The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #451
Super Film
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
And if she had a more brown/wavy hair, it would be closer to the comics, more than ever. That can only helps. The more fans pleased the better.

Because we all know, some extra waves in a character's hair is going to make ALL the difference.

I'm always amused by the comic book community--they always seem to turn into such stylistas when their favorite characters are brought to the silver screen.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #452
Angamb
Banned User

'if something works, dont fix it'

Comics Rogue is sexy and hot, and it can work easily, so to make her more boring is a wrong decision.

Character's look is part of their appeal, even if you like it or not. And all of us know most Rogue fans are dissapointed with her, both her look and role, so whats better? to keep the same approach, or make her even sexier and badass?

I already know most fans answer.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #453
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
'if something works, dont fix it'
Comic book Rogue has changed looks enormously over the decades. What some people consider sexy and badass, others consider outdated and lame. This isn't an issue of a character's iconography being nonexistent. Rogue's look is there and has been since the end of X1.

I've been around the boards for years, I know the feedback that Rogue has gotten and it's been on the positive side as far as her looks go. When the first trailer for X-Men: The Last Stand came out, people fawned over the shot of her walking down the hallway in her uniform.

When that character promo for X2 came out, the one where she's looking over her shoulder--her epic rear on display, the fanboy's eyes fell out of their heads.

Wavy hair does not a character make and Rogue's skintight uniform and iconic white streaks have been present.

What fans are looking for now, is development in the character. Looks are secondary considering the films have pretty much hit the nail on the head for a teenage Rogue.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #454
taintedFB
Side-Kick

Alternate future is a chance to change things up... look at how Storm has changed in each movie, and not always for the better..

Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #455
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
And if she had a more brown/wavy hair, it would be closer to the comics, more than ever. That can only helps. The more fans pleased the better.

yeah, there will always be Anna haters, but thats my point, the more fans pleased...
Its actually very easy to pull it off. Its not like giving Wolverine the mask and the yellow/blue costume. But of course it will only happen if they want to. I hope Rogue will look like 90s Rogue in the comics in this one.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 04-24-2013, 12:51 AM   #456
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

How about we stop talking about every woman's look and start talking about their character!? We do have them you know?! Females aren't just their to LOOK good.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:07 AM   #457
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

There's nothing wrong about if we continuously talk about their appearance, there's even a 5 page thread about Wolverine's mask.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #458
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
How about we stop talking about every woman's look and start talking about their character!? We do have them you know?! Females aren't just their to LOOK good.
While I understand where you're coming from, this is hardly an issue limited to the X-Women. Besides, what else do you expect this early in production, especially when the director is tweeting pictures of the cast and their updated character looks?

Old 04-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #459
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
The thing is, as True Blood has proven, Anna can play Rogue. Easily. It's now just a matter of the material matching up to her.
Aside from having the same southern style and accent, I wouldn't say Sookie is anything like Rogue. Sookie is always doing stupid things and crying hysterically. She does stand up for herself a lot but she usually ends up the damsel in distress.

Rogue is more brooding and in her head. And on the field, she is cunning and very capable. Anna hasn't really made me think of Sookie as very tough. She's more shrieky than anything.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:49 AM   #460
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
Aside from having the same southern style and accent, I wouldn't say Sookie is anything like Rogue. Sookie is always doing stupid things and crying hysterically. She does stand up for herself a lot but she usually ends up the damsel in distress.

Rogue is more brooding and in her head. And on the field, she is cunning and very capable. Anna hasn't really made me think of Sookie as very tough. She's more shrieky than anything.
I always thought season 1 Sookie had a bit more of the sass I expect from Rogue. The accent was better, at least.

As well as being a bit more confident and with some attitude, which is more than I can say for movie Rogue.

*shudders at memory of Last Stand Rogue*

But you are right, she's become the ultimate damsel in distress. Oh, and a fairy.

