The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #751
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Did you guys see the article about how Phil Coulson might come back....((Nick Fury faked his death to motivate the Avengers to team up stop Loki)) do you think that might cause tenison in the next Avengers film ..by maybe breaking up the tie or cutting its ties with Shield..i think if he comes back you really do need reactions from memebers of the Avenger it became main reason they united together

Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #752
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

that's always what I figured happened honestly, it works w/ fury's shadyness of a character and will def make some Avengers want to break from SHIELD, I know most ppl hate Civil War but I can see them adapting some of it in Avengers 2 and beyond and it working out well. Although Tony and Cap would prolly both want to be Anti-Shield after finding out.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #753
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I honestly don't care how Coulson comes back, as long as the show is good.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #754
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I honestly don't care how Coulson comes back, as long as the show is good.
I think it will be okay, will be cool if they introduce minor heroes and villains. Still prolly a year away though right?

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #755
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTruck90 View Post
Did you guys see the article about how Phil Coulson might come back....((Nick Fury faked his death to motivate the Avengers to team up stop Loki)) do you think that might cause tenison in the next Avengers film ..by maybe breaking up the tie or cutting its ties with Shield..i think if he comes back you really do need reactions from memebers of the Avenger it became main reason they united together
That's a very simplistic take on Coulson's death scene. A lot of us have hashed this out before on the boards and broken it down to prove that "you shall be avennnnnged, Coulson" (to borrow that hilarious off-camera rant by Cobie Smulders you can find on Youtube) really only works for one Avenger at all, and that's Tony. Nobody else needed that extra push to get motivated to, you know, man (or woman) up and save the world.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #756
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I think it will be okay, will be cool if they introduce minor heroes and villains. Still prolly a year away though right?
Should be on the air in September

Old 04-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #757
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yeah it should air this fall.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #758
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

oh cool! just in time for my birthday!

Old 04-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #759
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
That's Bova the cow. She's one of the High Evolutionary's experiments where he turned various animals into intelligent beings.

But in Spider-Woman: Origins, it retconned Bova so that she was just a normal person, since Bova was also around for Jessica Drew's beginnings.
They retconned Bova? Is nothing sacred?

Last edited by xeno000; 04-27-2013 at 04:45 AM. Reason: added smiley
Old 04-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #760
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTruck90 View Post
I pre-hate the explanation behind his "revival." Didn't it say that Fury had Coulson act like he was dying by holding his breath or something? Because no one was in the room when Coulson died, other than Fury, so there'd be no reason for acting. It doesn't make sense.

I'd much rather have the show be about the days of SHIELD before the heroes formed the Avengers. Then you wouldn't have to make up some lame retcon about Coulson not really dying. I was hoping this type of thing would never make it into the MCU.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #761
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
They retconned Bova? Is nothing sacred?

That's udderly ridiculous.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #762
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

What exactly are Scarlet Witch's powers?

I only really know about her and Quicksilver from the pieces of research I've done since Joss practically confirmed them on the red carpet, but from what I know she can control probability and make things happen?

If so, then in theory couldn't she simply say for no more Thanos and he'd be gone? Or have I gone off on completely the wrong tracks?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 04-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #763
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

The death was pointless as would pretty much any superhero death on film be (yes I'm including Coulson as a superhero ) unless they are the final film in an arc like TDKR. Just proves that these guys are better alive than dead whatever temporary dramatic gain you might get from their death. And now we have a stupid he didn't really die scenario which will cheapen any future death.

And agreed above, the only guy it really made a difference to was Stark and surely there was a better way of writing his motivation than killing off a good character.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #764
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I pre-hate the explanation behind his "revival." Didn't it say that Fury had Coulson act like he was dying by holding his breath or something? Because no one was in the room when Coulson died, other than Fury, so there'd be no reason for acting. It doesn't make sense.

I'd much rather have the show be about the days of SHIELD before the heroes formed the Avengers. Then you wouldn't have to make up some lame retcon about Coulson not really dying. I was hoping this type of thing would never make it into the MCU.

