The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #626
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

To the above poster about the Avengers rumors: Yes. A close reading was applied to Fury's line about Coulson dating a cellist. However, the fans here read too much into the line of dialogue - which was intended to be a throwaway-and built up this conspiracy that Whedon was alluding to SW. It was bad as the whole argument that the waitress Cap saves in the film was Sharon Carter.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #627
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I'd rather have Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver introduced in the Inhumans. I guess if they're not going to build on the half of their characters that are outcast mutants at all though, an Avengers film would be the best place for them to be introduced.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #628
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Wanda and Pietro do fit into the MCU even if their status as mutants is back and forth. They kind of have to skirt it due to Fox actually having the rights to the term for some inane reason.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #629
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Its probably Wanda/Pietro..the only other siblings i can think of are T'Challa/Shuri but that makes little sense

Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #630
Steyin
Bidding you ADIEU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZaTrOn View Post
There is a big difference between brother/sister act and actual brother and sister. One could say that Hawkeye and Black Widow from the Avengers was a brother/sister act in some ways. I think it'll just be two characters who are like bro and sis. Personally I wouldn't like to see Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver yet. I mean it'd be great but their backstory really adds to the characters motives. We'll have to wait and see!
This.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #631
afan
Side-Kick

Don't Black Bolt and Medusa have a son and daughter, Crystal and ...someone.... name escapes me tho.
Just throwin' out possibilities....

Old 04-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #632
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

It's just weird to claim Wanda and Pietro are the only mutants in the world. Or a world where their father isn't Magneto. So are we to assume that mutants are behind the scenes? That we just havent seen or heard about them? That's an awful concept.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #633
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Hmmm... including Pietro and Wanda would/could be very interesting. They can't be done well unless their origin ties into the story... and if that's true... WOW. The sky is kinda the limit.

There are no other Brother-Sister acts in the Avengers outside of those in the unavailable FF and X-Books. If we think they're going to make one out of people who are not brother and sister... then that's just another Widow and Hawkeye (or Fitz-Simmons for Agents of SHIELD fans). Possible, but that kind of repetition is unlikely.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #634
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Yeah I just assumed if they wanted to use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver that they would introduce them as Inhumans.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #635
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

With the possible inclusions of Wanda and Pym down the road can we maybe see you know who in phase 3 or 4? Crossing fingers

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #636
Figs
Banned User

It's been quite a few years, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Magneto's children?

Either way this is pretty cool if these two are going to be in the film.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #637
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I'd love to see this! Avengers needs a top woman on the team. I can't visualise how Scarlet Witch's hex bolts would look but really excited about the possibility. The bro-sis interaction is something I think Whedon would enjoy doing and would write/handle well.
Whedon all but admitted that there were in the movie - but didn't confirm that they would be on the team. With the Falcon a very strong possibility to be on the team in the sequel (He's on the team in the Avengers Assemble cartoon and I don't think Feige & Co. are going to leave the first mainstream African American superhero on the sidelines), I think it is much more likely that the Maximoffs make their first appearance in the MCU, as in the comics world, as villains. And reform to replace a member or two in Avengers 3.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #638
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

That's a good point, they'll probably be villains at the outset, which makes abundant sense.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #639
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Whedon all but admitted that there were in the movie - but didn't confirm that they would be on the team. With the Falcon a very strong possibility to be on the team in the sequel (He's on the team in the Avengers Assemble cartoon and I don't think Feige & Co. are going to leave the first mainstream African American superhero on the sidelines), I think it is much more likely that the Maximoffs make their first appearance in the MCU, as in the comics world, as villains. And reform to replace a member or two in Avengers 3.
I'd rather see Black Panther than Falcon. And having SW & QS as villains to start might work, maybe alongside others. I'll only be properly excited though when (if) they're fighting alongside the Avengers, even if only as part time members.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #640
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I'd rather see Black Panther than Falcon. And having SW & QS as villains to start might work, maybe alongside others. I'll only be properly excited though when (if) they're fighting alongside the Avengers, even if only as part time members.
I prefer the Panther as well, but I see him more as a potential Cap replacement for whenever Evans hangs up the tights. For a time back in the 70s they were in a platoon arrangement and very rarely overlapped in the comics - at least the ones I purchased.

