The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #876
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
So you think he slept with some of the cast members? I doubt it.

I'm sure casting couch is real since I worked in a TV network as an intern and I heard rumours straight from the crew. But with Bryan Singer, I don't think so.
Eh.... I think your fandom is blocking your judgement. The guy is human. And its very very very rare for someone surrounded in many a rumor to not have one be at least true.

Brandon Routh apparently had a nick name between Singer and his friends apparently....

Anywho like a previously said, it could be completely innocent but its a bit naive to think he doesn't cast people because he may find them very attractive. Hoult, booboo , young ashmore, young cudmore, etc are/were completely singers type. Look at the guys he's dated.... Its not hard to put 2 and 2 together.... Couple that with his obsession with Taylor lautner

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #877
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
But thats not casting couch anymore. There's a difference between casting couch than occasionally sleeping with the co-worker. Though of course occasionally sleeping with a writer or a director could give that actor a larger role.
Lol so you think singer would only hookup with an actor "after" they're hired? Lol come on now

[=]
Old 04-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #878
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
I feel like people always bring it up whenever a director hires a good looking actor/actress.
Normally id agree with you..... But not when there's constant never ending rumors and the way hehas actually hit on some of my friends..... I do not doubt it for a moment

[=]
Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #879
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
This isnt uncommon in Hollywood and singer has a very lengthy reputation. Doesn't lesson his quality as a director
I don't usually like these type of topics...but I'm with Spidey...Bryan has a large reputation. I've seen quite a few articles dissecting his boy(s) of the week...

Back on topic, I'm not familiar with Omar or BooBoo (except I think an awful looking Direct to DVD film was posted in the Awful DVD Covers thread for BooBoo...). What are my fellow posters opinions of them?

Old 04-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #880
Dusk
Side-Kick

Yeah...there's NO WAY he hires young attractive actors because they're eye candy and will make him millions at the box office...ha, I mean that'd be ridiculous

Old 04-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #881
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Young attractive men are a staple in comic book movies, and the X-men movies have a lot of attractive young male characters to cast. Look how pretty the Avengers cast is! But yeah, news must be slow if we've been talking about silly Hollywood gossip for two pages.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #882
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

The X-Men movies have very attractive women, too.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #883
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
Yeah...there's NO WAY he hires young attractive actors because they're eye candy and will make him millions at the box office...ha, I mean that'd be ridiculous
Yes.... Because ashmore , Hoult, marsden, routh , cudmore , and boo boo are household names with a massive fanbase and are " will smiths" of the movie industry making such a box office pull (superman returns/ jack the giant slayer)

[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 04-27-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #884
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Yes.... Because ashmore , Hoult, marsden, routh , cudmore , and boo boo are household names with a massive fanbase and are " will smiths" of the movie industry making such a box office pull (superman returns/ jack the giant slayer)
I don't see why he would keep casting massive names like Will Smith, Johnny Depp. No other filmmaker does that.

And in the ensemble movies Singer often makes, lesser-known actors would be needed or the salary bill would be sky high.

Also, Routh did look like Reeve's Superman, so that would be a factor.

There's a bit more to it than sexual tastes. I'm not really keen on this discussion to be honest, it feels a bit uncomfortable to be dissecting a well-known filmmaker's private life on a public forum. Especially when it's all just gossip and conjecture.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #885
Angamb
Banned User

agree.

Lets pay some respect and go back to focus on the topics.
If some users want to keep talking about his personal life and sex issues, there are many blogs and sites to do it

Old 04-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #886
wikox
Side-Kick

the gossips come out from here.you go to another site

Old 04-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #887
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
The X-Men movies have very attractive women, too.

Yup...when I first saw X2, the only two women that stood out for me was Famke and Rebecca but it was Famke who I kept referring to as the "hot chick" lol.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #888
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I don't see why he would keep casting massive names like Will Smith, Johnny Depp. No other filmmaker does that.

The point was these actors clearly arnt making him millions.... The xmen movies have always made a profit but have never been massive hits like say spiderm-man or even iron man. superman returns is regarded as a flop, jack the giant slayer barely broke even, and in all honesty the biggest singer directed money maker in the last 10 years was valkyrie. It about trippled its budget. Which ironically also had none if these young no names.

Id argue the only singer golden boy from nobody to star was Hugh jackman , none of these young folk that seem like singers type.

If anything, cruise, jackman, mckellan, berry, spacey , and Stewart are Singers "million dollar" money makers

This is the casting thread and when Singer makes odd choices with his abundant reputation its going to come up. The lesson to take away from it all is that its ok to criticize a casting choice, just because someone is chosen for a role doesn't always mean they're the best for the role, and a "casting couch" does exist in Hollywood....and its two consenting adults who both choose their actions whether you agree with it or not. It does not reflect on an actors acting ability nor a directors directing ability. So rumors be true, innocent, or all made up it really shouldn't make you that uncomfortable. I doubt Singer is saying "sleep with me, and you got the part" or forcing anyone to do anything.

The only thing it really changes is the idea that maybe some casting isnt the most perfect for the role.

You can like someone's work and respect it with out liking them as a person. I love rihanna's music, but she makes horrible life decisions...

[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 04-27-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #889
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
Yup...when I first saw X2, the only two women that stood out for me was Famke and Rebecca but it was Famke who I kept referring to as the "hot chick" lol.
i gotta admit, the X-women, next to Ian Mckellan are my favorite things about the franchise

[=]
Old 04-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #890
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

oh and to sway things on a different topic. There's alot of talk about everyone under the sun possibly returning, but Aaron Stanford. I'm kinda shocked no one wants Pyro back

[=]
Old 04-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #891
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
oh and to sway things on a different topic. There's alot of talk about everyone under the sun possibly returning, but Aaron Stanford. I'm kinda shocked no one wants Pyro back
i don't even think they knew what to do with pyro in the last stand let along this film

it would be an even bigger cast if every fan favorite came back for this film

Old 04-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #892
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i don't even think they knew what to do with pyro in the last stand let along this film

it would be an even bigger cast if every fan favorite came back for this film
im just surprised he's not brought up at all. I think X3 had him serve enough of a purpose, i mean, he basically was just magneto's lackey. he doesn't need a story arc

[=]
Old 04-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #893
Storm22
Side-Kick

He wouldn't need much development/story arc but I agree it would be cool to have Stanford back as Pyro, he did a great job, particularly in X2.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #894
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

We don't need to see him again, really. I always thought he must have been picked up by the authorities after the Alcatraz incident. Maybe we will see his gravestone in DoFP, that would at least show they had remembered him.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #895
JP
Smelly

I'm sure he's dead.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #896
Storm22
Side-Kick

The likelihood is he was either captured at Alcatraz or died there.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #897
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Pyro's hands and arms were surely amputated after what happened to them in X3.

So even if he is alive, he's useless.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #898
NanaT
X-Men United!

I imagine Pyro was turned into molecular dust as did almost everybody but the X-Men during the final battle at alcatraz.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 04-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #899
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Pyro's hands and arms were surely amputated after what happened to them in X3.

So even if he is alive, he's useless.
You assume. It's still just a movie at the end of the day. They could just gloss over that. It would hardly be the first thing any X-movie glossed over. Besides, I don't think we actually see how badly he frosted his arms. They could just say it was just icing over the surface and not the flesh itself.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #900
JP
Smelly

I just don't get why everyone wants every last character who has every appeared in any X-Men film in this one.

One of the major aspects of the comic is that a large majority of the characters are.. well, dead. Considering how many characters where either dead or MIA at the end of X3.. it already works itself into the story.

Closed Thread