The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 06:45 AM   #976
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
That poll means nothing.
Well... There is, at least, some optimism from a “meaningless poll” that shows MOS first - whereas, a “meaningless poll” indicating dead-last would be grounds for concern.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #977
mohoo
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Maybe the poll meas nothing, but it also could mean a lot.

Same with Youtube views, Twitter trends, Super Bowl spot viewers, ...

Old 04-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #978
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Just had a flick through my mates SFX (he subscribes so got it Friday) and it didn't have any new pics in but it had a shed load of articles.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #979
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Michael Shannon, 'Man Of Steel' Will 'Blow Everybody's Socks Off'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3175699.html

What Shannon doesn't seem bewildered by is hype behind his upcoming role as General Zod in "Man of Steel" -- a movie that he just recently saw and holds in very high regard. So high, his words of praise come off with an intensity that exceeds anything he does in the sorority letter video. In other words, I really have no choice but to believe him.

We talked about "Man of Steel" last time I spoke to you for "Take Shelter." I feel that movie has been a long process.

It's a big buildup. I'll tell you, I saw it last Monday -- it's worth it.

The last trailer was great.

It was. It's going to blow everybody's socks off. And I know they're probably pissed off, like I'm jinxing it or something and I shouldn't say that. I'll knock on wood just out of deference to the gods, but the movie is solid. It's gonna get the job done.

This is your first big superhero movie. Was it weird going from being in that odd-looking CGI suit to seeing the final product?

It's exhilarating. It's what Zack [Snyder] promised would happen, you know? Because I remember the first couple of days I was on set, I thought This is ridiculous. I look like an idiot. I don't look anything like General Zod. I'm a total failure. I went over to the screen for playback and it was ridiculous. All of us were wearing pajamas, basically. And there was this neon green set of stairs that was supposed to be our spaceship. So you see us all marching down these neon green stairs in our pajamas and I'm like, "This looks like a Monty Python skit." And he's like, "I know right now it looks pretty silly, but, two years from now, it's going to look like the most badass thing you've ever seen in your life." And he's right.

Do you worry about the diehard comic book fans? They can be vocal.

No. I mean, it is their thing. It's not my thing. I'm not in that club. So, I have a respect for it. To people, it's like a religious experience and I don't discount that. I understand it. We're very sheltered from all that on set. I mean, yeah, if people want to know if it was a high pressure job -- it was very high pressure. And everybody felt a lot of anxiety about getting it right. But, Zack's strategy -- which is very intelligent -- is to keep everything very calm and fun and playful and not get tied up about it. Because if you get overly anxious about pleasing people, you can't make anything. You have to be relaxed and have a good time.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #980
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Be a Hero and Bring a Private ‘Man of Steel’ Screening to Your Hometown

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...130038576.html

DC Entertainment's We Can Be Heroes is offering the chance for one generous super-fan and 100 super-guests host the Last Son of Krypton in their hometown with a private screening of "Man of Steel," the massively anticipated summer action extravaganza starring Henry Cavill as Kal-El/Clark Kent and directed by Zack Snyder.

As Superman has the ability to turn back time (remember him flying around the Earth really fast in the first movie?), the screening will be held on Wednesday, June 12, a full two days before the film's official release.

The private screening is the latest perk to be added to the We Can Be Heroes crowdfunding campaign and is available for a $15,000 contribution. All funds raised will benefit the campaign's humanitarian aid partners -- including Save the Children, International Rescue Committee and Mercy Corps -- to deliver food, medicine and other resources critical to Ethiopia, Somalia, and Kenya.

EDIT: Update: The private "Man of Steel" screening has been sold for $15k in just a few hours of its announcement.

Last edited by G.Godfrey; 04-29-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #981
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ The way Shannon talks Zack kind of reminds me about how JF approached Iron Man-which to me, and I'm a die-hard Batman comics fan, is the best superhero origin film so far. But the SCALE of MOS looks awe-inspiring, and it wasn't "rushed" like IM was, and that in and of itself was a great film. Looks to have an iconic hero, a great villain, a strong love interest, with good drama and action, and with an underlying sense of realism balanced with TRUE comic styling. MOS almost seems too good to be true!

Old 04-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #982
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post

What Shannon doesn't seem bewildered by is hype behind his upcoming role as General Zod in "Man of Steel" -- a movie that he just recently saw and holds in very high regard. So high, his words of praise come off with an intensity that exceeds anything he does in the sorority letter video. In other words, I really have no choice but to believe him.

We talked about "Man of Steel" last time I spoke to you for "Take Shelter." I feel that movie has been a long process.

It's a big buildup. I'll tell you, I saw it last Monday -- it's worth it.

The last trailer was great.

It was. It's going to blow everybody's socks off. And I know they're probably pissed off, like I'm jinxing it or something and I shouldn't say that. I'll knock on wood just out of deference to the gods, but the movie is solid. It's gonna get the job done.

This is your first big superhero movie. Was it weird going from being in that odd-looking CGI suit to seeing the final product?

It's exhilarating. It's what Zack [Snyder] promised would happen, you know? Because I remember the first couple of days I was on set, I thought This is ridiculous. I look like an idiot. I don't look anything like General Zod. I'm a total failure. I went over to the screen for playback and it was ridiculous. All of us were wearing pajamas, basically. And there was this neon green set of stairs that was supposed to be our spaceship. So you see us all marching down these neon green stairs in our pajamas and I'm like, "This looks like a Monty Python skit." And he's like, "I know right now it looks pretty silly, but, two years from now, it's going to look like the most badass thing you've ever seen in your life." And he's right.

Do you worry about the diehard comic book fans? They can be vocal.

