Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #651
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Hm, I'd been hearing talk for a while now that Marvel/Fox had been in talks and were working towards some sort of agreement... I wouldn't be surprised if Wanda and Pietro COULD in fact be mutants.
Has any one considered the very off chance they worked out a deal to share characters.

They definitely didn't, but its fun to think about

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 04-25-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #652
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closerframe View Post
Aren't Death and Eternity technically brother and sister?
Besides QS/SW, this makes the most sense. Sort of I guess. lol. In a way that like... If Joss wanted to throw us off but he's not outright lying, this is what he probably meant. Since Thanos has dealings with these two.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #653
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

Really good conversation about the possibility of the bro-sis not being QS/SW. Best way to come to the proper conclusion is to explore all the others.

From reading through this forum for several months, if QS/SW are to be introduced, I think they will be Inhumans, especially if they will be given their own film in Phase 3.

On the character sharing between Fox and Marvel, I don't believe they would have come to a new agreement but rather explored what their current deal meant. These characters exist in a weird middle ground and lawyers would have been called to figure out what it all means. Fox has no incentive to give up characters they have exclusive rights to, unless given a reason. I suppose they could have been offered money, but I don't think Marvel would have done that.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #654
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

This "news" is just continuing to boggle my mind. One of SW's main plot points as an Avenger is her relationship with Vision right? Who we can't have until Ultron, who we can't have until Pym, who we can't really have without Wasp. So what's the idea? GIVE ME MORE INFO JOSS! D:

Old 04-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #655
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Vision only came after Scarlet Witch though. He didn't arrive until sometime later, whereas Wanda was there already from about issue 16 just with her brother.

We don't need Vision yet to have Scarlet Witch. And besides, she wasn't always with him. Later on she had some dalliances with Wonder Man.

Hopefully they won't go the Ultimates route though and have her in an incestuous relationship with Pietro.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #656
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

lol. hopefully.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #657
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Its probably Wanda/Pietro..the only other siblings i can think of are T'Challa/Shuri but that makes little sense
Yeah, they'll probably do a similar thing to what Fox is doing with Viper. They'll include the characters, but change them to fit into the MCU. They probably won't be classified as mutants.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #658
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I'm pretty sure at draft #1 of The Avengers Joss was dead set on Wasp being in the movie. Things can change. They always do.
He said he included Wasp in a draft at a point in time when Marvel thought ScarJo wasn't going to come back

Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #659
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZaTrOn View Post
There is a big difference between brother/sister act and actual brother and sister. One could say that Hawkeye and Black Widow from the Avengers was a brother/sister act in some ways. I think it'll just be two characters who are like bro and sis. Personally I wouldn't like to see Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver yet. I mean it'd be great but their backstory really adds to the characters motives. We'll have to wait and see!
I considered this possibility as well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #660
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Vision only came after Scarlet Witch though. He didn't arrive until sometime later, whereas Wanda was there already from about issue 16 just with her brother.

We don't need Vision yet to have Scarlet Witch. And besides, she wasn't always with him. Later on she had some dalliances with Wonder Man.

Hopefully they won't go the Ultimates route though and have her in an incestuous relationship with Pietro.
As long as they keep Jeph Loeb away from the production, there is no need to worry about that...or a Widow/Stark tape hitting the internet.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #661
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Clearly a misdirection -- he's probably referring to Thanos and a female version of Starfox.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #662
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

He mentions the "brother/sister act" bit again in this video, this time after being asked flat out about new characters.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #663
Chewy
REDACTED

He says they're already talking to actors about those roles, so I guess we should be finding out in the near future

I know I shouldn't but I'm getting my hopes up just a little bit about Scarlet Witch

Old 04-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #664
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

I wonder how different things would be if Wanda was introduced in Iron Man 2. I think it was Scarlett Johansson that said Scarlet Witch was one of the characters they were thinking of casting her as.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #665
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
He says they're already talking to actors about those roles, so I guess we should be finding out in the near future

I know I shouldn't but I'm getting my hopes up just a little bit about Scarlet Witch
You know how these thing's end up. You're definitely setting yourself up for the big fall.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #666
Chewy
REDACTED

I know but dat Scarlet Witch

Old 04-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #667
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

In the Hype's interview with Kevin Feige, he said that both Fox and Marvel were able to use the characters, but Marvel couldn't make reference to mutants or Magneto.

Quote:

SHH: What about the future of "The Avengers?" I don't know if you want to bring in new characters or just keep the core team. Characters like the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, are they part of Fox's deal or are they characters you could use?

Feige: We both have them. There's a specific arrangement with those two characters that would allow us to use them with "Avengers," but not discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage. They can use them as mutants and as Magneto's relatives, but cannot have anything to do with "The Avengers."

SHH: So whichever universe uses them first basically gets to keep them.

Feige: Yeah. Contracts are always complicated. (chuckles)

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...ez-kevin-feige
The last bit is significant about whichever one uses them first gets to keep them. Now that may not be necessarily legally, but in the public eye, that would be the version of them first established. So maybe it's a rush to get Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver onto the big screen first so that the Marvel version will be the true version and anything Fox puts out will be seen as a pale imitation.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #668
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
In the Hype's interview with Kevin Feige, he said that both Fox and Marvel were able to use the characters, but Marvel couldn't make reference to mutants or Magneto.

The last bit is significant about whichever one uses them first gets to keep them. Now that may not be necessarily legally, but in the public eye, that would be the version of them first established. So maybe it's a rush to get Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver onto the big screen first so that the Marvel version will be the true version and anything Fox puts out will be seen as a pale imitation.
Sharing characters with a billion-plus box office megahit is not a bad position to be in, pale imitation or not. I could see FOX incorporating their version of the Maximoff siblings into the DOFP follow-up as a way of drafting off of the success of the Avengers sequel.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #669
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Except DoFP comes out a year before Avengers 2.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #670
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Except DoFP comes out a year before Avengers 2.
I'm assuming that DOFP will be successful and have a sequel with Fassbender becoming a daddy.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #671
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Old 04-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #672
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

so from that interview we have "brother-sister act" from when he read the comics growing up, and "villains" plural.

oh and idk why I havent been on the Avengers 2 boards yet, I check every other Phase 2 board lol duh

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #673
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

it's had the least news thus far. If we are even dubbing this "news"

Old 04-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #674
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

We also have to remember that "brothero-sister act" doesn't mean siblings exactly, it could just be a 1-2 combo of male and female. I'm not jumping to any conclusions though since the movie is so far away and in its first draft lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #675
Chewy
REDACTED

Just the way he describes it, especially in that THR video, I'm not really sure who else he could be referring to. I can't think of another "brother-sister act" relating to the Avengers that he would have loved as a kid.

Plus SW and QS seem right up his alley, a conflicted formerly villainous woman who has trouble controlling her powers and a haughty prick who you're certain is a straight up villain until he turns around and does something not villainous.

Closed Thread