The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 02:42 AM   #51
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,068
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Seriously, I really really want a new DD movie. I don't understand why people bash on it, sure it was no masterpiece but it was no trainwreck either.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:43 AM   #52
fixxxer
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 586
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
^^^ Needs is a strong word. As much as some of us want it to happen it doesn't need to happen as far as money is concerned because once again let's face it the wants of the comic book fans are but a measly speck of the audience that would go see these films.

I do admit it could be a good idea to get the more "hardcore" heroes out under the Marvel Knights banner. However, I don't think they should get a whole Phase directed to them, they wouldn't rake in the money to warrant it.
'Needs' might have been a strong word. Let's say 'would benefit from', then.

With the 'MCU proper' heading in a more cosmic, world/universe endangering direction, there's a whole slew of MONETIZABLE street-level characters and stories that have been been given the slightly shorter end of the stick.

My proposal was never to dedicate an entire Phase to them. More like a separate division of Marvel to make, say, one hypothetical Marvel Knights movie a year on, say, a $75-100 million budget. I'm sure Feige could deputize someone to oversee these movies just how he himself has sheparded the Marvel movies thus far.

The mandate would essentially be:
1. In continuity with the MCU, proper.
2. No real narrative threads crossing over that would unnecessarily muddy the continuity.

IMO both of the above would be quite easy to implement.


Last edited by fixxxer; 04-23-2013 at 04:49 AM.
fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #53
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 750
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

^^^ Feige has stated there's two reasons why they can't do 3 movies a year even if they want to... 1. Money and 2. Risk of over-saturating the market. While your proposal could remedy 1, if WB starts putting out DC films every year starting 2016 like it's rumored to be doing then 2 becomes a bigger problem.

__________________
1) Man of Steel 2) Thor 2 3) The Wolverine 4) Pacific Rim 5) Iron Man 3 6) Oblivion 7) Mortal Instruments: City of Bones 8) Ender's Game 9) Beautiful Creatures 10) After Earth
blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #54
fixxxer
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 586
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
^^^ Feige has stated there's two reasons why they can't do 3 movies a year even if they want to... 1. Money and 2. Risk of over-saturating the market. While your proposal could remedy 1, if WB starts putting out DC films every year starting 2016 like it's rumored to be doing then 2 becomes a bigger problem.
Yes, those are the primary 2 points I kept in mind while thinking about how Marvel ought to go about this. While those are still problems to overcome, handing off the annual 'Marvel Knights' films to a different, isolated, but yet collaborative division of Marvel would melp mitigate both.

To address #1, the budget of these movies would be modest compared to tentpoles like the Iron Man, Thor and even Avengers films. I believe a $150-200 million worldwide gross would be the minimum amount required in order to justify a film made off of a $75-100 mill budget. I cannot imagine a 'Marvel' branded movie making less unless it is an absolute turd. I trust Fiege to put the right people in place, so much so that I cannot conceive of this scenario.

To address #2, tonally, these movies will be gritty and thus somewhat disassociated from the fun, bright mainstream MCU movies.

Note: I don't necessarily mean R-rated when I say gritty. Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe that nudity and/or viscera are essential to depicting Punisher (for example) on film.


Last edited by fixxxer; 04-23-2013 at 06:32 AM.
fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #55
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 750
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Yes, those are the primary 2 points I kept in mind while thinking about how Marvel ought to go about this. While those are still problems to overcome, handing off the annual 'Marvel Knights' films to a different, isolated, but yet collaborative division of Marvel would melp mitigate both.

To address #1, the budget of these movies would be modest compared to tentpoles like the Iron Man, Thor and even Avengers films. I believe a $150-200 million worldwide gross would be the minimum amount required in order to justify a film made off of a $75-100 mill budget. I cannot imagine a 'Marvel' branded movie making less unless it is an absolute turd. I trust Fiege to put the right people in place, so much so that I cannot conceive of this scenario.

To address #2, tonally, these movies will be gritty and thus somewhat disassociated from the fun, bright mainstream MCU movies.

Note: I don't necessarily mean R-rated when I say gritty. Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe that nudity and/or viscera are essential to depicting Punisher (for example) on film.
Like I said #1 is doable.
#2 however is more difficult because even if the films are different than the rest of the MCU movies they're still comic book movies and therefore still fall into the same category. TDK and Avengers are two totally different films but they still are superhero films. This is the over-saturation Fiege is talking about.

__________________
1) Man of Steel 2) Thor 2 3) The Wolverine 4) Pacific Rim 5) Iron Man 3 6) Oblivion 7) Mortal Instruments: City of Bones 8) Ender's Game 9) Beautiful Creatures 10) After Earth
blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #56
ShredderX
Side-Kick
 
ShredderX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery/Atlanta
Posts: 1,016
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

So I read on yahoo news that Fox has sold the DD rights to Disney

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #57
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 750
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX View Post
So I read on yahoo news that Fox has sold the DD rights to Disney
They didn't sell them they reverted back because Fox hasn't made a DD film in enough time

__________________
1) Man of Steel 2) Thor 2 3) The Wolverine 4) Pacific Rim 5) Iron Man 3 6) Oblivion 7) Mortal Instruments: City of Bones 8) Ender's Game 9) Beautiful Creatures 10) After Earth
blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #58
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
Like I said #1 is doable.
#2 however is more difficult because even if the films are different than the rest of the MCU movies they're still comic book movies and therefore still fall into the same category. TDK and Avengers are two totally different films but they still are superhero films. This is the over-saturation Fiege is talking about.
Honestly, I'm skeptical if over-saturation is really an issue. To date, people have gone to see good(successful) movies, and skipped bad(unsuccessful) ones; the effect of competition is the direct effect of having movies in theaters at the same time. IMO, saturation would only be an issue if they start making too many movies to properly space them out. Except lower budget "gritty" films would likely make for good non-peak releases, making it somewhat moot.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #59
samsnee
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,522
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Yes, those are the primary 2 points I kept in mind while thinking about how Marvel ought to go about this. While those are still problems to overcome, handing off the annual 'Marvel Knights' films to a different, isolated, but yet collaborative division of Marvel would melp mitigate both.

To address #1, the budget of these movies would be modest compared to tentpoles like the Iron Man, Thor and even Avengers films. I believe a $150-200 million worldwide gross would be the minimum amount required in order to justify a film made off of a $75-100 mill budget. I cannot imagine a 'Marvel' branded movie making less unless it is an absolute turd. I trust Fiege to put the right people in place, so much so that I cannot conceive of this scenario.

To address #2, tonally, these movies will be gritty and thus somewhat disassociated from the fun, bright mainstream MCU movies.

Note: I don't necessarily mean R-rated when I say gritty. Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe that nudity and/or viscera are essential to depicting Punisher (for example) on film.
Are you including marketing in your budget? I would say a $100M film has another $30-$40M in marketing attached to it, so a $200M BO wouldn't justify it. The MCU is more about spectacle. I say if you want to do street level heroes, then do a HBO tv series where you could actually do development over time and the budget would be sizeable or a tv show.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #60
QBComics
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 338
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

I want a new DD movie in the MCU so, so bad. Just have Mark Waid write it.

QBComics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #61
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 371
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Honestly, I'm skeptical if over-saturation is really an issue. To date, people have gone to see good(successful) movies, and skipped bad(unsuccessful) ones; the effect of competition is the direct effect of having movies in theaters at the same time. IMO, saturation would only be an issue if they start making too many movies to properly space them out. Except lower budget "gritty" films would likely make for good non-peak releases, making it somewhat moot.

So you're saying oversaturation would be an issue when the market becomes oversaturated. Got it

InternetPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #62
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes
 
Spuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,707
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

The following is my dream for the Daredevil reboot. It took me quite awhile to finally come up with the perfect cast/crew. Let me know what you think.


"Daredevil: The Man Without Fear"

directed by Nicolas Winding Refn OR Derek Cianfrance

music by Mike Patton

starring...

Ryan Gosling as "Matt Murdock/Daredevil"

M.C. Gainey as "Battlin' Jack Murdock"

Scott Glenn as "Stick"

Sean Astin as "Franklin "Foggy" Nelson"

Richard Jenkins as "Ben Urich"

Emily Blunt as "Elektra Natchios"

Mike Starr as "Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin"


Last edited by Spuzz; 04-24-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #63
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice
 
Eddie Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 6,208
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Here's my cast -

Ryan Gosling - Daredevil



Carey Mulligan - Karen Page



Bryan Cranston - Ben Urich



Albert Brooks - Kingpin



Oscar Isaac - Bullseye



Christina Hendricks - Elektra



Ron Perlman - Gladiator


__________________
Jesse Eisenberg Forever
Eddie Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #64
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Mr. Vigilante-10 Years
 
DaRkVeNgeanCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 12,715
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Well sorry to smash your dreams but I don't see Gosling ever playing a role anywhere close to a superhero or comic book character, in interviews he shows absolutely no interest in the genre.

__________________
GODZILLA
T H E A M A Z I N G S P I D E R - M A N 2 - M A Y 2
1939-2014: 75 YEARS OF THE BATMAN
- BEN AFFLECK IS BATMAN-#TrustBatfleck -
SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #65
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes
 
Spuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,707
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

AHAHAHA Nice. That cast seems familiar but I think it might just work!

Okay so if I had to switch Gosling out....what about Michael C Hall? I've see seen him discussed as a good Murdock online. And having finally seen Dexter I like him.

Also I respect Gosling and if he doesn't want to thats cool. Btu do you have a link to any of those interviews perchance?

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #66
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople View Post
So you're saying oversaturation would be an issue when the market becomes oversaturated. Got it
Ha ha.

