Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #751
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post

I often hear people say something like 'the AA suit, toned down, would be perfect'. Well, that's just the comicbook suit.
I think people want the armor of the AA suit, without using spandex-esque material.

"Eh ohs, I put on a smiley face mask and stuff. That ways, I can see faces"

-Robin John Blake
Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #752
Blitzkrieg Bop
I made you.

I believe that with the evidence from X-Men: First Class, a suit much more akin to the traditional suit from the comics is possible to pull off in live action and be completely emerged in verisimilitude. Adam West's costume is something I want to see in later installments, although, a little more...I don't know what. I don't think all black rubber is the only way to go for Batman. And I certainly don't think he should be coffined in gaudy armor. I think Keaton and Bale looked great in their suits, but when I picture Batman in my mind, the images of him that I think of first are like these:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 04-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #753
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

I love the comic spandex But on film I think they should always go armored,Armored versions of comic suits like the Arkham suits are perfect to me!

Old 04-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #754
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

I dunno, that Superman suit looks amazing.

-Robin John Blake
Old 04-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #755
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I require someone to explain the appeal of the AA suit to me. As I see it, it is the vanilla black and grey Batsuit, but pumped up so that no human being could move within it, covered in ugly studs, and with comedy Frankenstein boots and gauntlets that look like something he jogs in to build up his forearms.

I often hear people say something like 'the AA suit, toned down, would be perfect'. Well, that's just the comicbook suit.
That's the point. It's the comic book suit with more detail to give it a more armored appearance. I agree that the boots and forearms could use quite a bit of size reduction, though.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #756
Bruce Malone
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I dunno, that Superman suit looks amazing.
Yes but he's superman. The appearance of anything armor like would appear redundant on him. Even in the comics now they are making it evident batman's suit is a form of armor, with them often depicting the underlying armor material when the suit gets ripped. Frank Miller in the 80's arguably started that trend.

So people expect batman to not be a total maniac and going out there with no body protection. The advantage the comics have is that they are not bound by real world physical constraints so they can depict body armor that looks as flexible as spandex.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #757
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Yes but he's superman.
Yes, and Batman is Batman.

Quote:
So people expect batman to not be a total maniac and going out there with no body protection.
First of all, Batman is a maniac. That's the whole point of the character. Second, he isn't depicted as having armor in every incarnation. I wouldn't say every person "expects" him to be all armored up with every live action version. Plus, it's time for a fresh start with Batman on film, and not having some sort of rubber armor would be a breath of fresh air.

Point being: Superman's suit looks great, and I'm sure they could do something similar with a new Batman. The proof is right there.

-Robin John Blake
Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #758
Harrier
Side-Kick

For an armored look like film adaptations seem to use I like this look from Phil Cho, if for anything it lightens some areas of the armor so its not so deep black.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #759
regwec
Shakespearo

It's foul.

It is the TDK suit in all its manifest ugliness, including even the nauseatingly misguided hip-segmentation that doesn't work. Far beyond being disappointing, it would be nonsensical to have the TDK suit again in a reboot, if not because it would connect back to the previous movies then because that suit looked dated and clumsy when we first saw it five years ago.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #760
JDonaldD
Side-Kick

The idea that Batman needs to look armored for him to work on film isn't really fair. Captain America didn't really look so armored in Avengers that his look had to deviate from the comic appearance. TDK Batsuit worked for those films because it fit the aesthetic of the world and it was a creative choice Nolan made most likely cause he simply doesn't like the comic suit. Same with Bane. Nolan didn't even want to use Scarecrow's mask for Christ's sake. That's all fine, I love TDK films but it's all about how well it's executed.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #761
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDonaldD View Post
The idea that Batman needs to look armored for him to work on film isn't really fair. Captain America didn't really look so armored in Avengers that his look had to deviate from the comic appearance. TDK Batsuit worked for those films because it fit the aesthetic of the world and it was a creative choice Nolan made most likely cause he simply doesn't like the comic suit. Same with Bane. Nolan didn't even want to use Scarecrow's mask for Christ's sake. That's all fine, I love TDK films but it's all about how well it's executed.
I agree with you, but I'm thinking that now it makes more sense to go armored from a practical and marketing standpoint. Say what you will about the improved functionality of TDK's armor for the actor, Batman's been more armored-looking across media for the last several years. If the films were to go back to something resembling the "Begins" suit and earlier versions, I think alot of people might feel like it's a bit of a step backwards. I might be crazy, or myopic, but we'll see

Old 04-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #762
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
I still prefer the new Arkham Origins suit
This isn't bad. I'd tone down the forearms and the boots a little though.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #763
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Agreed!

