The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 09-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #126
Viper81
Agent of Mac Sauce

Default Re: Why Mark Ruffalo?

He delivered one of the greatest lines ever in a comic book movie...

"That's my secret Captain. I'm always angry."

I actually clapped at that scene. Best scene in the entire movie.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #127
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

^That whole scene was something you would have read in the comics. One panel would have featured him saying "That's my secret, Cap....", followed by the next panel showing him Hulking out and finishing the phrase, "...I'm ALWAYS angry."

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #128
Marrelito
New User - Level 0

Mark is cool

Marrelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #129
warcam
Side-Kick

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/12/21...haracter-2012/

Old 12-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #130
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I loved Jennifer Connelly in the Ang Lee version, but I'm sure she'd be considered too old for the role now.
she still looks younger than Ruffahulk. To get her back as Betty would be great.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Last edited by R_Hythlodeus; 12-26-2012 at 07:31 AM.
R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:14 AM   #131
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

#walks into thread, sees the above post, shrugs and leaves##

Old 04-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #132
Ant-manic
Banned User

i think movie Banner should find his way to California and sleep on his cousin's couch for awhile.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #133
Filman

Bro, his acting was awesome. It gave the character a great depth. The pain of that character and also all the threat he carried for others and himself. I loved his acting.

Filman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 AM   #134
docdoc
Side-Kick

I like Ed Norton, I would have love it if they have kept him for The Avengers.

BUT, I agree that Mark Ruffalo indeed made Bruce Banner more interesting than ever. If it was Norton who was chasing that little girl in Brazil or discussing Loki with the gangs, I would totally be like "WHY U NO HULK YET?", 'cause Norton just get me this feeling that he needs an action scene right now! right now! right now!

Mark on the other hand, brought in a more down to earth banner, the one who can actually dissolve into the team, but interesting enough to be, as people said, "uninterested" in anything around him, until the point he needs to be.

When Norton turns into HULK I was like "Hell yeah!", but when Mark does I was like "Holy **** that's scary!!", I think banner should be the way Mark does in The Avengers.

docdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:57 AM   #135
Bren
Forevernoob

I felt sorry for Ruffalo's character. I should also have felt sorry for Norton's banner, but I didn't, just passing the time till he changed.

As much as I was bored with Norton, Ruffalo did have the advantage of other Avengers taking some of the attention.

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:15 AM   #136
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

I liked both Norton and Ruffalo. They play Banner at pretty different stages in his life though. Norton plays him while he's still immensely tormented by what's inside him, while Ruffalo is in full control.

For a solo movie I think it's better to have Banner conflicted since that's what really makes that character interesting and that is what fills up the movie. In The Avengers he doesn't need to carry as much emotionally so there we can just go with the fun version of him "suiting up". Then again I guess that as soon as they stop using the weird message of "strength overcomes everything" Hulk works in every way.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:55 AM   #137
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

it's going to be interesting to see what they do in the next Hulk solo outing. Since he is under control now, he won't randomly Hulk out unless he wants to or needs to. I'm sure that Ross will still want to be chasing him even though he earned some respect in TIH or someone will be on his tail. I'm just having a hard time thinking of other storylines or story angles to use (I'm not a comic reader so idk) Only thing I could think of is Planet Hulk, but for that we would need him to somehow get sent into space (Maybe in Avengers 2 he grabs the cube and is transported or something) then they do a solo Hulk movie after that. But I loved Norton as Hulk and love Ruffalo as Hulk as well.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #138
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
it's going to be interesting to see what they do in the next Hulk solo outing. Since he is under control now, he won't randomly Hulk out unless he wants to or needs to. I'm sure that Ross will still want to be chasing him even though he earned some respect in TIH or someone will be on his tail. I'm just having a hard time thinking of other storylines or story angles to use (I'm not a comic reader so idk) Only thing I could think of is Planet Hulk, but for that we would need him to somehow get sent into space (Maybe in Avengers 2 he grabs the cube and is transported or something) then they do a solo Hulk movie after that. But I loved Norton as Hulk and love Ruffalo as Hulk as well.
he has a lot of material from the books that they haven't touched. they could introduce General Ryker or Glen Talbot. they could have Betty transform into the Harpy. we haven't officially seen the Leader. there's also the U-Foes.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #139
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
he has a lot of material from the books that they haven't touched. they could introduce General Ryker or Glen Talbot. they could have Betty transform into the Harpy. we haven't officially seen the Leader. there's also the U-Foes.
Cool, I figured there's a lot more stuff to use besides PH.. only question I have is how would some of those stories be adapted with Banner already being in control of the Hulk? From what I think I know, he's usually not in full control in the comics right? Enlighten me folks!

