The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 04-25-2013, 03:07 AM   #76
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: AMC, Regal Entertainment theaters, and Cinemark Theaters will not be showing IM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
this.
Disney is trying to renegotiate how much of the box office take they get from their movies at 3 of the major US theater chains (AMC, Regal, and Cinemark.) Current deal is for Disney to get around 50-55% of box office receipts; Disney now wants around 65%. If no new deal is reached, those theater chains won't carry IM3, severely limiting the availability of the film and thus IM3's opening weekend total.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:25 AM   #77
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Default Re: AMC, Regal Entertainment theaters, and Cinemark Theaters will not be showing IM3

So this may become the lowest grossing film of the MCU for now. Because they're ****ing with money.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:27 AM   #78
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
The only theaters that I can even get to are AMC, with the way this is going I might not be able to see this movie until it hits blu-ray.
I have one other, about 50 minutes out. Not sure if its worth it or not. Honestly though, I can see why Disney needs money, since Avengers was such a huge box office bomb and all.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:28 AM   #79
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Disney is trying to renegotiate how much of the box office take they get from their movies at 3 of the major US theater chains (AMC, Regal, and Cinemark.) Current deal is for Disney to get around 50-55% of box office receipts; Disney now wants around 65%. If no new deal is reached, those theater chains won't carry IM3, severely limiting the availability of the film and thus IM3's opening weekend total.
disney made so much from the avengers, i don't see how they are justified here. greedy much?

will it get worked out? seems like it has to....

are all 3 chains still not having it? or is it just amc left?

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:31 AM   #80
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Yeah, now they're getting spoiled. Can only imagine what could happen when it's time for Episode VII to be released.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:41 AM   #81
Leenie
Make Up!

I have a gut feeling that this will get resolved at the last minute, which, again, ticks me off. People want to plan with friends and family to see this film, especially if they're going at midnight. I don't know about everyone else, but I want to be assured that I'll get my tickets before showing up to the theater.

You know what's probably going to be the result of this? Higher ticket prices (which I will not blame the theaters for, as they have to maintain their businesses). Joy.

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:45 AM   #82
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

A downloadin' I will go, a downloadin I will go, hi ho the merry-o, a downloading I will go.

But no, really, I agree with Leenie.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:47 AM   #83
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
disney made so much from the avengers, i don't see how they are justified here. greedy much?

will it get worked out? seems like it has to....

are all 3 chains still not having it? or is it just amc left?
I see it as being greedy. I can sort of understand where their position is coming from, but I'm not sure if I'm totally buying Disney's reason. Disney is really pushing it because they feel they need the extra money to keep up with the rising production costs and they have really upgraded their portfolio of potential films (LucasFilms, Marvel, and Pixar have all been added since the last agreement.)

All 3 chains seem to be standing together as a united front so far. I think at the end of the day, they'll come to an agreement because both sides know they can't survive without being in some sort of business partnership.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:59 AM   #84
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
Agreed. I honestly can't see the theaters backing down... Hell, I hope they don't back down. If they do Disney will begin to think they can muscle the theaters for most of their major releases. And if this happens what does this mean? Either the theaters lose a considerable chunk of the profits (not likely) or a ticket/food price hike.
Exactly. As much as it sucks if they won't play IM3, if the theatres back down now the other studios will most likely follow and also demand more money. I really, really hope Disney stops being dickish (or giving 250 mil budgets to the likes of John Carter and Lone Ranger) and backs down...

SimiOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:15 AM   #85
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

how much are tickets in america?

in australia they are pretty pricey. if you don't go on "cheap day" you're looking at 20 dollars, maybe more if you're not a student or senior, and well over 20 for 3d.

it's ridiculous.

i still think disney are being jerks... they got star wars for 4 billion which was a bargain if you ask me

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #86
thalidomide
The Enemy

Right now IM3 ticktes here in the Philippines is 220 pesos which is 5.33 US dollars.

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #87
Klidokrator
Side-Kick

Quote:
how much are tickets in america?

in australia they are pretty pricey. if you don't go on "cheap day" you're looking at 20 dollars, maybe more if you're not a student or senior, and well over 20 for 3d.

it's ridiculous.

i still think disney are being jerks... they got star wars for 4 billion which was a bargain if you ask me
25$ for a 3D showing... ridiculous mate...

Old 04-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #88
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

crazy bus.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #89
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

7$ here

Tanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #90
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Cost me $19 for a non 3D showing. I get slogged a $1 for online booking, because you know, me doing the job of the cashier is more costly.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #91
thalidomide
The Enemy

The most expensive movie ticket that I've purchased as far I as I can remember is 700 pesos, that is $16.97. The movie, Star Trek in IMAX.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #92
antonydavanzo
Side-Kick

I have an unlimited card for Cineworld in the UK. Its about £180 for the year and allows you to go to the cinema as many times a day as many days in the year you want with no limits. This includes 3d movies as well. I usually go to the cinema about 3 times a week so my movie prices are pretty cheap. If you can do this then I would highly advise it.

antonydavanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #93
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydavanzo View Post
I have an unlimited card for Cineworld in the UK. Its about £180 for the year and allows you to go to the cinema as many times a day as many days in the year you want with no limits. This includes 3d movies as well. I usually go to the cinema about 3 times a week so my movie prices are pretty cheap. If you can do this then I would highly advise it.
That is cool!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #94
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

While VOD is a great idea. Remember one thing. With that 5 people could watch it for 10-20 dollars. The studio would be losing money that it really needs on these blockbuster releases. If there was a way to not cheat the system and pay per each person viewing, then the studios would do it. That said, you'll probably see this happening more and more for indie and low to moderate budget Hollywood films. Just for blockbusters, it would be too risky at this point due to losing money per ticket depending on how many watch it.

That said, could the kinnect technology work? it senses movement, perhaps it can sense the number of people as well in the future?

Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #95
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

I wish we had that kind of thing in the US

DOOZlovesBOOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #96
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydavanzo View Post
Man I would wear that card out for £180.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #97
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I usually pay $8 for non 3D, non-IMAX showings, and have found that to be expensive (partly operating on an unemployed student budget,) and considering I used to pay $6 for years.

If any of the chains close to me had that card, I'd use the card until it disintegrated.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #98
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Thank god I switched my tickets to a Cobb theater, this is getting a little long in the tooth already I'd say they need to get this handled no later than sunday-monday so they can get in a good week of advance tickets sales.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #99
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

droid double posted.

Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #100
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
So this may become the lowest grossing film of the MCU for now. Because they're ****ing with money.
Disney needs to stop this....they don't have too many other big productions that could recover this...their other summer movies are Lone Ranger and Pixar's Planes.....I was telling a friend if I was the other studios i would start thinking May 3rd is open.....maybe slide Hangover 3 in there and pull a Ted.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote