The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 04-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #401
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

i personally love this trailer, I can't stop watching it.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #402
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I'm all for constructive criticism, but where does this "it looks like a TV show" crap start? I remember people trolling Avengers with that kind of crap. It's like Joss Whedon and Alan Taylor are television directors, therefore everything they do looks like television. What a load of crap.
Things like that come from dc fanboys. It's expected.

Donar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #403
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Things like that come from dc fanboys. It's expected.
Honestly, I don't understand why there is so much hate between some marvel and dc fans.

Superhero fans should stick together.

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #404
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Honestly, I don't understand why there is so much hate between some marvel and dc fans.

Superhero fans should stick together.

Blame Marvel's success with its cinematic universe. It makes some fanboys feel threatened by it, it seems.

Donar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #405
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

People are hardwired to think in binary terms: no matter the context, it's always "us and them."

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #406
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

that guys a cool looking Joker

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #407
Bren
Forevernoob

I was going to go on a rant saying how hypocritical it was that if you favourably compare the Thor teaser to the MOS teasers (boring, silly, no 'Superman') you're in the clear of being accused a fanboy/girl, blind fanaticism towards Marvel. But if you are the opposite, well then you're exactly the above but towards DC.

But then I thought... "Yeah that guy IS a cool looking Joker.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #408
Bren
Forevernoob

But critically that's unfair, because with his mask Live-Action Deadpool couldn't hope to emote and draw in our emotions like Joker could. The director of the gif should have recognised this, or the actor should have negotiated some facetime in his contract.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #409
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

I agree. Deadpool got screwed over. I'm issuing a formal complaint with the creator of the gif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Mrs. Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #410
Bren
Forevernoob

Good stuff, that'll make two formal complaints and they'd have to listen.

Btw, your sig is wrong to an extent; Lord of the Rings: Superman would grab the ground and pull the mountain to him. Sauron himself would politely point out the hottest part of the fire. Superman would then eat the ring like a donut.

I think I've given myself away as a Superman fanboy

Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #411
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I think Deadpool can show lots of emotion just through his actions, I've seen like 3 or 4 deadpool gifs (that I think are all the same guy) and when I see them I just think "yeah that's Deadpool to a T right there.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #412
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #413
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

basically this whole page is golden!

http://io9.com/5927243/collection-of...est-thing-ever

Old 04-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #414
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
basically this whole page is golden!

http://io9.com/5927243/collection-of...est-thing-ever
jackpot!

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #415
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Good stuff, that'll make two formal complaints and they'd have to listen.

Btw, your sig is wrong to an extent; Lord of the Rings: Superman would grab the ground and pull the mountain to him. Sauron himself would politely point out the hottest part of the fire. Superman would then eat the ring like a donut.

Sauron is no fool. If Superman existed in the LOTR world, the ring would be made of Kryptonite.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #416
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Old 04-26-2013, 05:58 AM   #417
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
Until someone actually explains that criticism in at least some detail I'll just treat it as weak attempts at trolling.
Very well I might as well as explain.When we say it looks like a tv show we mean it looks like a tv show.Its visuals were commenting on-Specifically the non-asgard scenes-Forest battle scene and prison scene comes to mind.To be brutally honest I thought
Thor 1 looks better visually when compared to this.

Also for the record I don think Avengers or any other MCU film looks tv show like.I also need to state that just because someone isnt raving about something doesnt
make them trolls. Im open to my mind being impressed with later trailers.This underwhelmed considering all the talk about alternate realms

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:02 AM   #418
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post

That's funny since if you didn't add the last part I thought you were making fun of the character.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #419
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Very well I might as well as explain.When we say it looks like a tv show we mean it looks like a tv show.Its visuals were commenting on-Specifically the non-asgard scenes-Forest battle scene and prison scene comes to mind.To be brutally honest I thought
Thor 1 looks better visually when compared to this.

Also for the record I don think Avengers or any other MCU film looks tv show like.I also need to state that just because someone isnt raving about something doesnt
make them trolls. Im open to my mind being impressed with later trailers.This underwhelmed considering all the talk about alternate realms
I don't care about people not liking it but just going in and throwing out some stereotypical derogatory term and not explaining themselves is how trolls tend to work.

Then again your explanations do very little to help, especially when to come up with an example you name a scene that's shown for literary 1 second (and still has effects that clearly exceeds every similar scene I've seen on TV). I don't know what you refer to in the prison scene either. We get a couple of shots outside that really looks big and then it's a couple of intimate shots of the characters.

This looks far bigger than the first one, the graphic design is clearly taken up to new levels of quality and detail and you'll never find a TV show that looks like this. I can get if someone likes the previous design better but this is clearly more expensive. Not even Game of Thrones gets close in looks to mention a show with great production values, apart from costumes and some real sets which is of high movie quality on that show.

But if you can point me to a TV show that looks like this, I'll be glad to accept that tip.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 AM   #420
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

that dead pool stuff is HILARIOUS

but uum

sometimes people just argue for the sake of not being wrong. When you ask them to explain some of the nonsense they say its gray. don't bother. let the trolls be trolls.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:50 AM   #421
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't care about people not liking it but just going in and throwing out some stereotypical derogatory term and not explaining themselves is how trolls tend to work.

