The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #801
Jim-El
"My Son"

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Heres to a trilogy of Superman movies before any kind of JL!

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #802
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-El View Post
Heres to a trilogy of Superman movies before any kind of JL!
I'd love that, or, at least, one more movie.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #803
acedrake
Side-Kick

I have been watching the heck out of the trailer, i love it to death. But there is a scene where Clark is in front of many Smallvilians and I was wondering if they know his secret.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #804
Smallville13
Side-Kick

It still angers me that this was Zack Snyder in 2011:

Quote:
“It doesn’t. Like what Chris Nolan is doing and what I’m doing with Superman, what they’ll do with Justice League will be it’s own thing with it’s own Batman and own Superman. We’ll be over here with our movie...
And then Avengers came out.

Now MOS is littered with references to the shared universe, and Justice League is a 'sure thing' apparently.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #805
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedrake View Post
I have been watching the heck out of the trailer, i love it to death. But there is a scene where Clark is in front of many Smallvilians and I was wondering if they know his secret.
He will super-kiss every single one of his town mates to make them forget. He will even kiss Christopher Meloni if he has to.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #806
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
I still don't know what it's hard to connect both The Dark Knight/Nolanverse with the MOS universe? It's simple. The events in the Batman trilogy is before Clark reveals himself to the wold. Hell, it could be right after the events in TDKR, while Bruce is sipping his damn coffee is when Clark discovers the FOS. It's all part of the "Escalation" theme from Batman Begins, with Superman arrival, more outerspace elements come into existence and becomes a threat.

I could see that the events of JL is what brings Batman from retirement................ HE WASN'T SUPPOSE TO RETIRE IN THE FIRST PLACE....... DAMN YOU NOLAN
If you still think that this Bruce Wayne shouldn't have retired (not the comic Batman, but just this interpretation), then you completely missed his character arc. Him returning now would negate his arc of finally escaping the mental barrier (symbolized by the well and the pit), moving on from the self destructive existence he has known and finally learning to live as Bruce Wayne. To finally "have a life outside this cave." And, to top it all off, he can watch the symbol he created inspire generations of Gotham to protect the city. Honestly, it's probably one of the most effective interpretations of Batman to date seeing as (from what we are led to believe), Batman creates hope and inspires generations more than Bruce beating up thugs on the streets ever could.

But back on topic, that track from the app is awesome. I can't wait to hear it in higher quality.

EDIT: And I really hope MOS gets a solid stand alone trilogy before Justice League even gets into development beyond chatter.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #807
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

Why does that anger you? I'd love to see Cavill ad Supes leading the JL. And if Snyder and Goyer are involved it will be done right. I feel like I'm the only one with any faith in these guys when it comes to JL. I also think they are much further along with JL than any one on here knows, IMO.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #808
Jim-El
"My Son"

I just don't like the idea of Superman sharing the screen with any JL character. 100% Superman or not at all.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #809
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

I don't have any problem with JL. I love JL and would love one as long as its not rushed or negatively influencing my MOS. not worried though I would love references in MOS. My body is ready for the DC universe

Old 04-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #810
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superherofan123 View Post
Why does that anger you? I'd love to see Cavill ad Supes leading the JL. And if Snyder and Goyer are involved it will be done right. I feel like I'm the only one with any faith in these guys when it comes to JL. I also think they are much further along with JL than any one on here knows, IMO.
Because you can actually see the change in attitude and opinion because of another studios success. And it's not Snyders fault at all, he's just being told by WB now to sound more open about JL and allude to the fact that there's a plan in place. But the whole thing is motivated by greed.

It's just the right intentions aren't there. If someone smart like Goyer or Nolan or Snyder came to WB directly with a full idea of JL like with how MOS came about then we'd be in for something. But that's not what's going on.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #811
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
It's just the right intentions aren't there. If someone smart like Goyer or Nolan or Snyder came to WB directly with a full idea of JL like with how MOS came about then we'd be in for something. But that's not what's going on.
Well is Marvel different? Whedon had to do a lot of rewriting. Marvel didn't have a clear idea either. They just wanted to make it happen so all the origin movies had to lead up to the Avengers.

It's business. You rarely are going to have purely the right artistic intentions. That doesn't necessarily mean it will reflect on the movie.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #812
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
I just don't like the idea of Superman sharing the screen with any JL character. 100% Superman or not at all.
I don't think this will happen in a Superman movie.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #813
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Well is Marvel different? Whedon had to do a lot of rewriting. Marvel didn't have a clear idea either. They just wanted to make it happen so all the origin movies had to lead up to the Avengers.

It's business. You rarely are going to have purely the right artistic intentions. That doesn't necessarily mean it will reflect on the movie.
They had successfully done the work to build it up towards The Avengers though. They just had to find the right director. But the vision was already in place. The hard yards had already been accomplished. Joss Whedon still had his work cut out for him but compare that to how much work WB would have to do for a JL film in 2015.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #814
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

How about let's enjoy what we have right now and worry about later events later? kthxbye

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 04-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #815
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
How about let's enjoy what we have right now and worry about later events later? kthxbye
Seconded.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #816
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
asked by Empire Magazine if he's worried "about pulling a Brandon Routh and disappearing"
ouch

Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #817
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
ouch
I must say, I LOL'd at that a little

Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #818
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
ouch
I laughed, but the truth hurts though. SOB disappeared after Returns for the most part.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #819
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Random point, but does anybody else find it weird that if you do a google image search of superman, there isn't one picture of henry cavill? Tons of Brandon Routh, Christopher Reeve, Tom Welling, Dean Cain and the comics though. Just found it a bit strange.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #820
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
asked by Empire Magazine if he's worried "about pulling a Brandon Routh and disappearing"
Well, that won't happen if there's an MOS sequel.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #821
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Routh had no career before Superman and now he gets side roles in movies and on T.V.

Ironically Superman made and destroyed his career. (He seems like a nice happy guy who can take care of his family by doing what he loves so I'm sure he isn't crying over his fate). I think that is a fair question to ask any actor who plays Supes.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #822
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
Remember when Iron Man 2 wasn't particularly good?
Yeah it kinda sucked a little bit

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #823
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

It is not strange at all, MOS has not been released yet .
Cavill is not very well known at this point .

Old 04-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #824
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
It is not strange at all, MOS has not been released yet .
Cavill is not very well known at this point .
You got to it before I could.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #825
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superherofan123 View Post
I'm right there with you...I want to see Cavill as Superman in Justice League so bad....he is the best looking Superman we've had I years. I'm very optimistic when it comes to Man of Steel. Lucky for people who want to see this happen like us it seems that we will get just that since there will be references throughout the movie

Quote:
Why do you not want a Justice League movie? I think that would be awesome. And if I'm misunderstanding you somehow why do you not want Henry Cavill's Superman in a Justice League movie? I want to see him play Superman as much as possible....screw stopping after a trilogy if they can keep coming up with good stories

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Closed Thread