I pretty much want Rogue's threat to touch Magneto in X2, but magnified. Excuse the pun.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #461
Chip
Banned User

Rogue had better kick ass in this movie. She was so shortchanged in X3 it was embarrassing (for the writers). SHE NEEDS TO DO SOME DAMAGE. Also bring on her sass, please. They also need to show her using the kiss attack. Classic.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #462
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Ugh! Someone please post a picture of her chair!!! LOL

Old 04-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #463
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

It is really unfair that no picture of Rogue was tweeted I really wanna see her look.
And I wanna know is she still cured or is she gonna kick some ass.
My gut tells me she is useless once again and cured

Old 04-26-2013, 05:27 AM   #464
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
It is really unfair that no picture of Rogue was tweeted I really wanna see her look.
And I wanna know is she still cured or is she gonna kick some ass.
My gut tells me she is useless once again and cured
It's too early yet to get in a flap. Filming only just started. Let's give it a chance...

Old 04-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #465
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

My gut tells me her and Mags are still cured... at the beginning anyway.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #466
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

My gut tells me the cure Isn't mentioned at all.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #467
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
My gut tells me her and Mags are still cured... at the beginning anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
My gut tells me the cure Isn't mentioned at all.
i think the cure will be mentioned in a voice over by Xavier or storm at the start of the film, probably explaining it didn't work which would probably get it out the way, maybe even explain its part of the reason the sentinals were created

there would be no point for singer to say he isn't ignoring X3 then totally not conclude what happened at the end of it

Old 04-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #468
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The cure was already shown by end of last stand to not be permeant.

This takes place several years after Last Stand

I can totally see Bryan Singer not mentioning the cure or not going Into In depth how Xavier Is around.He's not outright ignoring last Stand but that doesn't mean he Is going to consently reference It eather.I see him more Intrested In devolping the DOFP story
and not referencing a film he wants to clean up and correct.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #469
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
The cure was already shown by end of last stand to not be permeant.
you mean the hardcore fans that keep replaying the ending over and over to see whether the chess piece moved abit? overall it wasn't that obvious enough to throw away needing any explanation for casual audiences who are wondering about that ending

you can bet you will get people asking what happened to the cure if its not mentioned

Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #470
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They have new characters to Introduce.A story to get Into,showing how characters are
dealing with this future yet you want them to spend a lot of time on dealing with events of last Stand? a film by Singer's own comments he Is going to be cleaning up and correcting.
We also don't know how much time will be In future.If say half of film Is In future maybe they will go Into It.But If say only 30 minutes Is In future they have a lot to do In a short amount of time without going Into the BS that Brett Ratner did In LS.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #471
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
They have new characters to Introduce.A story to get Into,showing how characters are
dealing with this future yet you want them to spend a lot of time on dealing with events of last Stand? a film by Singer's own comments he Is going to be cleaning up and correcting.
We also don't know how much time will be In future.If say half of film Is In future maybe they will go Into It.But If say only 30 minutes Is In future they have a lot to do In a short amount of time without going Into the BS that Brett Ratner did In LS.
they could quickly get it out the way with a voice over

Old 04-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #472
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
you mean the hardcore fans that keep replaying the ending over and over to see whether the chess piece moved abit? overall it wasn't that obvious enough to throw away needing any explanation for casual audiences who are wondering about that ending

you can bet you will get people asking what happened to the cure if its not mentioned
The. Cure. Is. Not. Permanent. The first time I watched X3 I saw the chess piece move. Whether or not people were observant enough to notice doesn't change the fact that it was written for it to move, and that it did indeed move.

Seven years, and this is still being argued. Jesus.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #473
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
The. Cure. Is. Not. Permanent. The first time I watched X3 I saw the chess piece move. Whether or not people were observant enough to notice doesn't change the fact that it was written for it to move, and that it did indeed move.

Exactly. And the whole point of that final shot was to show that it moved. That was the hook.

Who sat there and thought "Oh. Weird that the movie ended with a long close-up of a chess piece. Meh. This film was *** though"? It wasn't exactly subtle.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #474
JP
Smelly

Stunts

Marie France Denoncourt .... stunt double: Anna Paquin

Old 04-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #475
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post

There is no arguing about it, I'm just saying they will explain about the cure not working in a voice over I'm guessing

There will be some people who won't be sure if it moved or not, because there always are people who ain't that observant

That ending was to get people talking about it and it worked, it still needs closure though