The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

Old 04-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #26
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: What about the movie was actually better than the comics, and what was worse?

As a Thor movie it lacked an appropriate amount of action. Probably shouldve had more 9 realms stuff too.

But I think it's omission of the original Donald Blake story and some of his silly powers from the early comics were great choices.

But I agree, Hemsworth, Hiddleston and Hopkins are what make me excited for the future of the franchise.

= Jeremy Piven for Bullseye? A thousand times yes. =
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #27
Steve Sanders
Side-Kick

Default Re: What about the movie was actually better than the comics, and what was worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by one4smoke View Post
Better: To me, the most obvious is Mjolnir. I don't think the design could've been any better.

Also, I think not having the Donald Blake identity was a good call.

Worst: Even though I understand why the costume had to be the way it was, and it did grow on me somewhat, it just wasn't Thor enough.

I don't think the actors playing Volstagg and Heimdall were the best choices.
Never read the comic but I did not like him having a beard.I mean can you imagine superman flying around with a beard? I loved the movie so much I did not think about it till later when it dawned on me i started thinking-wait a minute>i know what Thor looks like,he doesnt have a beard.whats up with that?

Steve Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:10 AM   #28
Sian
Side-Kick

The best thing in it - actually making Loki good looking.

In Norse Myth he was beautiful.

The worse thing - making them out as aliens not gods.

Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #29
TeeKay
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sanders View Post
Never read the comic but I did not like him having a beard.I mean can you imagine superman flying around with a beard? I loved the movie so much I did not think about it till later when it dawned on me i started thinking-wait a minute>i know what Thor looks like,he doesnt have a beard.whats up with that?
Ummmmm...

That's Thor from the Ultimate comics. They didn't give Thor a beard based in nothing. Besides, he looks better with it IMO.

TeeKay is online now   Reply With Quote