The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #26
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's what they said....could just be a new TV spot possibly
Well i hope we get SOMETHING.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #27
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

well I'll be watching to see what it is

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #28
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Ugh disappointed that Reddit person is just the latest to say that Amy is the weakest part of the film.

Quote:
the big negative i can think of is lois lane wasn't as great as i thought she should have been. felt miscasted somewhat

Old 04-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #29
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

My biggest fear is that Amy won't be given alot to do/Not enough screen time.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #30
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

I'm not worried....already better than Kate Bosworth

Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #31
mohoo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Ugh disappointed that Reddit person is just the latest to say that Amy is the weakest part of the film.
Cavill also was considered the weakest part, but that's just an opinion.

And we don't even know if those guys really saw the film

Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #32
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

I'm not worried about Adams at all. Plus, miscasted isn't a word so I'm not going to listen to that person's opinion anyway.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #33
Project862006
Banned User

saw oblivion and no mos trailer and that had like 8 trailers before the movie started and this is the 2nd time i didn't get 2nd mos trailer when i saw the hobbit

Old 04-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #34
Andreth
Side-Kick

Oh no
I'm worried about Lois

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #35
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Oh no
I'm worried about Lois
Me too

Old 04-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #36
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I'm definitely worried. I feel like Lois is the second most important character to get right.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #37
Project862006
Banned User

why?

because a random reviewer said so

Old 04-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #38
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
why?

because a random reviewer said so
But it's starting to become the prevailing opinion of these pre-screenings. It's just concerning that's all. We all expect so much from this movie.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #39
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

It's funny they said she was miscast considering shes one of the best female talents in the film industry as we speak.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 04-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #40
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

I think the majority of it is just people who aren't Amy Adams fans to begin with....so who gives a **** what they think anyway??

Old 04-29-2013, 11:47 PM   #41
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Considering Deborah Snyder seems to think that Amy elevates the material and makes Superman better, I'm choosing to believe that's the case. Early rumors be damned!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #42
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

If the reviewer doesn't even know "miscasted" isn't a word I don't give them credit for anything.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 04-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #43
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
If the reviewer doesn't even know "miscasted" isn't a word I don't give them credit for anything.
exactly

Old 04-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #44
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
But it's starting to become the prevailing opinion of these pre-screenings. It's just concerning that's all. We all expect so much from this movie.
Well, to be fair it was only one review before this one.

Quote:
It's funny they said she was miscast considering shes one of the best female talents in the film industry as we speak.
Yeah, I can't understand how an actress of Amy's caliber could be considered miscast as a huge icon like Lois. Is it because of her hair? her age? Maybe she just doesn't fit some fans fantasies about a sexy dark haired Lois, they're not gonna be happy unless Megan Fox is playing her.

False or not I can't help to feel worried, I'm still hoping for a solid Lois and a movie that spikes her popularity, the comics aren't treating her very well. I feel like she really needs a positive reaction now more than ever.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 PM   #45
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Well, to be fair it was only one review before this one.

Yeah, I can't understand how an actress of Amy's caliber could be considered miscast as a huge icon like Lois. Is it because of her hair? her age? Maybe she just doesn't fit some fans fantasies about a sexy dark haired Lois, they're not gonna be happy unless Megan Fox is playing her.

False or not I can't help to feel worried, I'm still hoping for a solid Lois and a movie that spikes her popularity, the comics aren't treating her very well. I feel like she really needs a positive reaction now more than ever.
Wasn't that first review based on what that reviewer had gauged from the majority's opinion in that pre-screening though?

And you're right. Lois needs this considering how DC Comics are treating her at the moment.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #46
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

How can people be worried about a review on Reddit?

I have no idea how well the role is written but Adams being miscast is dumb to me sight unseen. She's a great, versatile actress so if something is wrong it's script related. This is assuming that person isn't lying which is a huge assumption.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #47
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
I think the majority of it is just people who aren't Amy Adams fans to begin with....so who gives a **** what they think anyway??
I don't bother about those sorts of people either.

I've liked everything I've seen and have no cause for concern.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
Old 04-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #48
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

me too

Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #49
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
How can people be worried about a review on Reddit?

I have no idea how well the role is written but Adams being miscast is dumb to me sight unseen. She's a great, versatile actress so if something is wrong it's script related. This is assuming that person isn't lying which is a huge assumption.
Yes a random review. Amy's awesome.

Also, we don't know the taste of the reviewer either, and the types of actors/actresses he/she likes. For everyone who thinks Daniel Day Lewis is just plain awesome, you'll always have that one guy who says "Oh he overacts!".

Old 04-30-2013, 12:21 AM   #50
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
So I just saw on a commercial during Castle that there is a sneak peak at Man of Steel...but they didn't say when it would air. Since it was talking about Modern Family on Wednesday I'm assuming it is then
Y'know, if this is true, then it's kinda ironic since I was wondering if there would be a sneak peak for MOS, like there was for BB. Since both films kinda sorta have the same or similar audience POV: what makes this different from the previous one(s)? We all know how different MOS will be, but sometimes people need a little more convincing. That, or, just more material

Closed Thread