The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #976
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopemaster View Post
so...

Is that The Other in trailer?

Any good theories on the floating truck?

Is that Loki's jail cell place Thor is fighting in?

These are the questions I have about the trailer...
Good point about Loki's jail cell. There *is* a battle in the hall, and it looks like Thor is fighting the guards. Makes it even more "desperate" on Thor's part to show that he's willing to take out his own allies to rescue the most hated person on Asgard.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #977
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

The person Thor throws into a wall definitely looks like one of Malekith's men to me. It seems likely that this is when Malekith attacks Asgard.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #978
ctsketch
Side-Kick

it looks like one of the bourne woods battle marauders to me

Old 04-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #979
dopemaster
Newbie First Class

yeah, doesn't look much like guards to me. Also because he is fighting in his armor but when he visits Loki and asks for help he is in his shmatas.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #980
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I'll be very sad if Lady Sif was the one who sacrificed in the end.
I hope it's just that Sif gives up Thor to Jane. Jamie even said at the IM3 premeire that Sif makes a big sacrifice

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #981
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Jamie tweeted recently "LOL, come on guys, Sif doesn't die relax xo !"

Old 04-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #982
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Sif shouldn't die because she and Thor were meant for each other!!!

- Don't let the baby face fool you.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #983
Megalith
Banned User

Based on how ridiculous the Iron Man 3 script was, I have a hunch that Jane and Sif both die but Jane's soul is transferred into Sif's body.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #984
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
Based on how ridiculous the Iron Man 3 script was, I have a hunch that Jane and Sif both die but Jane's soul is transferred into Sif's body.
(a) What was ridiculous about the IM3 script, and (b) what does that script have to do with the Thor script at all?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #985
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
Yay!

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #986
waffles
Side-Kick

I second that yay, I quite like Sif

Old 04-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #987
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Good to hear! Yay

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 2

IRON MAN 3 / THOR – THE DARK WORLD / CAPTAIN AMERICA – THE WINTER SOLDIER / GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY/ AVENGERS – AGE OF ULTRON
Old 04-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #988
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
(a) What was ridiculous about the IM3 script [...] ?
I don't want to know, I haven't seen the film yet. Guys, don't spoil me.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #989
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

What do you imagine will be the opening scene for TDW? Flashback to Thor arriving back on Asgard and Loki being sentenced and locked up? Thor trying to find a way to get to Jane? Jane on earth going on a date and trying to move forward because Thor didn't visit her ( and doing a tonne of story/Avengers exposition in the process)? Straight into a battle scene? The cement mixer just to confuse things? Other?

Old 04-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #990
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Why can't Sif die?

- CM Punk
Old 04-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #991
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I'll be very sad if Lady Sif was the one who sacrificed in the end.

Yes, me too.... I would miss her. Jamie is so great in that role! One of the rare cool female warriors.

I'd rather could live without Jane actually lol. Thor will find another mortal he can hang out with... or get back to Sif eventually.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #992
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Why can't Sif die?
Ok, I try to take this NOT personal, mortal Of course Sif can't die. She is supercool!

Old 04-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #993
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Why can't Sif die?
It's not that she can't, it's that she doesn't! The actress playing her said so!

Old 04-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #994
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
It's not that she can't, it's that she doesn't! The actress playing her said so!

Are there rumors, that someone will die in the movie? I know at least ONE character who will, but I think most people know that already.... If there are rumors about someone else I might have found evidence...

"Natalie Portman was reportedly so upset that talks between Marvel and Patty Jenkins broke down that she refused to return for the sequel but she was forced to return due to her contract."

What if Marvel and Portman made a deal that would include just one more movie instead of originally two more movies? Maybe they have agreed to change the contract?

Old 04-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #995
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

I don't know about death rumors. It was stated that Sif would make a big sacrifice and that led to speculation of her death.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #996
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

But it's said that Thor has to make a huge sacrifice... So, I'd say it's Jane cause her contract is broken lol.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #997
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I hope it's just that Sif gives up Thor to Jane. Jamie even said at the IM3 premeire that Sif makes a big sacrifice
I don't think Sif will die, but I will love if she sacrifices her "love" for Thor to keep his relationship with Jane and Earth in tact. As much as people dispute it, Jane is Thor's only real reason to fight for Earth, even if he is friends with Coulson and Selvig among the other Avengers. Jane is the no.1 in his eyes as far as we know so far and I like that development, even if it is a stray from the comics

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #998
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I don't think Sif will die, but I will love if she sacrifices her "love" for Thor to keep his relationship with Jane and Earth in tact. As much as people dispute it,Jane is Thor's only real reason to fight for Earth, even if he is friends with Coulson and Selvig among the other Avengers. Jane is the no.1 in his eyes as far as we know so far and I like that development, even if it is a stray from the comics
Thor fights for Midgard not for any one person. Come on now.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #999
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Thor fights for Midgard not for any one person. Come on now.
I know.. but would Thor have fought for Midgard if Jane wasn't there? If he just met Selvig and Darcy as friends.. then encountered the Destroyer and regained his powers would he have ever really discovered his 'humanity'? I personally think no. Jane was a focal point in him discovering himself and maturing and becoming essentially human, no one else but her could have helped him achieve that, at least I don't think so.

I know from the events of Avengers with Loki being the main antagonist, he probably would have came back to Earth anyways, but I feel that would have been more to keep his brother in check, not to defend Earth itself.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #1000
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I know.. but would Thor have fought for Midgard if Jane wasn't there? If he just met Selvig and Darcy as friends.. then encountered the Destroyer and regained his powers would he have ever really discovered his 'humanity'? I personally think no. Jane was a focal point in him discovering himself and maturing and becoming essentially human, no one else but her could have helped him achieve that, at least I don't think so.

I know from the events of Avengers with Loki being the main antagonist, he probably would have came back to Earth anyways, but I feel that would have been more to keep his brother in check, not to defend Earth itself.
Thor protects the weak and the vulnerable. Even arrogant Thor. He might be hot headed and he might love a fight, but he also is a good man.

And Jane was not the focal point for his maturing. It was his father stripping his power and sending him to Earth. It was Thor realizing the consequences his actions had on others, including his loved ones. The Thor that tries to take back the hammer the first time has learned nothing. It was the false news of his father's passing that kicked it into gear. It was there that he started to realize how much more the people he cares for mean in comparison to himself. It is Thor's passage to manhood. Learning the lessons his father has been trying to teach him.

That is what is at the heart of the film, which is very much a father and sons story.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 04-27-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Closed Thread