Then again your explanations do very little to help, especially when to come up with an example you name a scene that's shown for literary 1 second (and still has effects that clearly exceeds every similar scene I've seen on TV). I don't know what you refer to in the prison scene either. We get a couple of shots outside that really looks big and then it's a couple of intimate shots of the characters.

This looks far bigger than the first one, the graphic design is clearly taken up to new levels of quality and detail and you'll never find a TV show that looks like this. I can get if someone likes the previous design better but this is clearly more expensive. Not even Game of Thrones gets close in looks to mention a show with great production values, apart from costumes and some real sets which is of high movie quality on that show.

But if you can point me to a TV show that looks like this, I'll be glad to accept that tip.

Off the top of my head Spartacus.Its not Viking related but you get my piont.
To a smaller extent Merlin.I havent watched GOT so i cant comment on it but the litlle I have seen seem on par with Thor 2 non-earth scenes.The prison scene I mentioned because it looked very much tv show budget like.In addition to tht Id mention the whole floating Jane in darkness scene at the end.

Believe it or not it is possible not to be impressed by the Thor 2 trailer.
And I know the movie is supposed to be bigger in scope to the 1st-Im just pionting out that in my opinion the visuals in Thor 1 were more cinematic and stunning.

And that is not trolling thats stating my opinion.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #422
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Off the top of my head Spartacus.Its not Viking related but you get my piont.
To a smaller extent Merlin.I havent watched GOT so i cant comment on it but the litlle I have seen seem on par with Thor 2 non-earth scenes.The prison scene I mentioned because it looked very much tv show budget like.In addition to tht Id mention the whole floating Jane in darkness scene at the end.

Believe it or not it is possible not to be impressed by the Thor 2 trailer.
And I know the movie is supposed to be bigger in scope to the 1st-Im just pionting out that in my opinion the visuals in Thor 1 were more cinematic and stunning.

And that is not trolling thats stating my opinion.
Ok, then it's apparent that we judge things very differently and that's probably the final conclusion we can draw as you don't explain the qualities that make you think so. Spartacus doesn't look particularly special even for a TV show in my eyes. It lives on a highly stylized look rather than trying to make anything look believable in a "real" sense. Neither that nor Merlin (I've only seen parts of the latter though) have effects that comes close to what I consider good in a movie context. I think GoT looks much, much better than those shows and it blurs the line between TV and cinema. Although, as said, I still don't think it comes close to T:TDW, which is understandable. $60-70M for roughly 10 hours compared to $200M for 2,5 will always make a difference regardless of how wisely you spend it.

And I already said that I don't have any problems with people not liking the trailer, that was never the issue. My comment about trolling also clearly doesn't apply to you as you're trying to explain your view.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #423
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ok, then it's apparent that we judge things very differently and that's probably the final conclusion we can draw as you don't explain the qualities that make you think so.
I gave examples pionted out scenes.Yet you still want me to go further.perhaps point out tv show scenes because you cant stand someone having a differing opinion?

But youre right.If you cant see where the spartacus beats Thor in terms of visuals we have different views.

Quote:
Although, as said, I still don't think it comes close to T:TDW, which is understandable. $60-70M for roughly 10 hours compared to $200M for 2,5 will always make a difference regardless of how wisely you spend it.
Thats the thing though.Im not seeing it.

Thor 2 is still my most anticipated MCU film but the trailer was tv-show like in my eyes and yes im worried about it

Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #424
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
I gave examples pionted out scenes.Yet you still want me to go further.perhaps point out tv show scenes because you cant stand someone having a differing opinion?

But youre right.If you cant see where the spartacus beats Thor in terms of visuals we have different views.

Thats the thing though.Im not seeing it.

Thor 2 is still my most anticipated MCU film but the trailer was tv-show like in my eyes and yes im worried about it
Pointing to a scene doesn't say much in itself. People running under fire in a forest isn't something inherently bound to TV or cinema, that's just a scene. What makes it look like TV must have something to do with the effects, lighting or something else. So try to actually think about what I write instead of doing something pathetic as saying that I can't stand someone having a different opinion when I've already had to clarify to you twice that that's not the issue.

In fact I'd actually be interested to hear why you think it's enough to just point to a scene and say this is TV-show quality to someone that doesn't agree with you and you don't think that person should ask "what is it in the scene that looks like TV?".

The only comparison I can do with TDW and Spartacus that's objective is to look at the effects quality and TDW has expensive effects with great detail and coherence with the live action material, and Spartacus has cheap ones that lack in detail and meshing (on the positive they realize that and don't even try and instead go for 'completely over the top'). You say you don't see it and I don't really know how to explain it in detail without going back to look at some specific Spartacus effects so I can describe the flaws, but I don't really feel like doing that. When you take even a second's glimpse of the forest scene in the trailer the details like how the energy attacks light up the surrounding is clearly better done than what you tend to get in TV. It's such details that are relevant when you're explaining yourself.

Last edited by Mjölnir; 04-26-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #425
Bren
Forevernoob

Wow, I'm glad I didn't really specify why I was underwhelmed by the tt, I couldn't handle the cross examination hahaha

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote