The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #26
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: How should they handle Wolverine in this movie? (if he had to be in it..)

I think he should have a substantial role, but he shouldn't be the main star. I hope future Wolverine will at least be there, but I'm wondering if we'll see present Wolverine. I would like to see the possible future Wolverine die in a spectacular way, it would help push the point of how bad things have got in the future.

Also I would like it if future Wolverine resembled the one from the Wolverine tie-in game (which had scenes set in a future like DoFP).

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #27
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Default Re: How should they handle Wolverine in this movie? (if he had to be in it..)

hmm... back then it was possible to kill Wolverine by incineration. Curious. Even Nitro couldn't do that.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #28
magneto23
Side-Kick

Minimal role. Give him a few action sequences with the sentinels and that's about it. The story will be taking place with the First Class characters and that doesn't leave a lot of screen time for Wolverine IMO.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #29
bhayes
Side-Kick

i have a good idea. make ellen page (shadowcat) the time traveler. show wolverine dying in the future just like in the comic at the hands of sentienls. since colossus and storm are around in x3 they can be resistance fighters and it can be similar to the comic.

angel, ice-man, rogue, beast and some of the morlocks get cameos because they are resistance fighters too along with magneto.

they can highlight that the cure weapon doesn't have lasting affects which could explain magneto having his powers back.

so ellen page travels back and meets with xavier and the team but midway thru the film ellen page convinces xavier that they have to enlist wolverine to help stop the preventable event. and they get the wolverine from the first class cameo.

but the trick is this is the same "bone claws" wolverine we saw in the WWII cameo from The Wolverine. thus connecting it to The Wolverine film.

but during the final battle wolverine gets his bone claws damaged or ripped out/crushed and he ends up claw-less

they could reintroduce a proper william stryker with a southern accent like in x2. he brings his son jason to the school for the gifted they way xavier says he did in x2.

william stryker is a millitary leader and he sees wolverine fighting and sees his potential and he meets up with stryker and learns about adamantium. when the fighting is over the first class crew tells wolverine that they need him on the team but logan decides to work with stryker instead.

but this 70's wolverine is more bad ass and is meaner. He's the bad ass that stryker hints that he is in x2.

After its over xavier tries to recruit wolverine but wolverine decides to sign on with stryker and do black ops missions.

but this is a good way to erase orgins and just have dialogue that establishes the fact that the timeline is that x-men1 - the wolverine is its own timeline. similar to star trek reboot where they establish that the new timeline and old timelines are different.

and first class is its own trilogy

but that orgins is some kind of bad dream

and i think they need to establish that first class timeline is an alternate past and the xmen triliogy/the wolverine is an alternate parallel future.

bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #30
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
I'd rather see this first. get it and him out the way.
amen, if only

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #31
Super Jim
Side-Kick

I would like to see the movie start off in the post X3 present. Wolverine has accepted his role in helping to keep Xavier's dream alive. He's working with Storm (the leader), Colossus, Iceman, Kitty and Rogue (who's powers are back). Xavier is not there and the whole Charle's mind in his comatose twin brother concept is not even mentioned (because I don't want to throw up in my mouth again)...

Rogue and Bobby have still not been able to get together because of her powers. They were able to spend a couple of months together after she took the cure, but that wore off and ever since it's been the same old thing. Rogue is jealous of the relationship that has formed between Colossus and Kitty as well. And after she sees them kissing she gets upset and goes to one of the newer members of the X-men, Forge. She begs him to invent something that will allow her and Bobby to be together. Not something that will take away her powers, just control them...

He creates an inhibitor collar. They have an implied intimate scene together (at least kissing)...

One day, while out and about (with the collar on) Rogue is attacked. She removes the collar so she can fight. Both she and Bobby fight as best as they can. but they are not doing well. A new mutant joins in the fight, stepping in front of an energy blast saving her. The villain, seeing the collar, realizes what it is and grabs it (or maybe he was sent for it). He then grabs Bobby and drains his powers, opens a timewarp and jumps in. The new mutant jumps in before it closes. The present changes around them and we see Professor Xavier at either an internment camp or a rebel base pause while he realizes that something ain't right...

