The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 04-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #226
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: Superman: Unbound (2013) Animated Movie Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Are you waiting until June to get this BH... or are you going to import?

Think I'll just import as normal.
I'm importing, already pre-ordered it on eBay.

I would wait for here but I don't wanna have o wait for both Superman films until June

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #227
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Isn't this coming out in May?

Old 04-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #228
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Supergirl Helicopter scene

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #229
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

That new clip was awesome, I guess when James Tucker said they would use the bigger characters to promote the lesser characters he wasn't wrong seems Supergirl's gonna have a big part in this like she did in the book and that's great.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #230
Rorschach2012
$

Supergirl looks really attractive for a cartoon

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #231
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #232
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Just watched ths, was quality, not quite as good as Elite but action wise the best yet. The fight scenes were awesome, the a im action was stellar and Mat Bomer was outstanding as Superman. My only negatives were abit of misplaced humour and I didn't care for Lois design but that's only minor. A very high 8/10.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #233
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

I wouldn't say the action was the best yet, it was so impersonal. I was disconnected from the story because it wasn't all that interesting. Just basic comic book Superman vs. Supervillan stuff. I think the bar has been raised too high perhaps and this story wasn't really best suited for an adaptation. Elite and even All-star beat this one in spades. After TDKR it's going to be almost impossible to top. Flashpoint at least has the benefit of being something completely new. Good animation, decent story and great voice acting make this one a 7/10 for me. I'm going to do a video review tonight

BatmanFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #234
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

I liked the movie but in the same I wish they would have followed the book more and turn this into a trilogy with this being the first part, than the new krypton storyline ending with War of the Supermen. Another thing I wish they would have kept in was the death of Jonathan Kent. I was really disappointed this wasn't in there. But I do understand that in order to do that you first would have to do last son since that plays a huge part in the last 2 books.

Superman Earth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #235
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

Just finished it, and I'd rate it

Story: B
Voice Acting: A
Animation:C

I thought the action was pretty decent fare, evenly paced not boring. This felt so much like Kara's story there wasn't enough Superman or Brainiac.

I will say, Lois' little moment, I automatically of this http://youtu.be/6a5mFl51qkY

Last edited by dru-zod2501; 04-24-2013 at 05:12 PM.
dru-zod2501 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #236
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanFanboy View Post
I wouldn't say the action was the best yet, it was so impersonal. I was disconnected from the story because it wasn't all that interesting. Just basic comic book Superman vs. Supervillan stuff. I think the bar has been raised too high perhaps and this story wasn't really best suited for an adaptation. Elite and even All-star beat this one in spades. After TDKR it's going to be almost impossible to top. Flashpoint at least has the benefit of being something completely new. Good animation, decent story and great voice acting make this one a 7/10 for me. I'm going to do a video review tonight
Each to their own but I don't think any DCU film yet had as good as action scenes as this one, plus this might be the most I've seen Superman kick ass ever in animation.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #237
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Each to their own but I don't think any DCU film yet had as good as action scenes as this one, plus this might be the most I've seen Superman kick ass ever in animation.
While I don't disagree that Superman unleashed the fury in this, it was mostly just against robots which made it a bit underwhelming to me. Had I been more wrapped up in the story perhaps I could have gotten onboard with the action a bit more. I don't think anything about this movie was poorly made, I just think it pales in comparison to "vs. The Elite" and "All-star". But I know those weren't everyone's cup of tea.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #238
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
While I don't disagree that Superman unleashed the fury in this, it was mostly just against robots which made it a bit underwhelming to me. Had I been more wrapped up in the story perhaps I could have gotten onboard with the action a bit more. I don't think anything about this movie was poorly made, I just think it pales in comparison to "vs. The Elite" and "All-star". But I know those weren't everyone's cup of tea.
They were mine and I agree they were better but I just disagree with you on the action.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #239
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

Okay I watched it again and the action IS pretty amazing, and all the fights with Brainiac were just awesome.. especially how he defeated him.
Did a video review here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHxVPgaPG9E

Old 04-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #240
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Okay I watched it again and the action IS pretty amazing, and all the fights with Brainiac were just awesome.. especially how he defeated him.
Did a video review here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHxVPgaPG9E
Can I ask you, we're you abit disappointed with how Brainiac was stopped?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #241
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