I think the "holding his breath thing" was more keeping quiet than actually holding his breath and faking death. Kinda like Fury told the medics to back off knowing Phil was still alive, then fabricating a plan that he was actually dead when he wasn't... at least that's kind of what I hope they go with. Maybe SLJ can be secretly in the Shield show pilot for that extended scene or something.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #765
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I think the "holding his breath thing" was more keeping quiet than actually holding his breath and faking death. Kinda like Fury told the medics to back off knowing Phil was still alive, then fabricating a plan that he was actually dead when he wasn't... at least that's kind of what I hope they go with. Maybe SLJ can be secretly in the Shield show pilot for that extended scene or something.
The only way this works is if we never saw Coulson die. If we'd only heard it on Hill's comm, then that's one thing, but we (the audience) saw him die. He got stabbed straight through the chest. I don't buy anyone in that condition putting on an acting job.

I guess the point is moot, though. They're doing it. I'll still watch the show, but it kind of conditions the audience to expect these kinds of trick deaths in the future, and that's a bad thing. It robs Peter to pay Paul.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #766
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Thought this was interesting. Someone at Scans_Daily brought this up as a possible pair for the "brother/sister act."

Him and Her

Old 04-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #767
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Very possibly. Joss even said the Adam Warlock revival story in Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2 and Avengers Annual #7 were some of his favorite stories.

That said, considering Jeff Sneider said he's heard that QS and SW would be in the film and it would make more sense for them to be two of his favorite character rather than "Her", I'm inclined to believe it's the Maximoffs.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #768
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post

I only really know about her and Quicksilver from the pieces of research I've done since Joss practically confirmed them on the red carpet, but from what I know she can control probability and make things happen?

If so, then in theory couldn't she simply say for no more Thanos and he'd be gone? Or have I gone off on completely the wrong tracks?
At their highest levels, Wanda's powers make Thanos look like a pussy, yeah. Check out Avengers Disassembled and House of M era to see Wanda become a frickin' goddess who manipulates reality to her own will.

Doubtful that Joss has any intention of pushing her powers that high yet in the MCU, though. I'd look for her instead to be modeled after the witches in Charmed, that sort of thing.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #769
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post

Wanda started off affecting probability but she's more or less a reality warper now. Also, she knows a couple of spells such as combustion. The spells part would be a bit tricky but it can pretty much be handled the same as Loki was handled.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #770
MarvelU
Side-Kick

If they introduce Magnetos offspring's Wanda and Pietro, then they should mention they are mutants. I know Fox owns the mutants, but perhaps Marvel and Fox can work out a deal about using the word mutant. Isn't the Marvel representative of Fox close with the main Marvel Studios guy? They could work something out if they wanted too.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #771
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
At their highest levels, Wanda's powers make Thanos look like a pussy, yeah. Check out Avengers Disassembled and House of M era to see Wanda become a frickin' goddess who manipulates reality to her own will.

Doubtful that Joss has any intention of pushing her powers that high yet in the MCU, though. I'd look for her instead to be modeled after the witches in Charmed, that sort of thing.
Given that Thor and Hulk haven't really been at their peaks power-wise it's really safe to assume that Scarlet Witch won't either. That goes especially for the extreme power peaks she had because either you make it all about her (i.e. a Scarlet Witch movie, not The Avengers), or she will be turned from a character into a boring plot device.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #772
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

That sounds kinda hard to portray on screen, since in theory she doesn't even need the rest of the Avengers. The only way I can think of doing it is having the reality warping spells and stuff such as combustion really difficult and power-draining to do, so she'd go for more simple stuff like 'Kill that goon' etc etc.

Thanks, btw

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 04-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #773
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

so we are going to see quicksilver on the screen before the flash? that's...kind of hilarious.

can't wait to see what joss does with his powers.

ps. additions to the team without a own solo movie before hand? will this work?

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #774
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
so we are going to see quicksilver on the screen before the flash? that's...kind of hilarious.

can't wait to see what joss does with his powers.

ps. additions to the team without a own solo movie before hand? will this work?
Well: Hawkeye. And to some extent, Black Widow.
I personally think it'd be very difficult to just toss the Maximoffs into the mix without an hour or two of backstory, but I trust Joss as a writer.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #775
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Maybe instead of being part of the Brotherhood of Evil, Wanda and Pietro could have been part of the Masters of Evil. It still puts them in an "evil" group, but dispenses with the need to have them part of some mutant team, and it's also close enough. It's still a story of them switching sides. They wouldn't even use the "evil" part of the name for the Masters and they didn't for the Brotherhood.

Closed Thread