1972 - Vietnam

A gun fight is in process. A native-American soldier orders his men to retreat. As he turns to run an enemy combatant comes forward and raises his weapon. Another soldier jumps in front of the other and takes the shot in the chest, saving the man. At he falls back his helmet falls off and the 6 razor sharp knives protruding from his arms pull from the enemy, who falls over dead. The Native-American soldier comes to his aid, right when an enemy granade lands at their feet. It explodes sending both men flying. The Wolverine slams against a nearby tree and lands in a heap. His burned skin heals almost immediately. He goes over to help the other soldier who is obviosuly much worse off. Picking up his fallen comrade he calls out for a medic...

The changed future

A young mutant girl is running from something. Fires envelope buildings in the distance. She hears a noise and ducks against the side of a building. Three large robots fly overhead. She continues on and turns a corner. A large robot Sentinal lands in from of her and raises his hand towards her. A round sensor in the hand starts to radiate energy. But before it can fire it pauses. The young girl sees metal claws rip throught the robot's torso. He jumps down, using his claws against the robots legs to slow his descent. The robot tilts over destroyed. He tells the girl to follow him, and he takes her to the rebel's hideout...

Anyway, you can see where I'm going. Since the character is already in both times, he shouldn't be timetraveling. Just a little bit in the past, in Vietnam, since that is what the 70's were about, but a bigger role in the changed future. Maybe he leads a team to free a captured mutant from an internment camp, one with the power to teleport through time (Blink?). Maybe he has to free Xavier from the sentinal controlled internment camp. Maybe it is Forge (an older version with a robotic leg and arm)...

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #32
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I just really hope he's not the time traveler, other than that I'm fine with whatever else they do with him.

They HAVE to show him getting blown to smithereens by the Sentinels though - that's just such an iconic moment from this storyline. Not to mention it really would drive home how dire the future is if Wolverine can't even survive.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #33
lastairbender
Side-Kick

I want him to finally wear some kind of costume and mask. It will probably be the last time we will see him..

lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #34
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Some action scenes would be fine. I just hope they don't make the clutch of the movie like he usually is.

Mad Ones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #35
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i'm betting wolverine,storm,iceman,kitty,rogue and colossus will time travel

after all the 70s stuff can't work with just Xavier,mystique,beast and magneto

really there is no need to give wolverine a big role in this film, doing so won't guarantee it to a good film, give him a decent amount of screentime and add it to the trailers, done!, it worked with cyclops in X3 =P

Old 04-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #36
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
I want him to finally wear some kind of costume and mask. It will probably be the last time we will see him..
nah if they make an X4 then he will be back and if he makes another wolverine movie, which is possible, his solo trilogy :P

they might make him wear the mask at some point but its more of a comicbook thing and not something that would make sense on screen

Old 04-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #37
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i doubt wolverine will have grey in his hair, he has looked the same since the 60s =p

Old 04-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #38
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i'm betting wolverine,storm,iceman,kitty,rogue and colossus will time travel
I doubt that many will travel - that would just be too much and would make the future scenes useless because no one would be in them. Not to mention you just know some of the big wigs that you named are certainly going to bite it at some point to add drama.

If I had to guess, I would say max two to three of them will travel and with us knowing that Blink and Bishop are in this, I have a hunch it'll be those two so they're able to focus on the returning characters while giving some shine to the newcomers.