Old 04-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #764
Soundwave88
As you command Megatron.

Double agree, for new movie look on Arkham Origins!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #765
Harrier
Side-Kick

Has anyone seen this before? The weird cowl aside, some of the components are pretty interesting.

Link for a 3D turn around video.
http://vimeo.com/44473988

At this point, if someone is making a new film, they will want their Batman to look unique so people know this is THEIR Batman film. That is part of why Nolan chose Batsuits that were different than the comics and different than the previous 4 films.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #766
regwec
Shakespearo

Come back TDK suit, all is forgiven.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #767
Blitzkrieg Bop
I made you.

Ha

That looks like the artist took inspiration from Chewbacca.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #768
Harrier
Side-Kick

You guys are a tough crowd.

That last example, the point in sharing it, is looking at elements that are interesting ideas for a reasonable design of a Batsuit.

This one for instance sought to add some kind of Armor as well as show cloth-like materials. It also shows a practical nature of the Batsuit in that the Belt looks like it could actually hold stuff and looks like Batman is actually ready for combat.

The idea that a man can be so tactically smart, or smart in general and go out fighting crime in just tights is beyond suspension of disbelief. That's just my two cents though

Old 04-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #769
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

I guess the cape is ok?.....

-Robin John Blake
Old 04-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #770
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I wouldn't mind seeing a Batman that tries to hark back to the comics somewhat, but I wouldn't want to see tights, underpants or a blue cowl.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #771
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
I like that suit too. The only thing is that confuses me a bit is that this suit appears to be an upgrade from the previous two games when it's supposed to be a pre-quel.

Yeah Im a bit of a continuity freak.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Old 04-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #772
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You guys are a tough crowd.

That last example, the point in sharing it, is looking at elements that are interesting ideas for a reasonable design of a Batsuit.

This one for instance sought to add some kind of Armor as well as show cloth-like materials. It also shows a practical nature of the Batsuit in that the Belt looks like it could actually hold stuff and looks like Batman is actually ready for combat.
Without taking too much issue with those points (his head looks about as maneuverable as that of an Egyptian sarcophagus, so practicality is moot) its problem is that it is unbelievable ugly. It's pleasing for neither audiences nor marketeers if Batman is painful to look at.

But, I don't intend to seem rude or to be dismissive- it is interesting to see new approaches, so thank you for that.

Quote:
The idea that a man can be so tactically smart, or smart in general and go out fighting crime in just tights is beyond suspension of disbelief. That's just my two cents though
"Just tights", huh? I don't think even Bob Kane believed that was what he was drawing, nor will you see anyone here arguing for that.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #773
Soundwave88
As you command Megatron.

Quote:
Has anyone seen this before? The weird cowl aside, some of the components are pretty interesting.

Link for a 3D turn around video.
http://vimeo.com/44473988

At this point, if someone is making a new film, they will want their Batman to look unique so people know this is THEIR Batman film. That is part of why Nolan chose Batsuits that were different than the comics and different than the previous 4 films.
That suit is waaaaay to busy, I can't see an actor be able to move around in that, Maybe remove all the stuff and change the cowl and it may work... Maybe.

I like to see something more closer to the comic's not Nolan or the other's from the past. New 52 look would work if they need an armor look.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #774
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Funny that many are embracing the Arkham Origins suit when it is actually quite reminiscent of the TDK suit -- visibile mesh underlining, segmented armor with visible areas of 'vulnerability', neck design, segmented leg design, raised knuckles on the gloves, and what almost look like shoulder plates. Sure, the TDK suit is 'busier', especially in the torso area, but the concept is pretty similar overall. Take away the ridiculous oversized robotic boots and guantlets and I'd love the Origins suit even more.

michael1975 on Superman/Batman movie -

"I no longer care. I am so utterly disappointed it's not even funny. When movie comes out and his horrible I'm going to come back here and laugh and say "I told you so"."
Old 04-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #775
Two-Face
The White Knight

I'm sorry I don't like that suit above. I do like Origins a lot but AA & AC suits are my favourite.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman
Closed Thread