The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #926
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

So Sif "sacrifices everything for the people she loves and the ones they love."

Interesting.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #927
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Better take that down, man. You'll get slapped.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #928
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Better take that down, man. You'll get slapped.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #929
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

no bad words Hans, you know better than that!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #930
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post

Old 04-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #931
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
When he's using the Gauntlet, there's won't be an alien invasion: he'll rip reality apart.
I don't know if he'll be that powerful. I don't see how they could make ripping reality apart work in a movie, along with some of the other things the Gauntlet can do. The cosmic cube was powered down too, so I expect it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #932
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
no bad words Hans, you know better than that!
Okay, I got carried away. It won't happen again.

(I found that gif on the site who must not be named...)

Old 04-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #933
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Okay, I got carried away. It won't happen again.

(I found that gif on the site who must not be named...)
haha just wanted to let ya know since I used a pictured with the b-word in it and got a warning.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #934
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
haha just wanted to let ya know since I used a pictured with the b-word in it and got a warning.
Oh! And I have such a funny gif with Aragorn and the b-word...

But then it isn't meant to be. The one who owns the house makes the house rules. That's the way it is and the way it should be.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #935
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Just trying to save you from getting ye olde infraction, mang.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #936
Bren
Forevernoob

I'm hoping for a scene where Thor and Loki are in Hel for Jane; negotiating with Hela - Suddenly Loki tries to spring his trap to betray Thor, but Thor destroys him instantly in a flash of lightning.

Hela tells him "That was.... impressive. But you know you need him to stop Malekith" and Thor replies "I do know this, and since I'm already in Hel you can fetch him for me. I just needed to make a point".

I would bet all my money on it not happening (and I'm not a betting man), but I'd have liked something like it hehehe

Old 04-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #937
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I'm hoping for a scene where Thor and Loki are in Hel for Jane; negotiating with Hela - Suddenly Loki tries to spring his trap to betray Thor, but Thor destroys him instantly in a flash of lightning.

Hela tells him "That was.... impressive. But you know you need him to stop Malekith" and Thor replies "I do know this, and since I'm already in Hel you can fetch him for me. I just needed to make a point".

I would bet all my money on it not happening (and I'm not a betting man), but I'd have liked something like it hehehe
That sounds cool but I'm not sure it'd strike the tone they seem to be going for with TDW. Sounds like something they'd do in the comics and it'd work fine.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #938
Bren
Forevernoob

Agreed, but even in serious situations I'm always making jokes (seldom funny) so yeah I'm like that; but definitely not something they'd put in THIS film. I'm actually looking to find ways of Thor showing his superiority over Loki. His cheesy wrestle-type throwing of Loki in Avengers wasn't enough for me.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #939
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post

I just want to hear Hela say in a whiny kid's voice, "But daddy...I want her soul!"

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #940
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, for anyone who's been in the Iron Man 3 boards as of late and has spoiled themselves, it seems like one thing is shaping out to be clear:What m
*HUGE SPOILER/DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED ABOUT IRON MAN 3*

It seems like Thor, and to a lesser extent Captain America, will be the main heroes of the MCU who will be getting a more menacing set of villains to deal with in their solo films.
What makes you think that?

That does sounds awesome though, so hopefully Thor and Cap steal the show in Avengers 2.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #941
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I liked the trailer, the brief glimpses of the battle with the armies we saw the set pics of looked grand and I liked the end scene with Loki in full bohemian mode lol.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 04-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #942
gkokujin
Side-Kick

If Sutur is in the film or mentioned/shown, do you think there will be parallels drawn by everyone to the Balrog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #943
Mars452
Side-Kick

Quote:
So Sif "sacrifices everything for the people she loves and the ones they love."

Interesting.
Noooo! Poor Sif

Old 04-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #944
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

My friend and I talked this over. The plot might be taking cues from the Greek Myth of Orpheus and Eurydice, and Dante's Inferno. Jane is lost to Thor thanks to Malekith. He traverses the Nine Worlds (Nine Circles of Hell) to get her back.

If that's true that's a much better premise than any past superhero sequel. But like any other superhero sequel (except Spider-Man 2 and Hellboy 2) he's still going to lose Jane.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #945
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
My friend and I talked this over. The plot might be taking cues from the Greek Myth of Orpheus and Eurydice, and Dante's Inferno. Jane is lost to Thor thanks to Malekith. He traverses the Nine Worlds (Nine Circles of Hell) to get her back.

If that's true that's a much better premise than any past superhero sequel. But like any other superhero sequel (except Spider-Man 2 and Hellboy 2) he's still going to lose Jane.
really? I hate that, hopefully it's not the case. Too much Jane. The main point/driving point of the story better not be to "save jane"...he should save her, but that shouldn't be the biggest part of the story. It should be that the 9 realms are in danger.

So sick of this romance crap...no way in hell is Thor's and Jane's relationship going to be the driving point of the movie. To each their own, but I think this is just horrible

Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #946
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
really? I hate that, hopefully it's not the case. Too much Jane. The main point/driving point of the story better not be to "save jane"...he should save her, but that shouldn't be the biggest part of the story. It should be that the 9 realms are in danger.

So sick of this romance crap...no way in hell is Thor's and Jane's relationship going to be the driving point of the movie. To each their own, but I think this is just horrible
I think the Jane thing will be a side story, the main point will be saving the realms, but part of this will be Odin and Frigga's disapproval of Thor courting a mortal, and the strain between Sif and Jane. Sif loves Thor, and probably Sif is who Odin and Frigga want Thor to be with.

Malekith will threaten Earth which draws Thor as it's protector. Side plot will be Thor and Jane, the other side plot will be Thor needing Loki's help. In fact I'd venture that Thor and Loki will be more of a major plot than the love triangle.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #947
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I think the Jane thing will be a side story, the main point will be saving the realms, but part of this will be Odin and Frigga's disapproval of Thor courting a mortal, and the strain between Sif and Jane. Sif loves Thor, and probably Sif is who Odin and Frigga want Thor to be with.

Malekith will threaten Earth which draws Thor as it's protector. Side plot will be Thor and Jane, the other side plot will be Thor needing Loki's help. In fact I'd venture that Thor and Loki will be more of a major plot than the love triangle.
That's pretty much the way I would want the movie to play out. Of course with both side plots being tightly interwoven in the main plot, which the trailer shows is the case.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #948
Bren
Forevernoob

I would find intensely satisfying (if the going to hel to save jane plot is true) for thor to have to abandon jane, that of he didnt return to asgard asap it would fall.

nice way to show how mature thor has become, how he can make hard choices.

of course it'll probably either be him saving her, or her telling him to go which would ruin it.

no, I didnt like jane in this either.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #949
warriorking
Side-Kick

I think Jane will play a important part in TTDW as well as the next movie, With the new director she is getting a better script that plays to her strengths instead of the last movie...
Even with Odin"s misgivings he will come to see that she brings out the best in his son that will benefit the realm in the future once the crown is passed....

Old 04-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #950
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
Even with Odin"s misgivings he will come to see that she brings out the best in his son that will benefit the realm in the future once the crown is passed....
He starts making breakfast. Realm secure.