No. I mean, it is their thing. It's not my thing. I'm not in that club. So, I have a respect for it. To people, it's like a religious experience and I don't discount that. I understand it. We're very sheltered from all that on set. I mean, yeah, if people want to know if it was a high pressure job -- it was very high pressure. And everybody felt a lot of anxiety about getting it right. But, Zack's strategy -- which is very intelligent -- is to keep everything very calm and fun and playful and not get tied up about it. Because if you get overly anxious about pleasing people, you can't make anything. You have to be relaxed and have a good time.
his whole answer about feeling stupid at first made my day, I think I'm looking forward his interviews more than Henry's lol

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #983
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Has the SFX article been posted? Here's Snyder on the approach of flying:
Quote:
It’s a more violent experience. It’s raw. It takes effort to do it, and that’s what we were really going for. It’s almost like there’s this kind of Right Stuff quality to it. He’s constantly booming around, accelerating. You think he’s going as fast as he can and then it’s like ‘Yeeaahh!’ He’s always got an extra gear he can use.
http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/04/26/sfx2...-man-of-steel/

Old 04-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #984
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
That is hilarious.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #985
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post

Nice interview. I remember when those green stair pics first showed up. There was speculation that they were stairs for a spaceship but others were like, calm down, they're just stairs.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #986
elgaz
Side-Kick

Very interesting quotes from Shannon above. I've read a few interviews with him since he filmed MOS and he never sounded particularly excited or hyped about his work, he's one of those guys who just goes and does it and doesn't shout from the rooftops afterwards. But reading his comments above, it sounds like genuinely loved what he saw.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #987
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post

Awesome, love that. Hopefully we'll get an epic moment where he has to go that bit faster

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #988
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Awesome, love that. Hopefully we'll get an epic moment where he has to go that bit faster
Can't wait to see how it's handled.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #989
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Haven't we seen a piece of that in the trailer? The shot of his shadow while he's flying (which I love, it's a never seen before camera angle of flying which I respect) it looks like he gives a bit of a jolt for extra speed at the end.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #990
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
Haven't we seen a piece of that in the trailer? The shot of his shadow while he's flying (which I love, it's a never seen before camera angle of flying which I respect) it looks like he gives a bit of a jolt for extra speed at the end.
Yeah right before the interegation scene, well it looks like its that moment so hopefully it is

Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #991
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
his whole answer about feeling stupid at first made my day, I think I'm looking forward his interviews more than Henry's lol
I'm reeeaaalllyy looking forward to the behind-the-scenes features, and seeing him goof around with Snyder on set.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #992
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I'm reeeaaalllyy looking forward to the behind-the-scenes features, and seeing him goof around with Snyder on set.
Me too, so excited for all of the special features, I'm looking forward to the blu ray release as much as I'm looking forward to my first midnight showing! Can't wait to sit back and watch the movie then again with hopeful director/cast commentary on my new tv setup

Old 04-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #993
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Yeah can't wait for the making of. Love them, even the ones for SR's and GL were really good.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #994
super-t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah can't wait for the making of. Love them, even the ones for SR's and GL were really good.
Where did u see the ones from GL?

Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #995
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
That poll means nothing.
It means a little, people who browse yahoo are more excited for man of steel than anything else. It may not be an indicator of anything concrete but if it's winning popularity polls anywhere (let alone a big site like yahoo) then clearly nolan/snyder/goyer are doing something right.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #996
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-t View Post
Where did u see the ones from GL?
It's on the blu ray, infact if you watch aswell you see the mock ups the did for the GL costume and one of the pics they used was of Henry Cavill

Old 04-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #997
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.godfrey View Post
michael shannon, 'man of steel' will 'blow everybody's socks off'

what shannon doesn't seem bewildered by is hype behind his upcoming role as general zod in "man of steel" -- a movie that he just recently saw and holds in very high regard. So high, his words of praise come off with an intensity that exceeds anything he does in the sorority letter video. In other words, i really have no choice but to believe him.

we talked about "man of steel" last time i spoke to you for "take shelter." i feel that movie has been a long process.

it's a big buildup. I'll tell you, i saw it last monday -- it's worth it.

the last trailer was great.

it was. It's going to blow everybody's socks off. And i know they're probably pissed off, like i'm jinxing it or something and i shouldn't say that. I'll knock on wood just out of deference to the gods, but the movie is solid. It's gonna get the job done.

this is your first big superhero movie. Was it weird going from being in that odd-looking cgi suit to seeing the final product?

it's exhilarating. It's what zack [snyder] promised would happen, you know? Because i remember the first couple of days i was on set, i thought this is ridiculous. I look like an idiot. I don't look anything like general zod. I'm a total failure. I went over to the screen for playback and it was ridiculous. All of us were wearing pajamas, basically. And there was this neon green set of stairs that was supposed to be our spaceship. So you see us all marching down these neon green stairs in our pajamas and i'm like, "this looks like a monty python skit." and he's like, "i know right now it looks pretty silly, but, two years from now, it's going to look like the most badass thing you've ever seen in your life." and he's right.

do you worry about the diehard comic book fans? They can be vocal.

no. I mean, it is their thing. It's not my thing. I'm not in that club. So, i have a respect for it. To people, it's like a religious experience and i don't discount that. I understand it. We're very sheltered from all that on set. I mean, yeah, if people want to know if it was a high pressure job -- it was very high pressure. And everybody felt a lot of anxiety about getting it right. But, zack's strategy -- which is very intelligent -- is to keep everything very calm and fun and playful and not get tied up about it. Because if you get overly anxious about pleasing people, you can't make anything. You have to be relaxed and have a good time.
awesome!

Old 04-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #998
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

michael shannon seems like a guy who tells it straight too tbqh

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 04-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #999
fake
Side-Kick

Just saw this MoS trailer#3 and Toy Story mashup. Really well done

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #1000
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

That was awesome

Closed Thread