only they excluded the 7-Eleven sign
But 7-Eleven is as important as the American flag!

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #781
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
But 7-Eleven is as important as the American flag!
Seriously JUST about to post this.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #782
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
The thing is, I don't think they'd be ABLE to make a full-fledged JLA out of MOS. Just a film connecting various League members together as Superman fights a bigger foe. I feel like MOS2 will be WORSE than IM2 if they "League" the sequel.
Yeah. Better keep a MOS franchise as its own thing.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #783
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I said the same thing to my sis on the phone. He must be CGI.

Quote:
In your avatar............ In my mind, Superman is thinking, "Ya, you know what you saw"
Naughty Superman

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #784
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

IF MOS does well both critically and financially, and WB green-lights a sequel, the most, and I mean MOST important thing to do is NOT RUSH IT. Iron Man 2's main issue imo.
Let your ideas marinate. Don't rush out a script, and have the director quickly film it to fast track the film for release.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #785
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Sounds like more Donner influences. The idea of the planet being destroyed by the sun is from the Donner movies, while in the comics the planet explodes due to internal pressures.
I thought the destruction because of internal pressures was the Post-Crisis explanation, and the destruction due to the sun was from Pre-Crisis?

Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #786
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

IM2 felt rushed and studio influenced (for Avengers). You can tell that John wasn't making the movie he really wanted to.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #787
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

I still don't know what it's hard to connect both The Dark Knight/Nolanverse with the MOS universe? It's simple. The events in the Batman trilogy is before Clark reveals himself to the wold. Hell, it could be right after the events in TDKR, while Bruce is sipping his damn coffee is when Clark discovers the FOS. It's all part of the "Escalation" theme from Batman Begins, with Superman arrival, more outerspace elements come into existence and becomes a threat.

I could see that the events of JL is what brings Batman from retirement................ HE WASN'T SUPPOSE TO RETIRE IN THE FIRST PLACE....... DAMN YOU NOLAN

Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #788
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
I still don't know what it's hard to connect both The Dark Knight/Nolanverse with the MOS universe? It's simple. The events in the Batman trilogy is before Clark reveals himself to the wold. Hell, it could be right after the events in TDKR, while Bruce is sipping his damn coffee is when Clark discovers the FOS. It's all part of the "Escalation" theme from Batman Begins, with Superman arrival, more outerspace elements come into existence and becomes a threat.

I could see that the events of JL is what brings Batman from retirement................ HE WASN'T SUPPOSE TO RETIRE IN THE FIRST PLACE....... DAMN YOU NOLAN
No, can we please not connect them? Nolans Batman wouldn't fit in a JL movie. And wouldn't it be Joseph Gordan Levitt if it were used? Or even a Bruce Wayne who has grey hair and needs a caine to walk?

Just no.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #789
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

There is no way Nolan's Batman will appear in a JL movie. I guarantee it. No. Way.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #790
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
I still don't know what it's hard to connect both The Dark Knight/Nolanverse with the MOS universe? It's simple. The events in the Batman trilogy is before Clark reveals himself to the wold.
So Clark knew he had god-like powers and decided to do nothing when a terrorist cell held a neighboring city hostage with a nuclear weapon? Clark just saw Bane's broadcast from the football stadium and decided it wasn't worth his time?

Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #791
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

No, he was busy leaving Earth for SR. WOW, I just suggested that SR has better continuity with the Batfilms

Old 04-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #792
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Speaking of MOS being tied in with the Nolan films, am I the only one who seriously thinks that MOS looks nothing like the Nolan Batman films at all either visually or in tone? Everyone in the JL forum seems to think that they look exactly the same.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #793
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Lol, that's my point. I was all for connecting Nolan's Batman movies until I realized that in order to do that... we would have to accept that Clark allowed all of that stuff to happen on his watch. Not only that, but Batman wouldn't just be a known figure in Gotham. If something like that ever happened in New York, it would make world news. Hence Batman would be a symbol all over the world, which makes Superman's arrival a tad anti-climactic.

I just don't see MOS referencing those events. Batman and Superman work best as parallel universes, and more than anything I want a Superman franchise that stands on it's own

Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #794
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
So Clark knew he had god-like powers and decided to do nothing when a terrorist cell held a neighboring city hostage with a nuclear weapon? Clark just saw Bane's broadcast from the football stadium and decided it wasn't worth his time?
If he saw Bane's broadcast then he'd know that if anyone interferes the bomb goes off.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #795
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
The sequel is the priority. Not Justice League.

Notice how Marvel fast tracked The Avengers instead of Iron Man 2 back in 2008?
Unfortunately for your analogy/comparison, Marvel wasn't racing to compete with WB's cash cow Avengers equivalent at that point in time...obviously. Studios are fickle....

That being said, I can't see someone like Nolan/Goyer or Snyder thinking WB's supposed rushed JLA is a good idea. All those guys have sort of spoken out against a shared universe in the past and if they have any say(post MOS's success) then maybe WB will listen and at least grant a MoS sequel and hopefully a batman reboot that same year.
(hopefully with a big name like Aranofski attached)

Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #796
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Just a reminder that David Goyer will be answering questions tomorrow at 4pm eastern on reddit during his iama. Hopefully we can get some good questions answered.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #797
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

If you think Goyer is going to answer any serious questions on the sequel, Justice League with real answers, you're nuts.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #798
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

I don't think anyone said that. I was just letting people know that might want the chance to ask him a question. Cheers.

Last edited by DaJanksta; 04-24-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #799
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
If you think Goyer is going to answer any serious questions on the sequel, Justice League with real answers, you're nuts.
I'll pay him a dollar.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 04-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #800
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Everything is always hush, hush until everything comes together.

Personally I doubt WB is dumb enough to go the JL route if MOS is a big hit. A sequel makes the most sense.

Closed Thread