The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 04-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #426
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ant-Man Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
Hat was attacked maliciously and unprovoked by a gang of babies in West Town Park. When that many babies get together they can be like piranha

Three eyewitnesses testified that if Hat hadn't killed those babies, they'd have killed him!
You have convinced me. FREE HAT! FREE HAT!

that being said....

Alan Tudyk

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #427
Chris B
Side-Kick

Personally, I think someone in the RDJ/Ruffalo age range would be the best route. To make Pym look like a peer of Stark and Banner.

So I like the suggestions of Jason Bateman or Ewan McGregor.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #428
Ant-manic
Banned User

how about Tony Goldwyn (1960)
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2459664384/nm0001282

or

Jake Weber (1964)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0916617/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #429
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

still want NPH lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #430
MCU
Side-Kick

My top three picks: Simon Baker, then Patrick Wilson, then Benedict Cumberbatch.

Ewan McGregor is also not a bad choice as some have suggested, he'd be my number four pick.

MCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #431
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
still want NPH lol.
and Vinny Delpino could be Egghead.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #432
Ant-manic
Banned User

Henry Pym - Val Kilmer (Thunderheart era, ideally) http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../ValKilmer.jpg

Scott Lang - Simon Baker (Red Planet era, ideally) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm791975936/nm0048932

Old 04-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #433
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Adam Scott. I still have to go with him, because he just looks like that kinda guy that would create an Ultron.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #434
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Val Kilmer will never get back to his Thunderheart days physically. He'd be better suited to playing the Blob in an X-Men movie now unfortunately.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #435
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

he would have been a good Happy Hogan if he wasn't so fat now

Old 04-22-2013, 03:48 AM   #436
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Val Kilmer got kind of big. I think he might make a good egghead or some other villain though.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #437
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

after watch parks and rec this weekend, I have to agree with some of you with Adam Scott. I am really hoping we get him.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #438
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

I rather they focus on Hank and Janet then try this whole to steal an antman story. Save that for a sequel.

KDM1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #439
Ant-manic
Banned User

there won't be a sequel; especially if they focus on Hank and Janet. i think that Wright should tell the story based on To Steal an Ant-Man in a way that sets up Hank and Jan to appear in the Avengers. Scott has a neat one and done story. neither Hank or Janet have that kind of story (at least not a good one).

Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #440
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Val Kilmer got kind of big. I think he might make a good egghead or some other villain though.
i know. that's why i put "ideally, Thunderheart era" next to it. he wouldn't be my choice, currently.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #441
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Adam Scott. I still have to go with him, because he just looks like that kinda guy that would create an Ultron.
i'm surprised that he's such a favorite for the role. he doesn't physically resemble Pym, at all. plus he rarely plays protagonists. on the other hand, i'm sure that he could make it entertaining.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #442
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

I kno its not going to happen but I would love hathaway to be janet.

DOOZlovesBOOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #443
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

If Wright was could cast one of his regulars I bet he would have Rafe Spall as Pym

He could probably get his dad Timothy Spall as Egghead

Old 04-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #444
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

this is just personal preference along with my NPH choice since I love him so much.. but how about Aaron Paul (Jesse from Breaking Bad) as Pym? I'd love it cause I love Aaron Paul.. but I think he could do it.. plus he's probably not a 'big budget' actor as far as Hollywood standards go.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:19 AM   #445
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Aaron Paul was asked about superhero movie roles in an interview and said if he was going to do one he would like to play a supervillain.

Having seen Paul voice a villain in the tron cartoon I think he would make a good Mirror Master in a Flash movie.

Last edited by chamber-music; 04-28-2013 at 03:22 AM.
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #446
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Aaron Paul was asked about superhero movie roles in an interview and said if he was going to do one he would like to play a supervillain.

Having seen Paul voice a villain in the tron cartoon I think he would make a good Mirror Master in a Flash movie.
oh cool, had no idea he'd been asked before. I think he probably sees himself as a villain type but I can see him as a hero also.. I'd just love to see him in the MCU or the DC Universe (if they ever get that together haha) He's on my list of underrated acting talent as well as Cillian Murphy (damn I love him!)