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #140
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Wall Re: Why Mark Ruffalo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Connelly too old for Ruffalo's Banner? I think not.
Agreed I thought Connelly was awesome as Betty. Plus she was in my favorite childhood movie, (The Labyrinth). But the chances of her reprising the role are slim and none. And slim just left town.

KDM1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #141
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I liked both Norton and Ruffalo. They play Banner at pretty different stages in his life though. Norton plays him while he's still immensely tormented by what's inside him, while Ruffalo is in full control.

For a solo movie I think it's better to have Banner conflicted since that's what really makes that character interesting and that is what fills up the movie. In The Avengers he doesn't need to carry as much emotionally so there we can just go with the fun version of him "suiting up". Then again I guess that as soon as they stop using the weird message of "strength overcomes everything" Hulk works in every way.
Thanks for saying this. I completely agree, and it's completely based on the writing and the story. Had Norton played ball with Marvel and Whedon, I absolutely believe he would have delivered a fantastic performance as the "in control, more experienced" Banner that people are attributing to Ruffalo's acting, but really is first and foremost thanks to Whedon's decision to develop the character into that (admittedly, more likeable) stage of his life. People don't credit Scarlett Johansson for developing the Black Widow character (much) further from where she was in IM2; they credit Whedon's script.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #142
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Ruffalo is Great, Thats why.

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #143
storyteller
Side-Kick

For me Norton's Banner was a man who couldn't control his power and was basically a fugitive.He was mr super careful.

Ruffalo was paranoid and knew he was the most powerful damn thing in the room. Rewatching his interaction with everyone is awesome.

Captain America; Guys be careful around this guy

Thor: Doesn't know that the guy across the table can kick his ass. He calls him small in the group scene and boom minutes later he's huge.

Widow: Banner wants her to think she has a little control.

Stark: Made a new bff

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #144
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Hawkeye: Eh, it is what it is.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #145
Xeno-noesis
Side-Kick

Regarding his most recent "appearance"...I had an interesting thought. Since Banner/Hulk won't have a movie of his own in Phase 2, a great way to keep him involved and relevant would be to have each post-credits scene involve him in some capacity. It would be a lot of fun to see him make secret cameos in Thor, Cap, and GOTG.

Personally, I think it would be a brilliant move by Marvel Studios.

Xeno-noesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #146
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Bana and Norton had more material to work with given it was a solo movie about the character and his inner conflict.

Ruffalo was apart of an ensemble cast and the Avengers was not primarily about him. I liked Ruffalo's portrayal in Avengers.

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #147
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I prefer edward Norton as banner.He and mark Ruffalo are both oscar nominated
actors so It's not a hwo Is better actor debate for me.Banner was better written
In the Incredible Hulk.I was very disappointed how Joss whedon wrote banner
In the avengers.He came off way too much like David Banner from 1970's
TV show for me.He was way too much In control.That's defeats the purpose
of doing hulk If he's In control.I never liked the whole he's always angry bit.
Norton was very much the 616 Banner brought to life.Yeah the origin was cross
between TV show and ultimates but beside that It was banner I wanted to see
which Is why I was so thrilled back when Norton was announced for The Incredible Hulk.

If they are Intent with keeping the whole Banner Is always angry angle then I
am fine with Banner/Hulk only In Avengers sequels and possibly appearances
In other solo films
Such as his post credit's scene In Iron Man 3

Old 05-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #148
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Such as his post credit's scene In Iron Man 3
the man is getting old. and looks it.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #149
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
the man is getting old. and looks it.

...he's 45 lol. A little grey hair could be good for the character (show's how much stress he's gone through.) Or can easily be covered up and made to look younger.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #150
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
...he's 45 lol. A little grey hair could be good for the character (show's how much stress he's gone through.) Or can easily be covered up and made to look younger.
Yeah, and how old is Robert Downey Jr, and that doesn't seem to be stopping him any. If you take care of yourself and are blessed with good genes, age is just a number folks, just a number.

Hell, how old is Samuel L Jackson? 65?

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote