The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #26
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

She's a blonde(ish) woman playing Agent 13, described as Steve's love interest. That's Sharon. There's no reason whatsoever to split those characters for the sake of confusing a few fans on the internet. EVC is playing Sharon Carter.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #27
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
She's a blonde(ish) woman playing Agent 13, described as Steve's love interest. That's Sharon. There's no reason whatsoever to split those characters for the sake of confusing a few fans on the internet. EVC is playing Sharon Carter.
Yes. But Sharon Carter might not be much of a role at all.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #28
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Lots of people show up to premiere. It isn't really a question of how big their role is.

Natalie Dormer showed up to the CATFA premiere, despite being onscreen for maybe three minutes total.
Natalie Dormer went to the Captain America premiere because she was actually in the film. Like Ty Simpkins and Ashley Hamilton went to the Iron Man 3 premiere. Going to the premiere of a film you're not in is a completely different story. All of the MCU actors at the Iron Man 3 premiere who were not actually in Iron Man 3 were all people in prominent roles.

Quote:
Emily Vancamp was cast two months before shooting. That's cutting it way too close. Lead supporting roles are usually cast much earlier.
Robert Redford was cast even later than that.

Quote:
Her name is also almost last in the press release. It's five or seven names after Cobie Smudlers. She's after Georges goddamn St-Pierre.
Why are people so stuck on the press release?

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #29
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

As his love interest, I think she will have a substantial role.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #30
Mr. Dent

Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and the main villain of GotG still haven't been cast with only 2 months left to go until shooting begins. Does that mean they're minor characters?

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #31
DN91
Star-Spangled Man

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they go through a substantial search for a female lead of the film (not Black Widow, mind you), even going through several candidates before van Camp was cast?

Old 04-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #32
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN91 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they go through a substantial search for a female lead of the film (not Black Widow, mind you), even going through several candidates before van Camp was cast?
They went through quite a few actresses and auditions before deciding on van Camp. Marvel wouldn't have done an extensive search like that if they didn't plan on using her substantially.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #33
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Natalie Dormer went to the Captain America premiere because she was actually in the film. Like Ty Simpkins and Ashley Hamilton went to the Iron Man 3 premiere. Going to the premiere of a film you're not in is a completely different story. All of the MCU actors at the Iron Man 3 premiere who were not actually in Iron Man 3 were all people in prominent roles.
Fair enough, but Neal MacDonough went to the Iron Man 3 premiere, and Dum-Dum Dugan was certainly a minor role.

Quote:
Robert Redford was cast even later than that.
Fair enough, but it's Robert Redford. It is a casting coup. Not to mention we don't know if that itself a large role.

Not to mention that as Agent 13 is a physical role, one believes. She'd need more time to prep.

Quote:
Why are people so stuck on the press release?
Because you're supposed to? Also, it comes straight from Marvel, so...

I can understand her being listed behind Mackie, Stan, Johansson, Jackson, maybe even Smudlers. But when she's listed behind St-Pierre? yep, don't think we'll see much of her.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #34
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fair enough, but Neal MacDonough went to the Iron Man 3 premiere, and Dum-Dum Dugan was certainly a minor role.

Fair enough, but it's Robert Redford. It is a casting coup. Not to mention we don't know if that itself a large role.

Not to mention that as Agent 13 is a physical role, one believes. She'd need more time to prep.

Because you're supposed to? Also, it comes straight from Marvel, so...

I can understand her being listed behind Mackie, Stan, Johansson, Jackson, maybe even Smudlers. But when she's listed behind St-Pierre? yep, don't think we'll see much of her.
I don't think EVC needs much prep time for the physical stuff in the movie since Revenge already has her doing some physical stunts and action. It may not be on par with the action in a Marvel movie, but she's not exactly too far behind.

As for her listing, I really leaning towards Marvel is holding back on how much she's a part of this movie and the franchise's future. They may be use her quite a bit in her right away or will introduce her, get her a little bit of action, and go full-bore with her in future movies.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #35
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Quote:
They wouldn't have spent so much time trying to cast this role if it wasn't significant.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #36
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN91 View Post
EVC was on none of those lists.

And of those actresses that were on the list, three said they had never heard of the project.

Admittedly, two said they couldn't comment.

It's all a bit peculiar, but if you ask me? I find it hard to believe that Marvel was doing an exhaustive, months-long search for Sharon Carter -which isn't really a huge character in the Marvel universe and really, there's a lot of actresses who could play her- and cast her quite late in pre-production, only to mention her on the press-release as an afterthought.

Or maybe all those rumored actresses were bunk. Someone's sources were just very misinformed. And a couple of months before shooting, they cast an actress to play a bit part.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #37
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

She's playing Steve's love interest in the movie, from all reports. That's unlikely to be a bit part.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:32 AM   #38
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

You people must WANT her to have a small role or something.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #39
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

If she is Sharon, I don't want her to be the love interest and that's all. I'd love her to be her own character and just be a love interest on the side. I'd also like her to actually talk to Widow and Maria.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #40
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
They wouldn't have spent so much time trying to cast this role if it wasn't significant.
Who says they spent a lot of time on it? It's not a race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and the main villain of GotG still haven't been cast with only 2 months left to go until shooting begins. Does that mean they're minor characters?
Haven't been announced. We don't know if they've been cast or not, deals might have been signed months ago.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #41
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

This movie has a **** ton of characters. So its hard to see how they are going to be able to divvy up time with all these faces. Not to mention all these flashbacks that are supposed to have Peggy fight scenes.

- CM Punk
Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #42
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
This movie has a **** ton of characters. So its hard to see how they are going to be able to divvy up time with all these faces. Not to mention all these flashbacks that are supposed to have Peggy fight scenes.
I wouldnt say "**** ton" you gotta remember half the characters from it's predecessor are 90+ or dead. They had to recast the entire movie.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #43
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I wouldnt say "**** ton" you gotta remember half the characters from it's predecessor are 90+ or dead. They had to recast the entire movie.
He's right. There are a ton. We have Cap, Widow, Fury, EVC, Falcon, Crossbones, WS, Batroc, Arnim Zola, Maria Hill, Redford's role, etc.

That's a lot to juggle in one movie.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 04-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #44
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I don't think EVC needs much prep time for the physical stuff in the movie since Revenge already has her doing some physical stunts and action. It may not be on par with the action in a Marvel movie, but she's not exactly too far behind.
That's not really the point.

Maybe EVC can do the role and prep in two months, but a lot of actresses couldn't.

Basically, if EVC was cast two months before shooting, then that means than two and a half months before shooting, Sharon wasn't cast. Meaning that at the time, Marvel had no idea who was going to be Sharon or if she would action-scene capable.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #45
onyxrose81
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
He's right. There are a ton. We have Cap, Widow, Fury, EVC, Falcon, Crossbones, WS, Batroc, Arnim Zola, Maria Hill, Redford's role, etc.

That's a lot to juggle in one movie.
Do you honestly think all these people will have significant screen time? They may only be in the movie at most for a scene or two, or lurking in the background.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #46
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
You people must WANT her to have a small role or something.
Not at all. It just genuinely looks like she'll have screentime comparable to Leslie Bibb as opposed to Gwyneth Paltrow.

Last edited by BullMcGiveny; 04-26-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #47
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxrose81 View Post
Do you honestly think all these people will have significant screen time? They may only be in the movie at most for a scene or two, or lurking in the background.
For most of them, yes, I do think they'll have a lot of screen time. Really, Batroc is the only one I see who might be relegated to one-and-done duty.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 04-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #48
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

there's nothing to say one way or the other whether her part is big or not. We just don't know. Many actors/actresses have been cast 2 months prior to filming, and there parts were huge, so that's not a sign. Chris Evans himself wasn't even cast til around 3 months out, and Hayley Atwell herself was cast just over 2 months out. I personally hope her part is decent, she's a great actress, and I hope there chemistry is great, I'm assuming that's why they casted her.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #49
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
For most of them, yes, I do think they'll have a lot of screen time. Really, Batroc is the only one I see who might be relegated to one-and-done duty.
I don't think Hill will have much screen time either, or Zola or Redford for that matter. Not that their roles are not important, I just think they'll not see much screen time.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #50
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Haven't been announced. We don't know if they've been cast or not, deals might have been signed months ago.
Okay, that could have been the case for Emily too. The point still stands.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Closed Thread