And the Avengers could definitely use another flying member. Though Thor and Hulk can hurl and jump their way into and out of trouble, Iron Man has been the only one so far to show any sort of in-flight manueverability. Falcon's abilities should translate well to the big screen.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #641
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I'm pretty sure at draft #1 of The Avengers Joss was dead set on Wasp being in the movie. Things can change. They always do.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #642
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Hmm, some people have already pointed it out but Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver really have the same problem as the X-Men do in folding into this Marvel Universe. It doesn't really make much sense seeing as mutants are hated by society yet people like Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Hulk are seen as heroes.

There's really a big disconnect there.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #643
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I'm pretty sure at draft #1 of The Avengers Joss was dead set on Wasp being in the movie. Things can change. They always do.
He gave an interview a while back, and said he had fun writing her, and found it was hard excising her.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #644
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
He gave an interview a while back, and said he had fun writing her, and found it was hard excising her.
So I kinda doubt he'd do it again. Removing Jan, Hank and/or Falcon in favor of two characters that have had no lead up and have no future (as far as solo films) doesn't make a helluvalotta sense to me.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #645
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Hmm, some people have already pointed it out but Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver really have the same problem as the X-Men do in folding into this Marvel Universe. It doesn't really make much sense seeing as mutants are hated by society yet people like Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Hulk are seen as heroes.

FOX controls the Marvel mutants, so Whedon is going to have to come up with another origin for Wanda and Pietro. As others have speculated, he'll probably lump them in with the Inhumans and have the whole lot of them be mutated through Alien intervention. But even if mutants could be introduced into the MCU, they wouldn't necessarily have to be hated by society. Their existence could be unknown to the general populace.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #646
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I prefer the Panther as well, but I see him more as a potential Cap replacement for whenever Evans hangs up the tights. For a time back in the 70s they were in a platoon arrangement and very rarely overlapped in the comics - at least the ones I purchased.

And the Avengers could definitely use another flying member. Though Thor and Hulk can hurl and jump their way into and out of trouble, Iron Man has been the only one so far to show any sort of in-flight manueverability. Falcon's abilities should translate well to the big screen.
I'm not really a fan of Falcon and there are many others I'd like to see ahead of him. If the team needs more flight get Danvers (heavy hitter female bonus) (or even Vision , would love to see a conversation between him & Thor), if it needs an African American get BP. Don't want to **** on the guy, especially if you're a fan, just wouldn't be personally excited if I heard he was in.

EDit: And even if BP becomes a Cap replacement for a film (wouldn't want him to be a long term replacement, Cap's too important) I'd rather there was a crossover Avengers film with both prior rather than him coming straight in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post

They can be mutants and noone needs to know (yet, if ever). They don't even need to know themselves (daddy didn't tell them yet). If they join the Avengers team the public will probably assume they are random accidents like the rest of the team.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #647
Closerframe
Side-Kick

Aren't Death and Eternity technically brother and sister?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #648
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I think you are correct, but, I doubt that was what Whedon was referring to. Giving considerably obscure comic characters the front stage would be brave, but, if one conisders all of the news about the deal the studio worked out with Fox, for the rights, SW seems quite likely.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #649
JP
Smelly

Hm, I'd been hearing talk for a while now that Marvel/Fox had been in talks and were working towards some sort of agreement... I wouldn't be surprised if Wanda and Pietro COULD in fact be mutants.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #650
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Has anyone considered that we might be getting a secondary team of Avengers in "The Avengers 2"?

The "New Avengers" of the MCU if you will. Maybe a inaccurate title, but you get the point.

Maybe we'll see the council from the first film assemble them as a counter-measure to "Fury's" Avengers.

Closed Thread