The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Love interest for Cap
Sharon Carter 86 79.63%
Wasp 3 2.78%
Other 19 17.59%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #176
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Now that's a very bad example, because a) he's listed in the main cast, and b) everyone knows that when a big actor/ main character is listed last, it signifies the most prestigious role other than the primary protagonist. It's the "and" status that Kingsley has, just like Samuel L Jackson had and Robert Redford may have in Cap 2.

It's if you come after the "and" credit of the main cast, that's where all the minor roles/ cameo appearances usually go. That's where Emily Van Camp is listed.

You don't think that Maximillano Hernandez has the prestigious "and" credit by being listed last in that article do you?

Even anyone who doesn't think Emily has a reduced role would see your example of Kingsley as a bad one.
Now you're just being silly

and Max Hernandez is supposed to have a larger role in this movie so that's not really a good example either....

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #177
ctsketch
Side-Kick

So you're saying GSP...who is filming for barely a week has a main role while Emily has a tiny one?

Also I supposed Odin has a tiny role in Thor because he is after the "and"

Old 04-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #178
Lorus
Side-Kick

I'm not sure if the last few posts are to be taken seriously, but the 'with', 'and' and 'x as y' credits are often reserved for actors of particular prestige or famous character actors etc. I'm pretty sure those credits are considered something of an honour. VanCamp doesn't have that type of credit.

Lorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #179
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Now you're just being silly

and Max Hernandez is supposed to have a larger role in this movie so that's not really a good example either....
What, like the rest of Hollywood who lists credits exactly the way I've specified with the "and", "with" credits etc?

Now you're just being ignorant.

And regardless of whether Hernandez has a larger role, there's no way he's getting the "and" credit by being listed last in that article.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #180
ctsketch
Side-Kick

We'll see. I looked at some initial marvel synopses vs full synopses and names have changed positions. So at this stage even that isn't a good indication.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #181
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
We'll see. I looked at some initial marvel synopses vs full synopses and names have changed positions. So at this stage even that isn't a good indication.
Well, actually we won't see, because there's absolutely no dispute about the "and" and "with" credits in any cast list. It's common knowledge.

So in the example you gave of Ben Kingsley, the reason he's listed at the end is because he's been given that prestigious credit. In Cap 2, that "and" credit will most likely go to Robert Redford, while SLJ gets the "with" credit.

Emily Van Camp and Max Hernandez have to go before both of them when the film credits roll. If they come after the "and", you can be sure they are minor characters.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #182
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

What makes us think Emily had a large role in the first place?

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #183
MCU
Side-Kick

Im honestly think with Black Widow announced to have such a large role in the film she might have a little thing going on with Cap. Maybe. Prob not, its just most likely gonna use her relationship with Winter Soldier but I kinda want a little Cap/Widow flirting lol.

MCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #184
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, this will be the last time I say this. Press releases(and the order or placement of names) are not good indicators of how much screen time an actor or actress will have. Until we get further information from either interviews(with cast, crew, or producers), a more detailed plot description, set reports(or filming photos), or trailers, we simply cannot be sure how large or small Emily's role in the film will be. Worrying about it or convincing yourself that she only has a cameo because of the placement of her name in the press release at this point is just ridiculous.

DarthMuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #185
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
What makes us think Emily had a large role in the first place?
Before she was even cast, the role Marvel was searching for was always described as "the female lead" or "main love interest." Trades like THR and Variety don't make that stuff up, and they weren't guessing.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #186
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well, actually we won't see, because there's absolutely no dispute about the "and" and "with" credits in any cast list. It's common knowledge.

So in the example you gave of Ben Kingsley, the reason he's listed at the end is because he's been given that prestigious credit. In Cap 2, that "and" credit will most likely go to Robert Redford, while SLJ gets the "with" credit.

Emily Van Camp and Max Hernandez have to go before both of them when the film credits roll. If they come after the "and", you can be sure they are minor characters.
but these aren't the credits, yet 0.o...it's an initial synopsis...

Old 04-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #187
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick

This!

Quote:
but these aren't the credits, yet 0.o...it's an initial synopsis...
And THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Before she was even cast, the role Marvel was searching for was always described as "the female lead" or "main love interest." Trades like THR and Variety don't make that stuff up, and they weren't guessing.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #188
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick

Because this thread has been stagnant a little too long...

Old 04-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #189
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm very excited to see Emily VanCamp in this movie because she is amazing on Revenge!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #190
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

Gotta admit, Caps got good taste

InternetPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:07 AM   #191
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

We're "not positive" this is Sharon Carter yet right?

