Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #801
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
They don't need to be mutants to explain their powers. Hell, we already have a canon explanation they could use, with the slot in the brain that was introduced in IM3.
Agreed.
Or, simply witchcraft, in SW's case. (I believe that it would be easier for general audiences to understand Wanda by her namesake: "Oh, she's a witch, like in Charmed. I get it.") A speedster's skillset would be easy enough to pick up on, too, but you'd probably need some pseudo-scientific reason to explain the source of Pietro's power.

Either way, this might be a good time to remind folks who have doubts that Wanda & Pietro never came to the Avengers with any solo backstories of their own. Like plenty of Avengers, they were more or less introduced in the team title, so it makes more sense for them to get their origins told in an Avengers movie rather than trying to parcel them out to solo films.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #802
Mr. Dent
Banned User

^ THANK YOU. It's like Sam is the only one who understands this. In the comics they were never like Iron Man or Spider-Man who had their origins immediately explored, they were told overtime after they joined the Avengers and they hardly even involved Magneto, or being mutants for that matter, until 15 years after they were created.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 04-28-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:23 AM   #803
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

If it's Wanda and Pietro that's great, but remember, this is only a first draft. Hank and Janet were in the first few drafts for TA, so at this point even if they're in now, they might not be in the last draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
so we are going to see quicksilver on the screen before the flash? that's...kind of hilarious.

can't wait to see what joss does with his powers.

ps. additions to the team without a own solo movie before hand? will this work?

Yeah, but if JL comes out in 2015 as well that's two speedsters in the same year.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #804
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

New interview with Joss regarding "Thanos":

"Thanos is more powerful. He's not someone you just trot out and punch him. Like you did in the comics, you want him to be threading through the universe and to save the big finale for the big finale. He's definitely a part of what I've got going on. The thing about The Avengers is, that they are very powerful, but they aren't very stable. There'll definitely be some people who are gonna shake them up in the next installment!"

Source: http://desdehollywood.com/exclusive-...deo-interview/

Old 04-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #805
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Masters of Evil! I guarantee it!!

Old 04-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #806
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Masters of Evil would fit if he's planning to introduce Wanda and Pietro. He might be just substituting the Brotherhood for the Masters.

But if he does have the Masters, who would they be? If we simply have all the enemies from the previous Marvel movies, I'm not sure all of them could possibly work together. They'd have a harder time at it than the Avengers themselves, because they might have even bigger egos and personalities, each one wanting to be the leader.

With many of the Masters teams in the comics, you usually had one person who seemed like a leader (eg Baron Zemo) and the rest who were more lackey material or heavies. If it had been a TV series, they could've devoted an episode or two to the formation of the Masters and we could've seen things from the villains' camp.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #807
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Masters of Evil would fit if he's planning to introduce Wanda and Pietro. He might be just substituting the Brotherhood for the Masters.

But if he does have the Masters, who would they be? If we simply have all the enemies from the previous Marvel movies, I'm not sure all of them could possibly work together. They'd have a harder time at it than the Avengers themselves, because they might have even bigger egos and personalities, each one wanting to be the leader.

With many of the Masters teams in the comics, you usually had one person who seemed like a leader (eg Baron Zemo) and the rest who were more lackey material or heavies. If it had been a TV series, they could've devoted an episode or two to the formation of the Masters and we could've seen things from the villains' camp.
Killian, Crossbones, Red Skull, Malekith and/or Kurse, Abomination, etc. I could see them working together, all assembled by Thanos(they don't have to know that), like Fury assembled the Avengers.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #808
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
Masters of Evil! I guarantee it!!
Yep, I've called the Masters as well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #809
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

"Thanos is more powerful. He's not someone you just trot out and punch him. Like you did in the comics, you want him to be threading through the universe and to save the big finale for the big finale. He's definitely a part of what I've got going on. The thing about The Avengers is, that they are very powerful, but they aren't very stable. There'll definitely be some people who are gonna shake them up in the next installment!"

Looks like those Masters of Evil rumors were true.

Glad they are saving Thanos for A3. I feel like they would've written themselves into a corner having him so early. He's the biggest bad in all of the Marvel Universe. Would've been a bit silly to bring him in the second go around.

Having someone else in A3 would've made, what is probably the big ending to the MCU before a "reboot" of sorts, feel a little anti-climatic. That is if they didn't do Civil War or WWH in A3, but why cram those in now when they could use those for potential future phases?

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 04-29-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #810
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Killian, Crossbones, Red Skull, Malekith and/or Kurse, Abomination, etc. I could see them working together, all assembled by Thanos(they don't have to know that), like Fury assembled the Avengers.
Probably close to the roster we'll get.

Red Skull is a bit of a question mark. If he does return, he'll likely be under the control of Thanos after teleporting to parts unknown in TFA.

Also, if he returns, he probably won't be played by Hugo Weaving.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #811
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Probably close to the roster we'll get.

Red Skull is a bit of a question mark. If he does return, he'll likely be under the control of Thanos after teleporting to parts unknown in TFA.

Yeah, that's exactly what I think will end up happening after the cosmic cube took him away. Thanos would be the perfect person to find him. Although, I do question the control angle. Maybe Thanos would be manipulating him in some way by having him be the one to start the Masters.

And yeah, I don't expect Weaving to return. He didn't seem like he enjoyed the role at all.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #812
babykhris
Side-Kick

Here's how I put together The Masters (in the MCU they'd be the Thunderbolts)

Dell Rusk a rogue member of the World Security Council forms his own team as he no longer trusts Fury as he disobeyed him during The Avengers, so he secretly forms his own team.

He hires Gen Ross, who has beef with Fury. Remember he didn't give him Abomination.

Ross uses Taskmaster (leader),Abomination, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and others.

Ross T.H.U.N.D.E.R.B.O.L.T.S. agency would even have it's own Coulson (The Leader) ,Maria Hill (Jessica Drew) even a Sitwell (Doc Samson)

Old 04-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #813
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
Here's how I put together The Masters (in the MCU they'd be the Thunderbolts)

Dell Rusk a rogue member of the World Security Council forms his own team as he no longer trusts Fury as he disobeyed him during The Avengers, so he secretly forms his own team.

He hires Gen Ross, who has beef with Fury. Remember he didn't give him Abomination.

Ross uses Taskmaster (leader),Abomination, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and others.

Ross T.H.U.N.D.E.R.B.O.L.T.S. agency would even have it's own Coulson (The Leader) ,Maria Hill (Jessica Drew) even a Sitwell (Doc Samson)
The only parts of this I can really see happening is the security council creating their own Avengers team

Also, if not that, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being members of the Masters of Evil, though, defecting to the Avengers at some point.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #814
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
The only parts of this I can really see happening is the security council creating their own Avengers team

Also, if not that, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being members of the Masters of Evil, though, defecting to the Avengers at some point.
Maybe that can consist of US Agent, War Machine, Beta Ray Bill and Red Hulk.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #815
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

They can call them The Knockoffs.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #816
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Eh, I'm not going to jump on the "save Thanos for Part 3; MOE for Part 2" bandwagon just yet. That's a *possible* interpretation of Joss' words, but he doesn't specifically say when "the big finale" happens. Could be 2, could be 3. Could be simply that he's taking a layered approach to TA2, and having them face a group like MOE at first, and then have Thanos show up in "the big finale" of *this* movie --- i.e., the third reel.

If he *is* going MOE, though, I hope it's not a case of just digging up the villains from the previous films, because most are boring as hell and never generated any fan-buzz whatsoever.

The fact that he's now talking about Wanda & Pietro (most likely) seems to indicate a team that's a combination of Brotherhood and Masters. It'd be interesting to see if MS snagged any other Brotherhood villains before Fox could stake a broad-brush claim to all of them.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #817
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
They can call them The Knockoffs.
There could also be a team consisting of Ms Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Invisible Woman and Crystal and can call them the Knock-Ups.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #818
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Too bad the mandarin is off the table. lol. I wouldnt really care to see killian on the MOE

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #819
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Killian's cool, though. I'd like to see him back.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #820
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:

Masters of Evil!? YEAH!

Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #821
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:

People are way jumping the gun with this MoE talk. There are villains in the comics than just the MoE.

I'm guessing we're going to have a similar situation with Captain Marvel #25-27 where Thanos hired some guys (Super Skrull and someone else, can't remember) to trick Marvel, make him feel like he was being betrayed by his girlfriend, and leave him in a weakened state. Having 5-6 villains take on the Avengers on top of having the Maximoff twins in the movie on top of having Thanos be the mastermind ON TOP of possibly having some of the Guardians in it is ****ing ridiculous. We'll get one or two guys working for Thanos who are able to trick the Avengers and turn them against each other, but that's it imo.

We'd do better to look back and find some villains from the Avengers comics that have successfully turned the Avengers against each other (...like Wanda did in Avengers Disassembled) than to go off the deep end and say this points to the MoE. Not to mention that this all has to fit in with what happens in GotG, and I find it hard to believe the MoE play any role in that at all.

Quote:
Glad they are saving Thanos for A3. I feel like they would've written themselves into a corner having him so early. He's the biggest bad in all of the Marvel Universe. Would've been a bit silly to bring him in the second go around.
No he's not. He's no bigger than any other multi-issue, classic Avengers villain. I think people take the Infinity Gauntlet stuff out of context.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 04-29-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #822
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is unfortunate as I liked Weaving as RS but he is a skull who wears a mask so recasting shouldn't be *quite* as jarring as it usually is.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #823
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
This is unfortunate as I liked Weaving as RS but he is a skull who wears a mask so recasting shouldn't be *quite* as jarring as it usually is.
Agreed, I liked the casting of Weaving as well, but visually a recast definitely won't hurt as much as Gyllenhaal, Cheadle, and Ruffalo. On the bright side, due to a weakly written Red Skull in CA:TFA, whichever actor ends up in the role will have the opportunity to really deliver a fantastic performance that surpasses Weaving's in the long run (a la Ruffalo). I just wish that Weaving was more positive about the role so he could take that opportunity himself. (It's what I wished about Norton.)

Old 04-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #824
Chewy
REDACTED

The Master of Evil could work, and would be a nice way to introduce SW/QS

Old 04-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #825
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

It'll be interesting to see how they work around mutancy for QS/SW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Eh, I'm not going to jump on the "save Thanos for Part 3; MOE for Part 2" bandwagon just yet. That's a *possible* interpretation of Joss' words, but he doesn't specifically say when "the big finale" happens. Could be 2, could be 3. Could be simply that he's taking a layered approach to TA2, and having them face a group like MOE at first, and then have Thanos show up in "the big finale" of *this* movie --- i.e., the third reel.

Just take your "I told you so's" like a champ and keep it moving. No one's right all the time.

Quote:
The fact that he's now talking about Wanda & Pietro (most likely) seems to indicate a team that's a combination of Brotherhood and Masters. It'd be interesting to see if MS snagged any other Brotherhood villains before Fox could stake a broad-brush claim to all of them.
Wanda and Pietro are in a unique situation. MS can't do that with the rest of the Brotherhood.

Closed Thread