The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 04-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #126
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: AMC, Regal Entertainment theaters, and Cinemark Theaters will not be showing IM3

Can't believe some of you guys were genuinely concerned about this. Of course it was gonna work itself out before the release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
"jew wan frensh fry?"

"papa la frita?"
Exactly. Playing games and s**t.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #127
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Default Re: AMC, Regal Entertainment theaters, and Cinemark Theaters will not be showing IM3

If there is a price increase I don't see it as suddenly in motion. I also don't think they'll have just Iron Man tickets alone at a higher price. It just seems way too fast for a universal inflation like that or way too singled out that people would raise complaints and go to another theater.

For example, where I am there is a Regal and a Dipson both cost around the same. But if Regal's price is significantly higher, you'd imagine the other theater would get the greatest attendance.

If it was all theaters in this, that would be one thing. But raise them noticeably and you're likely bowing to the competition or at least in certain places. AMC is no Arclight (Angelenos will get this reference).

Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #128
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
If there is a price increase I don't see it as suddenly in motion. I also don't think they'll have just Iron Man tickets alone at a higher price. It just seems way too fast for a universal inflation like that or way too singled out that people would raise complaints and go to another theater.

For example, where I am there is a Regal and a Dipson both cost around the same. But if Regal's price is significantly higher, you'd imagine the other theater would get the greatest attendance.

If it was all theaters in this, that would be one thing. But raise them noticeably and you're likely bowing to the competition or at least in certain places. AMC is no Arclight (Angelenos will get this reference).
Solid points. I think you are quite right.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #129
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

I don't know with how movies come out so fast on DVD/BR these days isn't just better to wait the 2-3 months to buy the DVD.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #130
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
These theater chains stand to lose tens of millions of dollars.

Disney has deeper pockets and can take the hit.

The theaters will fold.
However Disney stood to lose more....say no deal was made....Disney has 3-4 movies that would be hurt....that's a lost on production, advertising

Now while AMC would take a hit...they are still getting 50% of everything they show....Star Trek, Hangover 3, MOS, The Great Gatsby, Epic, Fast 6, After Earth, WWZ, Despicable Me 2, Pacific Rim, Wolverine, Smurfs 2....and any other sleeper hits.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #131
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffleboard View Post
Great news! Now I can buy my movie tickets in advance, and save on fuel at the same time.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #132
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #133
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Yay. Now I can go to my normal theater.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #134
Namor!
The Submariner!!!

Regal and Disney have agreed to a deal!

Namor! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #135
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

now you guys can SPEND ALL THE MONIES

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #136
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Who blinked first?

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #137
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Unsure. My exact one isn't selling tikets yet, unfortunately.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #138
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Which is better: IMAX or Cinemark XD? I still can't decide which theatre I want to go to.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #139
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Who blinked first?
amc

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #140
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
amc
I havent seen anything to verify this...if its true expect higher ticket prices down the road.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #141
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Which is better: IMAX or Cinemark XD? I still can't decide which theatre I want to go to.
If you have no 3D option for XD, then go for XD
other wise go IMAX 3D, or IMAX

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #142
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I havent seen anything to verify this...if its true expect higher ticket prices down the road.
Doubted.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #143
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
If you have no 3D option for XD, then go for XD
other wise go IMAX 3D, or IMAX
Wait I'm confused. So you're saying as long as it isn't in 3D, XD is better than IMAX?

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #144
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Still nothing for mine.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #145
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Still nothing for mine.
For AMC, at least, Fandango isn't showing all of the showtimes but Moviefone.com is for some locations. Check that site for your location. If it's listed, you can buy tickets on the Moviefone site -- though the Fandango site processes the sales, oddly enough.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #146
Leenie
Make Up!

Well, because of this mess, I was unable to plan efficiently enough to get tickets to my favorite movie theater (The Uptown in Washington D.C., which is an old-fashioned, single-screened theater) for a midnight showing. The tickets sold out as soon as they went on sale.

I found tickets to another theater (and I'll actually be seeing it in IMAX 3D now), but it's not the same. The Uptown is such a great theater and a historic building for locals in the metro area, and I love going there for a full cinematic experience. The audiences are usually great, the atmosphere is really great, the screen is huuuuuge (the largest on the East Coast, fyi!), and I love my balcony seats. It's not gonna be the same, especially since I'm weary about the theater I'm going to (I've heard the typical audience can get obnoxious). I'm also upset because the people I planned to see it with have to adjust their plans for the new location (new plans contrary to what I had originally told them 2 months in advance).

I'm so annoyed. If this whole "situation" between Disney and the theater companies had not happened, then I would have been able to plan well enough to get my tickets (as I've always done). Le sigh ...

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #147
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Quote:
Eh; when I go to the theater I go in the morning, so I don't have to worry too much about the price.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:27 AM   #148
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
Eh; when I go to the theater I go in the morning, so I don't have to worry too much about the price.
I tend to go in the mid to late afternoon, just before the prices jump for the evening showings. You get a decent-sized crowd yet it's not so large you can't get a good seat or they're too loud.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #149
roach
I am the night

After looking at all the statements from AMC and Regal I think Disney blinked first.

"We thank our partners at Disney for working with us to achieve economical terms so we can present our guests with one of the biggest blockbusters of 2013 and solidly kick off the summer movie season,” AMC said in a statement.

That doesnt sound like they lost.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #150
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
After looking at all the statements from AMC and Regal I think Disney blinked first.

"We thank our partners at Disney for working with us to achieve economical terms so we can present our guests with one of the biggest blockbusters of 2013 and solidly kick off the summer movie season,” AMC said in a statement.

That doesnt sound like they lost.
I'm sure it was negotiated. The normal asking price is 50-55% of the take, Disney was asking 60-65%. They probably settled somewhere in the middle.

Keep in mind this was not just about Iron Man, this was going to effect every future Disney release to come out, so Regal and AMC had very little bargaining room.