If it is, how exactly is she related to Peggy? Niece would make her in the 50-60 year old range. Granddaughter is too weird. Grandniece would probably fit the best. But then who is this Sharon's mystery woman mother? Kind of an odd situation...

Old 04-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #192
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMuppet View Post
Because this thread has been stagnant a little too long...

What a classy broad.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #193
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
We're "not positive" this is Sharon Carter yet right?

If it is, how exactly is she related to Peggy? Niece would make her in the 50-60 year old range. Granddaughter is too weird. Grandniece would probably fit the best. But then who is this Sharon's mystery woman mother? Kind of an odd situation...
At this point, the idea that it might not be Sharon is simply grasping at straws. It's Agent 13, I mean... c'mon. And obviously, her relation to Peggy is going to be retconned. I'd say Grandniece is the most likely answer(probably Peggy's brother's son's daughter). And who cares who Sharon's mother is? All that's important is that she's related to Peggy and grew up hearing Peggy talk about having known Captain America.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #194
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
What a classy broad.
Agreed!

Old 06-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #195
Blackman
King Kong

Has there been any set pictures or interviews with VanCamp?

I hope her role isnt too small with Black Widow taking most of the shine.

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #196
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Has there been any set pictures or interviews with VanCamp?

I hope her role isnt too small with Black Widow taking most of the shine.
She did some shooting in April, how long exactly is unknown. There's been no reports of her being on the Washington set and she's currently vacationing according to her Twitter account.

Unless she goes to the Cleveland set soon (they rap up this month, don't they?) or they announce there's a fourth filming location, or return to the Los Angeles soundstages, I think Sharon's going to be a smallish role. Or perhaps they rewrote her as something other than a field agent, which would suck.

BullMcGiveny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #197
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

This whole thing has been pretty weird, I'm not even sure, anymore.

I mean there's been plenty of signs that Natasha is all over the movie, and EVC has been gone for some time.

But EVC was announced as playing the female lead. How reliable is Deadline, though?

We had months of reports about ongoing casting, and fair enough, at least two said they didn't know a thing about it, while a third kind of had a role in Iron Man 3, but two actresses did hint there was something to it.

If there is any truth to all those casting rumors, it would seem like a lot of work to cast a small role. I would think they went through all the effort in order to set her up for Cap3, but then, if I was Marvel, I'd probably make it a surprise and keep the casting under wraps.

It's also been said that the movie has lots of twists and turns, and much of the action we've so far seen seems to be early in the movie. Heck, Steve isn't even in costume for any of it.

So I wonder if, perhaps, EVC filmed A LOT of stuff in LA that come into play in the third act, or if Black Widow's role is actually smaller than it looks.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #198
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
This whole thing has been pretty weird, I'm not even sure, anymore.

I mean there's been plenty of signs that Natasha is all over the movie, and EVC has been gone for some time.

But EVC was announced as playing the female lead. How reliable is Deadline, though?

We had months of reports about ongoing casting, and fair enough, at least two said they didn't know a thing about it, while a third kind of had a role in Iron Man 3, but two actresses did hint there was something to it.

If there is any truth to all those casting rumors, it would seem like a lot of work to cast a small role. I would think they went through all the effort in order to set her up for Cap3, but then, if I was Marvel, I'd probably make it a surprise and keep the casting under wraps.

It's also been said that the movie has lots of twists and turns, and much of the action we've so far seen seems to be early in the movie. Heck, Steve isn't even in costume for any of it.

So I wonder if, perhaps, EVC filmed A LOT of stuff in LA that come into play in the third act, or if Black Widow's role is actually smaller than it looks.
Or deadline is outdated and although there was a long casting process, EVC's role was reduced or rewritten during filming and Scarlett's beefed up. Scarjo clearly looks like the female lead and is listed as such.

And for all those arguing that Ben Kingsley was listed last in the press articles or credits but does that mean he only has a small role, well ultimately he did.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #199
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Yeah... Just got kind of hopeful this afternoon.

It would be highly irregular, though. A lead character being written down in the two months between the casting announcement and filming commencing.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #200
Ksb36
Side-Kick

I think the problem is that the ass-kicking superspy female role is being filled by Black Widow, and ScarJo is a much bigger name. There's not thematically much difference between BW and SC.

I also don't buy that BW and Cap will ever get it on--that wonderful, subtle relationship between BW and Hawkeye WILL be explored further in Avengers 2. Bank on it.

They're rewriting these movies constantly and I think as time went on, they realized that thematically, there's no room for Cap to have much of a love interest in the movie. Bucky is his effective love interest. LOL.

(Though I still secretly hold out hope that Hayley is playing Sharon Carter. I am sorry but EVC is a lightweight--a pretty girl with little range or gravitas.)

Ksb36 is offline   Reply With Quote