Old 04-29-2013, 02:20 AM   #447
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Neil Patrick Harris as Hank Pym/Ant-man

Anne Hathaway as Janet Van Dyne/Wasp

Bryan Cranston as Elihas Starr

Joel Edgerton as David Cannon/Whirlwind

lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #448
Ant-manic
Banned User

Henry Pym - Neil Patrick Harris
http://media.gamesource.it/film/phot...Harris-117.jpg

Janet Van Dyne - Anne Hathaway
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mZGlNn0Q25...irstyles+2.jpg

Elias Starr - Simon Pegg
http://www.ramascreen.com/wp-content...tocol_ver8.jpg

Monica Rappaccini - Shohreh Aghdashloo
http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/sites/d...oo_175x175.jpg

George Tarleton - John Noble
http://s3.amazonaws.com/img.goldderb...ges/walter.jpg

Scott Lang - Scott Speedman
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...jFYetML5ml.jpg

story: flashback 20 years. teenaged child prodigy henry pym. setting some kind of lab (maybe at a university - maybe a government thinktank situation). short demonstrations of how astronomically smart and unconventional hank is. brief introduction of Maria; a fellow prodigy who is deeply in love with a seemingly oblivious Pym. very brief background appearance of slightly older rival Elias Starr; obviously envious of everything Pym has.

transition to the discovery of pym particles. brief man in the ant-hill scene. brief montage of Pym acting as Ant-Man; always in behind the scenes ways/mainly as a detective (being a pacifist by nature). made evident by these scenes is that he had finally reciprocated with Maria. she's shown repairing his costume and in a lab assistant role. brief reintroduction of Elias.

tragedy. explosion. Maria's dead. Elias in the background. Hank shown going in a rage. falling into deep despair. last shot before the title is him boxing up the Ant-Man costume.

continued below...

Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #449
Ant-manic
Banned User

we meet adult Pym working out of a private lab. he works for the Van Dyne corporation. initial scene is a visit from Vernon Van Dyne w/ his daughter in tow. Pym's withdrawn and clearly bored with straight science. Janet finds some way to get rid of her father. short, more personal, conversation with Pym; attempting to get him to open up by mentioning Maria.

segue to Elias Star and Monica Rappaccini at some fancy restaraunt. we learn that Elias, a complete sociopath, also works for Van Dyne but has been behind several information leaks. Monica represents Advanced Idea Mechanics. she specializes in biotoxins. Elias is looking for a better job and sees A.I.M as the way to get it. Monica shows him the specs for a game changing weapon. they need something Pym is working on to complete it.

they arrange for someone with no connection to Elias or A.I.M to break into Pym's private lab. that individual, Scott Lang, finds what he's looking for and only escapes after discovering the Ant-man costume.

Pym finds his lab ransacked. just at that moment, Janet shows up. with her is Nick Fury. they explain that they've been monitoring his activities and research; as well as A.I.M. Janet, on top of being a wealthy socialite, is also revealed to be a trainee agent (all information gathering). Pym resents their involvement. they task him with retrieving his equipment (while not stated, Fury considers to be a test). they provide him details on A.I.M and the recently released ex-con/pawn who burglarized his lab.

Pym goes hunting. Jan follows.

Lang delivers the package. they, of course, attempt to kill him; as payment. Scott is believed to be dead and a fugitive.

Pym tracks Lang down. short Ant-Man vs Ant-Pawn fight. Scott briefly explains his situation. Pym, Jan, and Scott all head to one of A.I.M's headquarters to save the day.

they all fight some interesting looking AIM mercs. Pym has it out with Elias Starr (who lets him know that Maria died in a bomb blast meant for Hank). Monica Rappaccini and Janet have one of the most vicious fights in cinema history. Scott works his way through the facility to find the antidote he needs to save his daughter's life (Monica infected her with some kind of slow-acting death virus or something). he briefly encounters George Tarleton. the latter thanks him for (unexpectedly) also stealing the ant-man costume. he thinks that he's been able to reverse engineer pym particles. he injects himself and it ends badly (setting up M.O.D.O.K).

yadda yadda Scott gives the ant-man costume back, thanks Pym, and tells him that he has an interview at Stark Industries. Fury, Janet, and Hank have a sit down; discussing their future. it's suggested that Jan will get the Wasp upgrade (Pym shows her the designs he had for Maria becoming his superhero partner). Fury tells him that the Avengers Initiative could use Ant-Man as their eyes and ears. Pym says that he'll consider the offer but that he might want to think "bigger." *thumbing a vial marked Giant-Man*

Old 04-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #450
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

The geek in me wants to see Simon Pegg brought in by his ol' buddy Edgar to play Pym; granted, it's a little left of field in favour of a more 'conventional' choice but Pegg's a fantastic actor [you can tell that I re-watched Hot Fuzz last night, eh?].

Although saying that, Pegg's gone on record to say that he'd actually prefer to play the villain.