Nope, I loved that scene actually. It may have seemingly been anticlimatic but Superman kind of taunting him and just messing with his head was my favorite part of the whole feature. I really don't mind when Superman starts talking smack a little like that, it was also my favorite part of The Elite when he slapped around a depowered Manchester a bit. The guy is so noble I feel like he deserves to be a bit of a jerk now and again. So you thought it was a bit disappointing then? I can't vouch for it being similar to the comic

Old 04-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #242
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Nope, I loved that scene actually. It may have seemingly been anticlimatic but Superman kind of taunting him and just messing with his head was my favorite part of the whole feature. I really don't mind when Superman starts talking smack a little like that, it was also my favorite part of The Elite when he slapped around a depowered Manchester a bit. The guy is so noble I feel like he deserves to be a bit of a jerk now and again. So you thought it was a bit disappointing then? I can't vouch for it being similar to the comic
Ah maybe I'm gonna rewatch it, wasn't really in the mood to watch it when I did yet I couldn't wait to see it, strange I know lol

Yeah cause well to put it bluntly Brainiac
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
died and that disappointed me. I didn't like how he basically had become a machine too cause in the
Johns book he's a living Coluan, all the machines etc were his programming,
. I really can't get over how good Bomer was though. He's joined Tim Daly, George Newbern and Mark Valley as my top choices for Superman.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #243
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

I'll agree with that, i'm not familiar with Bomer's past work but he had a definitive Superman voice to me as well. Valley killed it last time but Bomer nailed it here. A lot of good talent to voice Superman.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #244
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

That's interesting, maybe it shouldn't have been so definitive then. Sounds better than what we got. I'm the same way, I was way too tired to watch it the first time but I had to try. When these new animated films come on I just get so excited, bring on Flashpoint.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:46 AM   #245
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
I'll agree with that, i'm not familiar with Bomer's past work but he had a definitive Superman voice to me as well. Valley killed it last time but Bomer nailed it here. A lot of good talent to voice Superman.
They do seem to cast Superman very well, I even loved a janes Denton in All Star Superman and Mark Harmon sounded pretty much like Newbern on CO2Es. The only one I didn't really care for was Adam Baldwin on Superman Doomsday, not that he was bad he just didn't sound like Superman to me.

Quote:
That's interesting, maybe it shouldn't have been so definitive then. Sounds better than what we got. I'm the same way, I was way too tired to watch it the first time but I had to try. When these new animated films come on I just get so excited, bring on Flashpoint.
Yeah I think that's what bothered me how definitive it was BUT I suppose there ain't gonna be a sequel and its just its own contained movie really.

Flashpoint looks incredible, starting to think Dark Knight Returns Part 2 might just have a challenger in its hands.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #246
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

I'm not sure what to think about Flashpoint, it's an interesting story but I wouldn't put it on the same level as some of the classics. Will be cool to see in animation though for sure. I can't wait to get the sneak-peak/trailer. Also, I know it's asking a lot but if we ever got an adaptation of Kingdom Come i'd be flying.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #247
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Ah maybe I'm gonna rewatch it, wasn't really in the mood to watch it when I did yet I couldn't wait to see it, strange I know lol

Yeah cause well to put it bluntly Brainiac
died and that disappointed me. I didn't like how he basically had become a machine too cause in the
Johns book he's a living Coluan, all the machines etc were his programming,
. I really can't get over how good Bomer was though. He's joined Tim Daly, George Newbern and Mark Valley as my top choices for Superman.
I don't think
Brainiac died. Superman picked up some sort of cube after Brainiac exploded. Something tells me that the cube will one day reconstruct Brainiac because it is a remnant of him.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #248
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
They do seem to cast Superman very well, I even loved a janes Denton in All Star Superman and Mark Harmon sounded pretty much like Newbern on CO2Es. The only one I didn't really care for was Adam Baldwin on Superman Doomsday, not that he was bad he just didn't sound like Superman to me.
Kyle MacLachlan was really good in 'The New Frontier' as well.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #249
gkokujin
Side-Kick

this was extremely violent. I was shocked! ..i liked

i must honestly say however I am not a fan of this new Brainiac. irrational, emotional, not my cup of tea from an evolved supercomputer with knowledge of 10000 systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #250
Grommers
Side-Kick

Can't say I enjoyed this all too much, it felt very mediocre and not very memorable. I believe this is also the first one bruce timm wasn't producing? or am i mistaken.

Grommers is offline   Reply With Quote