Last edited by SuperT; 04-26-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #39
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hopefully he'll get the same screentime with Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Storm, Shadowcat and Bishop. Its time we see a balanced screentime for all of the X-Men.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #40
storyteller
Side-Kick

After the Events of the Wolverine and he is not the main character. He should be like Cyclops and have like 5 minutes of screen time.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #41
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

LOL! Thats not gonna happen. He's the poster boy of this series. You do that and you would disappoint most of the general viewers who are only familiar with Wolverine.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #42
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Wasn't too crazy about it before, but I'm pretty excited to see where Logan's character is taken after The Wolverine.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:27 AM   #43
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

The thing I'm most interested about this is how the events of The Wolverine connect to the post-X3 timeline in Days of Future Past. We haven't seen the film yet, but I'm curious if they're even going to make a slight effort to connect them somehow.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:20 AM   #44
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
The thing I'm most interested about this is how the events of The Wolverine connect to the post-X3 timeline in Days of Future Past. We haven't seen the film yet, but I'm curious if they're even going to make a slight effort to connect them somehow.
I hope they do so. It would be an ideal opportunity to tease DoFP.

Marvel almost always does this sort of thing with a post-credits scene (except for the okay-but-not-that-exciting Iron Man 3, where you have to wait through 10 minutes of credits for something that's not worth it).

Old 04-26-2013, 06:41 AM   #45
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I hope they do so. It would be an ideal opportunity to tease DoFP.

Marvel almost always does this sort of thing with a post-credits scene (except for the okay-but-not-that-exciting Iron Man 3, where you have to wait through 10 minutes of credits for something that's not worth it).
Haven't seen IM3 yet, so I can't comment, but an after-credits scene for The Wolverine would be great. Even if it's something subtle as Wolverine waking up from a loud noise or some disturbance, walking out and looking up to something in the sky that throws a large shadow over him - or just something that connects to DOFP in any way to let us know where exactly does it fall in the overall timeline.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #46
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

really wolverine could get away with a reduced role for DOFP because the fact he just came off his own solo film a year earlier, not saying 5 min of screen time but also not say lead save the day at end role. just a role within whats going on in the story along with the other Xmen

singer has said he believes there is more life in the franchise then just wolverine so be interesting to see what happens

Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #47
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think Blink will transport him,Kitty,herself,and possibly Xavier to 1973.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #48
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I think Blink will transport him,Kitty,herself,and possibly Xavier to 1973.
Why would wolverine need to be the time traveler though? are we saying the time travelers will get more screentime then the other future Xmen? but then why are there so many future cast?, if the film switches back and forth then it seems like wolverine will get the same amount of screentime either way, but if we are saying once they go to the past we don't see no more of the future then i still have to ask why are there so many of the future cast to give screentime too

Wolverine could stay in the future and fight sentinals, pehaps better off then being in the 70s doing.. whatever, its not gonna be anything new for him after all we seen him in a bar in the 60s so doesn't seem like anything really special for him to do.

it seems like your saying his the most loved Xman so he will be the time traveler, not that it there is anything there for him.

if it turns out once they go to the past we see no more of the future stuff then im guessing there will be more then 3 time travelers.

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 04-26-2013 at 10:35 AM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #49
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

They can certainly switch back and forth between the future and the past just like they did in the comics which is why I think Bishop and Blink will travel back in time.

That way, with those two in the past it'll feel like two new characters added to the First Class team with the story split between 1973 & the future where the returning cast members still get screen time. If you keep Blink and Bishop in the future, they would most certainly get swamped underneath the returning cast members. As I said, this way it gives them character development and importance to the story if they are the time travelers.

That makes the most sense to me.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #50
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

1mar Sy starts another film In late may.Bishop will only be In future scenes
most likely with that schedule
2:They are unlikely to transport most of cast from future to past to face only
Magneto and Mystique In 1973
3:Transporting the biggest star of series and most popular X-Man to past makes
sense In Fox's answer to the Avengers.It allows crossover between casts of
Trilogy and First Class.

Adding characters to First Class world Isn't their priority In this film.
You have 8 characters from trilgoy vs 4 from first Class.Plus you added 4 to
OT characters.This Is more X4 than First Class 2.