There's two different usages of the term "over-saturation," here. One is the idea of "superhero fatigue", that people will get "tired" of superhero movies if there are too many of them. I see no evidence that this is actually a meaningful problem. The other is that if you have too many superhero movies, you'll run out of release dates. This is true, but its also not a problem for Marvel Studios so much as for the entire movie industry. Superhero movies compete for good release dates with all other demographically-similar movies; a big budget sci-fi or action movie is just as much competition for release dates as another superhero movie would be.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #67
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 750
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
AHAHAHA Nice. That cast seems familiar but I think it might just work!

Okay so if I had to switch Gosling out....what about Michael C Hall? I've see seen him discussed as a good Murdock online. And having finally seen Dexter I like him.

Also I respect Gosling and if he doesn't want to thats cool. Btu do you have a link to any of those interviews perchance?
It's familiar because most of it is the cast to Drive lol

__________________
1) Man of Steel 2) Thor 2 3) The Wolverine 4) Pacific Rim 5) Iron Man 3 6) Oblivion 7) Mortal Instruments: City of Bones 8) Ender's Game 9) Beautiful Creatures 10) After Earth
blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #68
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice
 
Eddie Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 6,208
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Or all of it.

__________________
Jesse Eisenberg Forever
Eddie Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #69
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 750
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Ha ha.

There's two different usages of the term "over-saturation," here. One is the idea of "superhero fatigue", that people will get "tired" of superhero movies if there are too many of them. I see no evidence that this is actually a meaningful problem. The other is that if you have too many superhero movies, you'll run out of release dates. This is true, but its also not a problem for Marvel Studios so much as for the entire movie industry. Superhero movies compete for good release dates with all other demographically-similar movies; a big budget sci-fi or action movie is just as much competition for release dates as another superhero movie would be.
No there was one usage. You decided to make it two different usages. And the problem is not that people are going to get tired of the genre (which is a concern actually), the problem is if or when people start trying to capitalize on the genre. When a new genre emerges people start trying to capitalize on it which in turn causes eventual over-saturation which causes only a few films in the genre to do well and everything else to do not so well. This is why Marvel doesn't want to make 3 films every single year. They know there's a good chance with too many superhero films many will not do so well. Marvel knows they won't be the only big name in town in the next couple years.

__________________
1) Man of Steel 2) Thor 2 3) The Wolverine 4) Pacific Rim 5) Iron Man 3 6) Oblivion 7) Mortal Instruments: City of Bones 8) Ender's Game 9) Beautiful Creatures 10) After Earth
blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #70
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 750
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
Or all of it.
Yeah, I couldn't remember if the red head chick was in it or not lol

__________________
1) Man of Steel 2) Thor 2 3) The Wolverine 4) Pacific Rim 5) Iron Man 3 6) Oblivion 7) Mortal Instruments: City of Bones 8) Ender's Game 9) Beautiful Creatures 10) After Earth
blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #71
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
No there was one usage. You decided to make it two different usages. And the problem is not that people are going to get tired of the genre (which is a concern actually), the problem is if or when people start trying to capitalize on the genre. When a new genre emerges people start trying to capitalize on it which in turn causes eventual over-saturation which causes only a few films in the genre to do well and everything else to do not so well. This is why Marvel doesn't want to make 3 films every single year. They know there's a good chance with too many superhero films many will not do so well. Marvel knows they won't be the only big name in town in the next couple years.
That's only a problem for Marvel insofar as anybody actually *can* compete with them. So far, the only people with a demonstrated ability to do so are Christopher Nolan and the Sony Spider-man movies. That's way far away from actually achieving saturation based on super hero films alone. Other people releasing crappy super hero films just results in Marvel steamrolling them.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #72
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero
 
Donnie Darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 11,069
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Newsarama has a thing up now for their casting ideas for Daredevil. They have Joseph Gordon Levitt as Daredevil. I could by that. He's a very good actor, familiar with action, and isn't afraid to get involved in a comic book franchise. I would much rather have him in Daredevil than taking over as Batman.

__________________
This is my signature.
Donnie Darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #73
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,227
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
Here's my cast -

Ryan Gosling - Daredevil



Carey Mulligan - Karen Page



Bryan Cranston - Ben Urich



Albert Brooks - Kingpin



Oscar Isaac - Bullseye



Christina Hendricks - Elektra



Ron Perlman - Gladiator

Should they really go with Kingpin, Elektra and Bullseye in the first movie again? It might seem like a retread if they go with the same villains from the previous movie.

They should go with some different villains to set this movie apart from the previous film. Have Kingpin through out the series, but have him use different villains as henchmen.

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #74
tvor03
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 182
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
Albert Brooks - Kingpin

I actually really like the idea of Albert Brooks as Kingpin. He always plays such a good villain, his best being Hank Scorpio.

tvor03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #75
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice
 
Eddie Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 6,208
Default Re: Daredevil reboot in the near future?

LOL!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
Jesse Eisenberg Forever
Eddie Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.